CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Vitesse = WOW (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4152678-vitesse-wow.html)

rsvette12 06-15-2018 08:28 PM

Vitesse = WOW

Just installed Vitesse - all I can say is wow what a difference - if you dont have one get one now - difference is night and day - have it on 7 at the moment didnt even try 8 or 9 was to giddy - thanks to all who had good words to say about it - did take 8 days to get it from Vitesse so plan on that but well worth the wait - luv it :thumbs:

Zap City 06-15-2018 08:32 PM

I agree. One of the best mods you can do.

Mcrider 06-15-2018 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by rsvette12 (Post 1597415359)
Just installed Vitesse - all I can say is wow what a difference - if you dont have one get one now - difference is night and day - have it on 7 at the moment didnt even try 8 or 9 was to giddy - thanks to all who had good words to say about it - did take 8 days to get it from Vitesse so plan on that but well worth the wait - luv it :thumbs:

Mine is on the way!!!!

Vet Interested 06-15-2018 08:48 PM

Its like driving a different car. Worth the money!:thumbs:

rsvette12 06-15-2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mcrider (Post 1597415416)
Mine is on the way!!!!

You are going to luv it - just a little wonky setting it up - for some reason pedal all the way down it wasn't doing anything so gave it another shot and worked :thumbs:

rsvette12 06-15-2018 09:16 PM

Make sure you put things where they are not going to get obstructed (brake and accelerator) and you will be fine, I slid the box section underneath carpet off to left of brake and on the right pulled wires taught and tucked them into carpet behind accelerator

rb185afm 06-15-2018 10:39 PM

I have mine set at 5. I’ve found more advanced induced oversteer to quick on the track.

fugly1 06-16-2018 12:17 AM

I like it -- except when I am barely touching the accelerator, like in a parking lot, or alley, or heavy traffic. Then it lurches. Anybody else experience this?

UsernameProtected 06-16-2018 06:54 AM

I liked mine, but it kept causing the car to go into limp mode after WOT blasts to redline. I ran it at 7. Now tha I have installed the Mamo ported throttle body it’s not really needed, but I might hook it up again and see if it’ll behave better at a 4 or 5 setting.

YO-EL 06-16-2018 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by fugly1 (Post 1597416520)
I like it -- except when I am barely touching the accelerator, like in a parking lot, or alley, or heavy traffic. Then it lurches. Anybody else experience this?

You have to learn how to "walk it out".. go EASY on the pedal!
Too many guys are heavy footed when they don't need to be, and jab the pedal... Just ease it and you'll be fine! :thumbs:

JonMN 06-16-2018 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by fugly1 (Post 1597416520)

I liked the Vitesse but had the same observation. Annoyed me enough to remove it. Just for fun I tried the newest version of Sprintbooster. Seemed to have a little tip-in programmed in and do not have the same problem.

cowboy casey 06-16-2018 07:52 AM

At 5 to 7 its a little Jittery, at 2 to 4 its heaven :)

JerryU 06-16-2018 08:34 AM

FWIW will provide some quantitative info. Was used to driving with MAX OEM throttle response in my 2014 Z51 none MRC C7 for 3 1/2 years. When I got my Grand Sport I was driving in Touring that was only slightly less stiff that my Z51 and in Sport it was stiffer. In Track it rattled your teeth in normal driving.!

Was able to set the Grand Sport steering response and NPP to always Sport or Track regardless of Drive Mode. However throttle response is not an available option setting. Even taking off was a bit of a PIA with my M7 from what I was used to in my 2014. Installed the Vitesse throttle controller and set at 4 or 5 matches what I had been used to for 3 1/2 years.

Vitesse says a setting of 5 is a linear response. I refer a setting of 9 (the Max) as "Boy Racer!"

Below are some curves.

I had an issue with the install solved by Vitesse. Could be an answer to those that tripped a CEL. Mine has been fine for over a year. This is a PDF of my install and minor install issue: http://netwelding.com/Throttle_Control.pdf

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d26ea0b15d.jpg

Note, although these curves are not directly from Vitesse, what I have observed matches these curves and what Vitesse says their device does.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...c062bfc749.jpg

In my 2014 only needed to drive in Sport Mode to have Max OEM throttle response. None isse for ride as my none MRC Z51. For my 2017 I would have to drive in Track Mode to get Max OEM throttle response.

rsvette12 06-16-2018 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by YO-EL (Post 1597417040)
Too many guys are heavy footed when they don't need to be, and jab the pedal... Just ease it and you'll be fine! :thumbs:

This is what I do works great, pretty simple well maybe for drummers :thumbs:

Foosh 06-16-2018 10:17 AM

I can see why folks like the throttle "feel" that a Vitesse device delivers. It leads one to perceive that it produces better throttle response, and if your definition of "better throttle response" is that you don't have to move your foot as much, I guess that's true. However, it is just a feel thing by changing throttle position. It's not delivering more power, and I just move my foot further and quicker when when I want more throttle.

It's analogous to the difference in steering feel between Tour, Sport, and Track modes. Steering performance is exactly the same, but the amount of power assist varies from heavy to light.

rsvette12 06-16-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1597417941)
I can see why folks like the throttle "feel" that a Vitesse device delivers. It leads one to perceive that it produces better throttle response, and if your definition of "better throttle response" is that you don't have to move your foot as much, I guess that's true. However, it is just a feel thing by changing throttle position. It's not delivering more power, and I just move my foot further and quicker when when I want more throttle.

It's analogous to the difference in steering feel between Tour, Sport, and Track modes. Steering performance is exactly the same, but the amount of power assist varies from heavy to light.

Have you tried one its doing more than you state, takes off like a rocket unlike before I added it - if you dont have one you will see, its a game changer

As others have stated its like pulling a trailer until you use Vitesse world of difference

fugly1 06-16-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by YO-EL (Post 1597417040)

As I said, this is when barely touching the accelerator. If I keep a constant very slight pressure on the pedal in first gear (say, easing through an alley), the car lunges. The higher the number I set the controller at, the more pronounced the lunging.

I think I read somewhere that it is in the car's programming/tune; it's just not noticeable until the controller amplifies the signal.

theplatinumog 06-16-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rsvette12 (Post 1597418222)
Have you tried one its doing more than you state, takes off like a rocket unlike before I added it - if you dont have one you will see, its a game changer

As others have stated its like pulling a trailer until you use Vitesse world of difference

I don't get it. WOT is WOT. It doesn't make the car any faster, does it?

rsvette12 06-16-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by fugly1 (Post 1597418226)
As I said, this is when barely touching the accelerator. If I keep a constant very slight pressure on the pedal in first gear (say, easing through an alley), the car lunges. The higher the number I set the controller at, the more pronounced the lunging.

I think I read somewhere that it is in the car's programming/tune; it's just not noticeable until the controller amplifies the signal.

Your car manual ? may be different than in an automatic

JerryU 06-16-2018 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by fugly1 (Post 1597418226)

Look at the graph I provide in post #13. All manufacturers provide a slow tip-in to make it less sensitive in "normal (old man)" driving. The C7 has 4 levels of throttle response. The fastest is when in Track Mode in my 2017.

I was using the GM Max response in my none MRC 2014 C7 for 3 1/2 years so got used to what appears to be a linear not slow tip-in response. I keep my Vitesse set at 4 and IMO it matches what I had in my 2014 set at the OEM Max.