CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Ask Tadge (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge-171/)
-   -   Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 6/24/18 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge/4153187-ask-tadge-poll-ending-6-24-18-a.html)

jvp 06-17-2018 07:56 AM

Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 6/24/18

Vote for which of these 4 you'd like to have Tadge answer. The winner will be submitted 6/24/18.

The questions are posted in the replies below, with links to their respective threads.

jvp 06-17-2018 07:58 AM

C7 ZR1: Balanced Downforce

The original questions is here.

smurfmacaw asked:
I'd be interested in the changes to the ZR-1's front aero to balance the downforce from the massive wing riding in the back. I'm sure there is a preferred balance and significantly increasing the downforce in the back required some compensation in the front to prevent understeer at high speeds but it looks essentially the same as far as the splitter etc in the front (I've only seen pictures so they may be deceptive.)

jvp 06-17-2018 07:58 AM

Impact of leaving the ZR1 track cooling items installed on the street

The original question is here.

Poor-sha asked:
The C7 Z06 and the C7 ZR1 both come with secondary brake cooling ducts that the owner's manual states should be installed for track use and should be removed for street use. Additionally, the C7 ZR1 comes with exhaust cooling hardware that attaches to the tunnel plate and the owner's manual also recommends removing after the track event.

What are the risks associated with leaving this equipment in place during street operation?

jvp 06-17-2018 07:59 AM

ZR1 Front Quarter Panel Design Changes

MMD asked:
I would like to hear Tadge's take on the new design feature of the wide-body style "front" quarter panels found on the ZR1. I have not read or heard anyone discuss this design deviation from the stock C7 wide body design that can be found on the Z06 and Grand Sport. Was this change a result of aeronautical engineering studies, computational fluid & thermal analysis, or was this change made just to mitigate issues related to stones and road debris being kicked up rearward outside toward the rear of the vehicle? I noticed the ZR1 did away with the wheel opening "spats" that where implemented since the 2017 model year. I would appreciate any insights learning about this little mentioned design change. Any possibilty this feature will be incorporated into the design of the 2020 model year Z06 and Grand Sport? It sure would aid in reducing road debris damage.

jvp 06-17-2018 08:00 AM

"Ice mode" in PTM driving modes

village idiot asked:
A number of us were wondering why the hard brake pedal mode ("ice mode" as its been called ) is active in PTM, especially sport 2 and race. It seems like it activates when a wheel is suddenly or quickly locked, like it would on ice or other low friction surface. Unfortunately, a wheel locking quickly happens a lot on the track because, generally, one or more tires are unloaded at any given time, plus things like bumps and curbing unload them.

A combination of being unloaded with big brakes and track brake pads seems to engage this "ice mode" on the track, where it's difficult to see the benefit of it. So what is this "ice mode" and why is active in PTM? It seems very dangerous.