CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/)
-   -   Corvette on Woodward 2018 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes/4159414-corvette-on-woodward-2018-a.html)

Dreamcruiser1977 07-02-2018 01:45 AM

Corvette on Woodward 2018

Hi everyone,

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Getting older I find my mind makes promises that my body sometimes has a hard time keeping.

The was a Corvettes on Woodward last year 2017 just not much of a parade. I had almost 100 Corvettes show up at the Heritage Center and easily that many at Lingenfelter.

So the M1 Concourse is out of the picture.

Here is part of the plan for this year.

Wednesday August 15 we will meet as always at the GM Heritage Center at 10 AM.

Wednesday evening we will meet at the Masonic Lodge on the west side of Woodward just a bit north of Big Beaver. There will be signs.

As long as everyone follows directions everything will be cool.

At 7:30 the police will be there to help us get on Woodward to cruise down to the Open Hands Food Pantry at Eleven Mile and Woodward.

I do ask everyone to help and donate 10.00 a car plus some food. It really helps out a lot of people, over 14,000 now. That is not even 20 cents a week.

At the food pantry I am planning to have a food vendor so we can hang around. There will also be raffles.

Thursday morning August 16 we will meet up at the Lingenfelter Collection. I did not plan a caravan there because it is difficult for me to get every to meet some where and construction keeps changing routes. A suggestion is you could meet at the mall at Twelve Mile and come together that way.

Pratt and Miller tours in August will be postponed because no one will be there. The team is out racing. I will announce plans soon so we can visit so don't bug them.

Thursday evening the destination is Stahl's Collection. They have an on going cruise night on Thursday and feel it is better that way.

Friday. I have a couple of things in mind. We go to Webber's Wildlife Museum and it is very interesting especially if you like to hunt.
I have asked if anyone is interested in Go cart Racing. I was thinking of having groups go out compete and the winner in each group moves to a final heat. What do you think?
I also took a group to the Detroit Parade Company.

I am working on a few more things to do plus I am the Caravan Captain for the 2019 Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky Corvette Caravan to the NCM for the 25th Anniversary at the end of August next year.

You can leave me messages or replies here or email me at MichiganCorvetteEvents@gmail.com

You can also call me. I do not walk around with my phone in my hand and do not answer while driving. So if you call please if I don't answer leave a message. Otherwise you number may become blocked.

So that is it for now. Call me if you want. 586-876-6923 or email me for more complete and up to date information. OK?

SAVE THE WAVE and SMOKE TIRES NOT DOPE

Larry Courtney

rkj427 07-02-2018 07:57 PM

:thumbs: Thanks for posting this.................. going to get this information out to as many as possible............ :cheers:

skvette 07-10-2018 02:53 PM

Thanks for the details Larry. We plan to join you all at the Stahl's cruise-in on Thursday evening.

naturaldisaster3 07-12-2018 10:24 AM

Sounds like a great week of events! Will there be times announced for the events on Thursday/Friday?

HoldHard 07-27-2018 10:33 AM

Larry,
Just a "heads up"....
Cruis' News August 2018 edition has Corvettes on Woodward listed at the M1 Concourse for Wednesday August 15th with your name and phone number.

HH
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...6decca0383.jpg

August Cruis'News - Page 25

69 08-05-2018 01:20 PM

Those attending the Corvette’s on Woodward Wednesday event,After the Heritage Center tour, get some lunch and head over to the Royal Oak museum just off Woodward ave, check out the Free Press article at the below link.New Attraction>. Ahead of Dream Cruise, top designers' auto art, cool cars on displayhttps://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...bit/847028002/This Museum is NOT normally open on Wednesday’s but they have agreed to be open for the Corvette’s on Woodward event from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, see below email.The exhibit, at 1411 W. Webster in Royal Oak, runs Aug. 3-Sept. 15. It’s free during usual museum hours (see royaloakhistoricalsociety.com).From: curator@royaloakhistoricalsociety.org Date: 8/2/18 1:09 PM (GMT-05:00) Subject: RE: VISIT Corvettes on Woidward We would love to open the Museum for a private tour for your Club on Wed. Aug. 15, at 1 pm...Several of our "Car Guy" volunteers will be here to talk to you about the Automotive Concept Art. I'm also reaching out to some of the Designers who still live in the area...perhaps a few will be here.Again, so glad you read the article. Thanks to, Bill Latiner, my buddy. Muriel VersagiCurator

Mongoose

BuLion 08-07-2018 11:26 AM

I haven't been on Woodward for 2 weeks, but our trip on northbound Woodward from 696 to Square Lake Road on 7/29 in my SUV has me thinking the City is purposely trying to discourage the cruisers by road construction. My Acadia picked up alot of patina from asphalt stones, was really disappointed in the City and their timing. It appears to be on purpose, they are working like frozen molasses.

akriggm 08-09-2018 11:08 AM

Larry,

About what time will the gathering @ the Masonic Lodge begin on Wednesday evening?

Thanks,
akriggm

bruiser 08-09-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by akriggm (Post 1597759284)
Larry,

About what time will the gathering @ the Masonic Lodge begin on Wednesday evening?

Thanks,
akriggm

From an email Larry sent out:

This is the new traffic pattern for Wednesday night August 15 for Corvettes on Woodward. Please do not arrive before 4:30 PM. I rented the space 4:30-7:30 PM. There will be signs and people to guide you where to park. This is the only way to enter. Do not use the other map or the Later Day Saints parking entrance or come in the back way through the residential area. This is the first time here I would like it to be NOT the LAST. There will be a large tent set up on the grass in from of the lodge. Bring your own chairs. We will be collecting 10.00 cash & check donations and also food donations. I will have a truck or van on site. Any questions please message me or write to MichiganCorvetteEvents@gmail.com or call 586-876-6923 if I don't answer leave a message. I do not answer my phone while driving.

LT1 Z51 08-14-2018 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by BuLion (Post 1597745974)
I haven't been on Woodward for 2 weeks, but our trip on northbound Woodward from 696 to Square Lake Road on 7/29 in my SUV has me thinking the City is purposely trying to discourage the cruisers by road construction. My Acadia picked up alot of patina from asphalt stones, was really disappointed in the City and their timing. It appears to be on purpose, they are working like frozen molasses.

MDOT just finished all the road work on Woodward between Big Beaver/Quarton/16 Mile and 14 Mile just last week. Royal Oak also was "restriping" all the crosswalks last weekend. So if you went by before the 12th, you did not see it in the final state. Everything is done now, and it's very nice.

LT1 Z51 08-14-2018 09:44 AM

I might want to take part in the NCM caravan next year for the 25th. I am a lifetime member after all of the NCM.