CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   C6 F55 Delete Solutions (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/4160209-c6-f55-delete-solutions.html)

'12GS 07-03-2018 08:29 PM

C6 F55 Delete Solutions

Let me start with this statement. This question is regarding C6 (05-13) F55, not the C5 F55 which is arguably much easier to delete

I'm finding a lot of mixed messages on how to delete F55 on a C6. Some say just disable the RTD function with a Tech2, others say you still have to unplug the module under the passenger fender and jumper wires in the disconnected connector, others say unplug the battery for a while, . So does anyone have a definitive solution to delete this, with firsthand experience doing it? I have coilovers on the way and I didn't realize this would be as big of an issue as it appears it is. Apparently I was looking at instructions to remove C5 F55 instead of C6 ...

Dano523 07-04-2018 06:14 AM

Base model and GS model, just go in BCM programing and turn it off with a tech II (don't need to disconnect the F55 module).
Note, it was on the C5 BCM that you have to unplug the F55 module after programming it out of the BCM, since with it just turned off in the BCM, the BCM would see it still plugged in on the next start up, and program it back into the system isntead. On the C6 base and GS, once you have it programmed out of the BCM RPO list (not asterisk marked, and BCM changes saved), you have to go back into the BCM RPO to program it back in if you want to activate it, even if is still plugged into the system.

In a ZR1 since f55 is tied in PTM that is working with the TC button as well (BCM playing a larger roll that just begin set in either tour or sports mode alone to just send the signal to the F55 module alone), get a little harder deleting out the F55 module isntead. Hence in the ZR1, the BCM is not only sending a signal to the F55 module, it sending a signal to the ECM as well per PTM modes (for TM management as well).

As for the RPO T56 option in the BCM programming (the one that stops the DRL from coming on in the day time, option delete) some of the BCM will have it when you switch the country of operation to Mexico (instead of USA), while some will not have this option in the Mexico county RPO's instead. Hence it's a hit or miss, depending on the firmware of the BCM. It will show up if you change the country to a few abroad countries, but you don't want to use them for a USA car (only Mexico as an option to get the T56 option for a USA car), since it will change the fobs and TPMS working frequencies needed for that export country, plus may have problems without the needed other items for that country that may not be installed in the car as well.

'12GS 07-04-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dano523 (Post 1597532557)
Base model and GS model, just go in BCM programing and turn it off with a tech II (don't need to disconnect the F55 module).
Note, it was on the C5 BCM that you have to unplug the F55 module after programming it out of the BCM, since with it just turned off in the BCM, the BCM would see it still plugged in on the next start up, and program it back into the system isntead. On the C6 base and GS, once you have it programmed out of the BCM RPO list (not asterisk marked, and BCM changes saved), you have to go back into the BCM RPO to program it back in if you want to activate it, even if is still plugged into the system.

https://youtu.be/5tJl8XQ6Dzo

In a ZR1 since f55 is tied in PTM that is working with the TC button as well (BCM playing a larger roll that just begin set in either tour or sports mode alone to just send the signal to the F55 module alone), get a little harder deleting out the F55 module isntead. Hence in the ZR1, the BCM is not only sending a signal to the F55 module, it sending a signal to the ECM as well per PTM modes (for TM management as well).

As for the RPO T56 option in the BCM programming (the one that stops the DRL from coming on in the day time, option delete) some of the BCM will have it when you switch the country of operation to Mexico (instead of USA), while some will not have this option in the Mexico county RPO's instead. Hence it's a hit or miss, depending on the firmware of the BCM. It will show up if you change the country to a few abroad countries, but you don't want to use them for a USA car (only Mexico as an option to get the T56 option for a USA car), since it will change the fobs and TPMS working frequencies needed for that export country, plus may have problems without the needed other items for that country that may not be installed in the car as well.

You are my new favorite person! Thanks for the responses on both of my comments! That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

gunner5 06-17-2019 09:44 PM

I actually just posted the same question as I didn’t see this in my search originally. Did this work for you?

SilverC54me 06-18-2019 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by gunner5 (Post 1599601056)
I actually just posted the same question as I didn’t see this in my search originally. Did this work for you?

I have helped 2 guys that have removed the F55 option by just removing the RTD option out of the BCM. One was a base coupe with F55 the other a GS with F55. No modules had to be disconnected.
Both went to C6Z shocks.

Gary

SilverC54me 06-18-2019 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by gunner5 (Post 1599601056)

I have helped 2 guys that have removed the F55 option by just removing the RTD option out of the BCM using a Tech2 clone. One was a base coupe with F55 the other a GS with F55. No modules had to be disconnected.
Both went to C6Z shocks.

Gary

gunner5 06-18-2019 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by SilverC54me (Post 1599606879)
I have helped 2 guys that have removed the F55 option by just removing the RTD option out of the BCM using a Tech2 clone. One was a base coupe with F55 the other a GS with F55. No modules had to be disconnected.
Both went to C6Z shocks.

Gary

Nice!!! I have a base model, just swapped out all 4 with z06 shocks and going to head to a shop this weekend who said they would give it a shot with the tech 2. Hoping it is this easy, guess we will see. Thanks!!!

89Roadster 06-18-2019 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by gunner5 (Post 1599607067)
Nice!!! I have a base model, just swapped out all 4 with z06 shocks and going to head to a shop this weekend who said they would give it a shot with the tech 2. Hoping it is this easy, guess we will see. Thanks!!!

10 minutes with a Tech2 if they know what they're doing

Dano523 07-06-2019 12:51 PM

Yep, on the C6, you can leave the module in, and it will not program it self back in.

On the C5, 2003 and older, ignition on, program out the F45 option in BCM set up (remove the astriscs and save), remove the large F55 connector from it, turn the car off, remove the two smaller connectors, then restart the car, all while leaving the Tech II connected to the car. Hence on the C5, if the F55 module is left it, the BCM will program it back into the car. On the 2004 C5, you have to do the above to start with to remove the F55 module from the BCM, but then have to go back in and reflash the Modules to strip the F55 program out of the firmware instead. And it just the 2004 that you have to do a lot of Moudule firmware re-flashing, to strip that out of each modules firmware.

gunner5 07-06-2019 12:59 PM

Confirmed and completed! It did take about 5 mins and cost about $60 so we’ll worth it!

Dano523 07-06-2019 10:52 PM

If $60 from the dealer, not a bad cost since they often charge about $135 to use the tool instead.
Fact is, for this reason that they charge so much to use it to begin with, great reason to buy your own clone instead.