CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   GTA Dealers (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/4163425-gta-dealers.html)

Z0Sikh 07-11-2018 10:56 PM

GTA Dealers

Long time lurker but finally ready to pull the plug. Reading the general C7 forums I have learned the following:
1) Dealers do not know how to do an oil change on a C7
2) Dealers cannot do tire changes w/o cracking the rim on a C7

Question: For those of you in the GTA where did you buy/ service your vehicle?

Wilson Niblett has been recomended. Thoughts?

Thanks

Patastic 07-12-2018 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Z0Sikh (Post 1597580137)
Long time lurker but finally ready to pull the plug. Reading the general C7 forums I have learned the following:

Thanks

i have everything done at Niblett, they have been great for me
deal with assistant manager Shirley, tell her i sent you

Maxpowers 07-12-2018 01:19 PM

I bought my car there and would like to go there for maintenance but its a bit far. They definitely deal with more vettes than probably any other dealer in Canada.

Patman 07-12-2018 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Maxpowers (Post 1597583147)
I bought my car there and would like to go there for maintenance but its a bit far. They definitely deal with more vettes than probably any other dealer in Canada.

Brian Cullen in St Catharines is a very close second though, so for people out that way it's a great alternative. I bought mine from them but haven't been back for any service (I do my own oil changes and it has been flawless so far so haven't needed warranty work either)

Mad*Max 07-12-2018 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Z0Sikh (Post 1597580137)

Thanks

I have been there umpteen times - they are not better or worse than other dealers - most visits require me to escalate to the service manager to get something done or for resolution. Used to have a knowledgeable service advisor before but he quit. One of them there does not even return phone calls (he will remain unnamed here).

Z0Sikh 07-13-2018 08:01 AM

Thank you for the replies.

Maybe it’s just the internet but reading the C7 general forums for the past year (like I said... long time lurker) it seems like a horror show going back to the dealer for basic maintenance. Hard to believe that Chevy dealers that sell C7’s are incapable of doing an oil change, but than again that might just be the internet.

Where do you guys go for tires? On the US side they talk about “Discount Tire” as the dealers once again cannot change a GrandSport tire without destroying the rim. I guess a specialized machine is required.

I am just trying to get as much info as I can as I have never serviced my own vehicles before nor have I bought a vehicle in this price range.

Patastic 07-13-2018 08:28 AM

i just bought my tires from niblett as well
after seeing the equipment they have for installing don't think i would go anywhere else most shops dont have the tire machine they do
also have to be careful of manufacturing date on the tires, alot of these places offering big discounts are selling of old tires
Niblett will also price match for the most part, like costco pricing

i3kc 07-13-2018 10:20 AM

I bought my car and have it serviced at WN. The techs there are good, but I agree that the service staff is poor. The service person I deal with doesn't seem to listen or care about my concerns (warble issue). I've sent emails which didn't get answered. I was promised call backs which I never received. I really had to push the issue to get things addressed with them, They did eventually get my warble issue resolved there after getting the service manager involved.

FYI, WN is under new ownership. It's no longer "family owned" as it was bought out earlier this year by a company from the Alberta which is expanding into Ontario. I hope that this changes the attitude of the front line service staff.

All GM dealerships are required to have the Road Force balancing machines to get our high performance tires installed and balanced properly. I would stay away from smaller dealers that don't handle our cars that often. WN and BC are both two of Ontario's larger Corvette dealers and have tons of experience working on our vehicles. When I bought my tires, I did not go with WN as they never called me back with promised quotes. I ended up going to Markville. Parts manager there is awesome (will beat "any" price") but the techs there are not as good. They did install my winter tires without damage to the rim, but I took them forever to get it right. I was told it would be a 1-2 hour job, then I went home after 3 hours as I decided to let them have it longer so they don't feel rushed. They took long, but did get it right.

I prefer to buy a vehicle and have it serviced at the same dealership.

Z0Sikh 07-13-2018 11:42 AM

I live closer to WN so I will look for a GrandSport from them.

BC has slot of C7’s but looks like they all have the transparent roof which I’m not looking for.

Thanks for the responses.

Mad*Max 07-13-2018 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by i3kc (Post 1597588554)

FYI, WN is under new ownership. It's no longer "family owned" as it was bought out earlier this year by a company from the Alberta which is expanding into Ontario. I hope that this changes the attitude of the front line service staff.

Is Gord still there?

Z0Sikh 07-13-2018 12:55 PM

WN it is then. I live not too far from them so I’ll see what GrandSports they have.

BC gas a lot of c7’s But it seems they all have transparent roofs.

Tgsnks for the responses.

Brian71 07-13-2018 02:58 PM

For tires Braiden Tire in Markham has all the modern equipment for replacing and balancing tires. For oil changes or maintenance work you could see Dave at Stevenson's in Port Perry. You didn't state your location so I'm not sure if these two places are close to you.

RDBVETTE 07-13-2018 09:13 PM

Try Dean Myers, I bought my GS there and they have some GS's in stock. The service has been good to date as well.

Z0Sikh 07-13-2018 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brian71 (Post 1597590642)
For tires Braiden Tire in Markham has all the modern equipment for replacing and balancing tires. For oil changes or maintenance work you could see Dave at Stevenson's in Port Perry. You didn't state your location so I'm not sure if these two places are close to you.

Brampton

Patman 07-14-2018 08:56 AM

In Brampton there is Bramalea Tire (on Airport Rd north of the 407) I have bought tires for my old C5 and C6 from them and their prices are good and more importantly they have never damaged a wheel or the cars.

i3kc 07-14-2018 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1597589219)
Is Gord still there?

I don’t know. I don’t really know the people there that we’ll. I checked the staff directory and didn’t see Gord there. None of the technicians are listed in the directory so if he is one, then maybe that’s why I can’t locate him.

walleyejack 07-14-2018 10:43 PM

i wouldn t take my wheel barrow to WN. but jmo
gl with the search.

as mentioned earlier, Dean Myers is ok from what i had done a few yrs back.

VETFEVER 07-15-2018 12:14 AM

Recently had some tire work done by a shop called Burning Rubber Tire and Speed. They are in Oakville near Bronte RTd. Owner's name is Chris.

They treated my wheels with kid gloves... Highly recommend them.

PM me if you want more info.

Mad*Max 07-15-2018 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by i3kc (Post 1597597259)

I don’t know. I don’t really know the people there that we’ll. I checked the staff directory and didn’t see Gord there. None of the technicians are listed in the directory so if he is one, then maybe that’s why I can’t locate him.

He is or at least was the President - he helped me out with issues with his staff a couple of times.

snowbird12 07-16-2018 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Z0Sikh (Post 1597587723)
Thank you for the replies.

Maybe it’s just the internet but reading the C7 general forums for the past year (like I said... long time lurker) it seems like a horror show going back to the dealer for basic maintenance. Hard to believe that Chevy dealers that sell C7’s are incapable of doing an oil change, but than again that might just be the internet.

Where do you guys go for tires? On the US side they talk about “Discount Tire” as the dealers once again cannot change a GrandSport tire without destroying the rim. I guess a specialized machine is required.

I am just trying to get as much info as I can as I have never serviced my own vehicles before nor have I bought a vehicle in this price range.

i took my Grandsport to Cheeny Tire in Watertown NY
The owner has lots of Corvette customers and is part of the NY Corvette club
Great price and service