CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Convertible color options? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4164996-convertible-color-options.html)

skrupski 07-16-2018 08:50 AM

Convertible color options?

Looking at ordering a GS convertible. Thinking AW but wanted something a little different for the top color. Stuck on the kalahari interior, thinking maybe the blue top. Any thoughts. Has anyone seen this combo. Thanks in advance for comments.

Bigredwing 07-16-2018 09:34 AM

I like the blue top, and if I could get a blue interior I would order today. Also, the Build Your Corvette page on the GM website gives a good visual of the white/blue combination.

dvilin 07-16-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by skrupski (Post 1597604922)
Looking at ordering a GS convertible. Thinking AW but wanted something a little different for the top color. Stuck on the kalahari interior, thinking maybe the blue top. Any thoughts. Has anyone seen this combo. Thanks in advance for comments.

In my opinion the blue top with the Kalahari interior doesn't look good. But probably just me I do not think the Kalahari interior looks good with the AW exterior either.
To answer your question yes I have seen the combo at a cruise in and as stated do not like it.

jimmie jam 07-16-2018 09:41 AM

I personally would not even consider a blue top with that color combo (AW/Kala). You really only have two that would look good, either black or kalahari tops. I have a blue top on mine that looks black anyway on my Twilight Blue Design Edition but it has the beautiful blue interior. The thing with unusual color combos is that most will love or hate it, but mostly hate. When you are done with it a sale or trade will be more difficult I'm sure.

Corgidog1 07-16-2018 09:42 AM

White wth kalahari goes well but a blue top is just wrong with that color combo-imho I think a kalahari top would be perfect with that combo.

TOSOC7 07-16-2018 09:42 AM

My opinion is that the Arctic White convertible looks best with a black top and interior. ��

Red C8 of Jax 07-16-2018 09:53 AM

AW with RED interior and BLUE top!!!!!! :flag: :flag:

skrupski 07-17-2018 08:50 AM

Thanks for the input. Dealer thinks the 3 colors is too much. I kind of thought the kalahari was sort of neutral and would go with most any color, obviously some better than others.

DWS44 07-17-2018 09:04 AM

Arctic White with the Blue top would look awesome. I had a blue convertible top on a silver 350Z years ago, and loved the blue top. That said, I'd have to agree with kalahari being the odd man out in that equation. If you want to go with Arctic White and Blue top, maybe consider the gray interior, which would make a beautiful overall combo, and still be a departure from the same old all black interior.

papillion 07-17-2018 09:51 AM

It's Back

Black is the 'new' black. With Adrenaline Red.

SilverScorp 07-17-2018 10:17 AM

I would only get a blue top if the interior was also blue. Anything else, would be a mistake.

C5Driver 07-17-2018 11:42 AM

Is it possible to order the car with spice red interior and top? If so go this route you wont be sorry on any level. This makes one hell of a beautiful car with AW. With that peanut butter interior I would only go with a matching top or black NOOO BLUE!

saleeg 07-17-2018 12:08 PM

Arctic White, Black Top, Spice Red interior, Crome wheels, Red Calipers

Kevin A Jones 07-17-2018 12:15 PM

Personally, I feel unless black, the soft top color needs to be same as interior color. Looks strange otherwise.

skrupski 07-17-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by C5Driver (Post 1597613501)
Is it possible to order the car with spice red interior and top? If so go this route you wont be sorry on any level. This makes one hell of a beautiful car with AW. With that peanut butter interior I would only go with a matching top or black NOOO BLUE!

My 1st choice. Looked for months for a used 2017 with the Spice Red Design package. Found none. Unfortunately the spice red requires 3LT, a big cost increase. I get the message not to go blue, thinking I will go traditional and do the white, black top, adrenaline red. The red is a little bright but I can get used to it.

Foosh 07-17-2018 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones (Post 1597613745)
Personally, I feel unless black, the soft top color needs to be same as interior color. Looks strange otherwise.

I agree.

Carlos Thomas 07-17-2018 02:16 PM

Dealers don't carry those types of unique color schemes on the lot often. When I ordered my 2019 Convertible, my dealer told me they are always concerned when customers place a deposit/order for a weird off color combo. Because if they cancel, the dealer is stuck with trying to sell it. For example, Yellow Body, Blue Top, Red Seats and Orange Calipers.

I went with more of a traditional color combo, however, I don't see too many like mine here in California.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...c99f392ec2.jpg

Rebel Yell 07-17-2018 02:56 PM

GM is very nice when it comes to the color combo over ride. You pay the $590, and they'll give you any combo you want. However, they may not look good together, and you sharply lessen your pool of future buyers.

OP, you could go with the Kalahari top to match the interior. IMHO that would look much better than the blue top.

From my experience of owning drop tops black is easier to keep looking good, and it is the default color that most all buyers will accept.

skrupski 07-17-2018 03:31 PM

Very nice car, I'm thinking I am going with the same colors, only a GS. Probably standard wheels until I decide if I want chrome. I'm not a black wheels fan but I admit they do look good on this car. I realize it should be a common combo but I don't think I have seen any in upstate New York either.

Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas (Post 1597614621)
Dealers don't carry those types of unique color schemes on the lot often. When I ordered my 2019 Convertible, my dealer told me they are always concerned when customers place a deposit/order for a weird off color combo. Because if they cancel, the dealer is stuck with trying to sell it. For example, Yellow Body, Blue Top, Red Seats and Orange Calipers.

I went with more of a traditional color combo, however, I don't see too many like mine here in California.

Very nice car, I'm thinking I am going with the same colors, only a GS. Probably standard wheels until I decide if I want chrome. I'm not a black wheels fan but I admit they do look good on this car. I realize it should be a common combo but I don't think I have seen any in upstate New York either.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...c99f392ec2.jpg

SilverGhost 07-17-2018 09:08 PM

I see alot of wave off here on blue, but blue, and red tops, set the C7 apart, moving into the 911 world of custom ordered colors as it were. I have a black top on my C7, but it matches the carbon flash badges, black wheels and gives the eye a welcome respite from the in your face torch red. You'll see 99% of the c7 verts with black tops, the dealer's order safe bet; but that 1 percent...in the know C7 folks identify it as a custom-ordered car. As long as you don't order it up in mary kay pink, no dealer's gonna give you a hard time when you go to trade a white/blue top/red interiored vert; just look at the admiral blue, white stripe red hash marks and (preferably) red interior GS coupe that GM produced so many of in 2017. The tan top is so smart for hot weather, but it just has a tendency to attract dirt shadows as it grows older, which makes the car look old. The gray top, had one on a silver c6 vert, gray interior, nice, but i saw the creep of darkening dirt on the light gray top as it aged. Navy blue or black top; dead heat on a merry go round for looking good over the long haul.

This one, as a vert, would look much better with a blue top than a black top:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2609350014.jpg