CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Intercity let me down (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4166539-intercity-let-me-down.html)

LIE2ME 07-19-2018 09:43 PM

Intercity let me down

For years I have heard over and over on this website how "wonderful" Intercity Auto Transport is. So, I finally decided to try them. So I sent Intercity an e-mail and told him that I had a car that I had just purchased that had to be picked up between the 2nd and the 8th of August. Those dates were critical, as the man who sold me the car had also sold his house and was going to closing shortly thereafter. In short, both he AND the car I had just purchased from him had to vacate by the dates specified. Well, Intercity wrote me back and basically said, "sorry", but this is our busy time and we cannot guarantee pick-up during that time frame. I'm thinking, but wait, you guys say you are the best. You claim you can do anything. Here I am trying to schedule several weeks out and you are telling me to "go to hell"?

Apparently, that is exactly what Intercity is doing....

I will never call them again...

PatternDayTrader 07-19-2018 09:52 PM

Sounds like they were just being straight with you.

LIE2ME 07-19-2018 09:56 PM

So, exactly what use are they to anybody?

rmorin1249 07-19-2018 09:56 PM

I know you are upset but telling you they can't meet your needs is better than saying they can and then not showing up on time. Other companies are guilty of doing this. Happened to me.

PatternDayTrader 07-19-2018 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1597631116)

Useful to those who are not on such strict timelines.

ExRedRacer 07-19-2018 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by rmorin1249 (Post 1597631117)
I know you are upset but telling you they can't meet your needs is better than saying they can and then not showing up on time. Other companies are guilty of doing this. Happened to me.

I know it sucks that they can’t meet the OP’s exact requirements, but it does speak well of the company that they are in high demand and that they were upfront with him.

LIE2ME 07-19-2018 10:06 PM

That's the problem, it was NOT that strict of a timeline. okay, yes, I am upset, but the bottom line is that Intercity and Reliable are at least 50% higher than anyone else. if I can't count on "the best", I might as well rent a $50.00 trailer from UHaul and just do it myself..

tadda 07-19-2018 10:06 PM

Not being able to meet your schedule doesn't make them any less of a company....

Texan79423 07-19-2018 10:08 PM

They gave you a truthful and honest reply. It did not suit you So you told them to go to hell? Hmmm are you a lib cry baby or what? Man up find another carrier.

PatternDayTrader 07-19-2018 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1597631167)
That's the problem, it was NOT that strict of a timeline. okay, yes, I am upset, but the bottom line is that Intercity and Reliable are at least 50% higher than anyone else. if I can't count on "the best", I might as well rent a $50.00 trailer from UHaul and just do it myself..

Sounds pretty strict to me. New property owner on the ninth sounds pretty important.

LIE2ME 07-19-2018 10:21 PM

And all I am saying is intercity, with their "hundreds of trucks", "all over the US" did nothing for me. Too bad that if my pick up, scheduled well in advance, is not convenient for the second largest carrier in the US, then maybe there is room for someone else to come up and knock them off their pedestal. so, I guess I will rent a $50.00 UHaul and save $1,500.00....

Kevin A Jones 07-19-2018 10:23 PM

How did they let you down? They were honest in letting you know exactly what they couldn't do.
And where did Intercity ever claim they could do anything? They don't have hundreds of trucks all over the US.
Car transporters can't just pick-up and deliver on demand like a taxi service, not how the business works.

Rather than trying to discredit Intercity for no good reason, why don't you have the previous owner take the car to a
temporary location (storage facility, neighbor or something) until a hauler can pick it up?

sTz 07-19-2018 10:27 PM

They declined your business because they couldn’t meet your demands. Unfortunate, but these things happen. Move on to the next transportation company... or get that $50 UHaul.

PatternDayTrader 07-19-2018 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1597631251)
And all I am saying is intercity, with their "hundreds of trucks", "all over the US" did nothing for me. Too bad that if my pick up, scheduled well in advance, is not convenient for the second largest carrier in the US, then maybe there is room for someone else to come up and knock them off their pedestal. so, I guess I will rent a $50.00 UHaul and save $1,500.00....

Nice … that's what I would do anyway.

snomuncher 07-19-2018 10:45 PM

Intercity

I sounds like Intercity was being up-front with you, just as they were up-front with me on a quote for a recent move. Reliable said the same thing, too, that it is a busy time of year and because of that cold not provide specific pickup or delivery dates, just that moves were being predicted as several weeks out. Even under that condition, from the time I placed my order to the time I took delivery was a reasonable total of 18 days, moving a car halfway across the country.

oregonsharkman 07-19-2018 10:51 PM

Let you down? Letting you down would be promising the pick up date, and then not picking it up and/or delivering it late or in damaged condition.

What they did was to spare you a let down.

John Ulrich 07-19-2018 11:11 PM

Just drive it home!

gowenfast 07-19-2018 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1597631046)
For years I have heard over and over on this website how "wonderful" Intercity Auto Transport is. So, I finally decided to try them. So I sent Intercity an e-mail and told him that I had a car that I had just purchased that had to be picked up between the 2nd and the 8th of August. Those dates were critical, as the man who sold me the car had also sold his house and was going to closing shortly thereafter. In short, both he AND the car I had just purchased from him had to vacate by the dates specified. Well, Intercity wrote me back and basically said, "sorry", but this is our busy time and we cannot guarantee pick-up during that time frame. I'm thinking, but wait, you guys say you are the best. You claim you can do anything. Here I am trying to schedule several weeks out and you are telling me to "go to hell"?

Apparently, that is exactly what Intercity is doing....

I will never call them again...

Would you rather have them lie to you, and say they'll pick it up and not? I'd say they cut you a break by being honest.

gowenfast 07-19-2018 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1597631251)

It's obviously all about you

Skid Row Joe 07-19-2018 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1597631116)

For the hundredth time on C7, will you guys start using UShip.com, and tell the Intercity and Ply Cars of the Country to go pound sand? I swear you guys have not learned your lessons yet. The seals around here clap moronically with emotional madness, just because some stupid a** truck brought you your car, when you're paying nearly double for what the transportation should have cost you.