CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Music sounds bad 😣 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4167193-music-sounds-bad.html)

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 05:14 PM

Music sounds bad 😣

I bought the least exspensive 2019 C7 Corvette Stingray. The one with the most basic bose sound system. Theres only 3 settings to change on the equalizer. Mid, treble and bass. Nothing else but moving sound forward or back or left or right of center. No preset equalizer settings like most cars have. Bottomline the sound is horrible. I cant find anyone on these forums who has the most basic sound system like i have. If anyone does, has anyone found the best settings to make the music sound good? Help me get better sound out this basic sound system.

DWillys 07-21-2018 05:19 PM

I have the same sound system. I'm planning on fixing it but it won't be cheap.

rsvette12 07-21-2018 06:31 PM

Anyway to make it sound good - Ah Nope - will need to throw some money at it thats for sure - dont get me started lol

c54u 07-21-2018 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by PrinceJamesI (Post 1597641389)
I bought the least exspensive 2019 C7 Corvette Stingray. The one with the most basic bose sound system. Theres only 3 settings to change on the equalizer. Mid, treble and bass. Nothing else but moving sound forward or back or left or right of center. No preset equalizer settings like most cars have. Bottomline the sound is horrible. I cant find anyone on these forums who has the most basic sound system like i have. If anyone does, has anyone found the best settings to make the music sound good? Help me get better sound out this basic sound system.

You can make your own preset equalizer settings by using the tone controls and save them to a favorite button...go into tone controls and move them to where you want, now bring up the favorite buttons from the bottom of the tone screen, press and hold the favorite button you want to save the tone settings to....done. Now you can go into radio setting and under manage favorites, you can rename the favorite buttons from tone 1, tone 2 to whatever you want.

:cheers:

65fastback 07-21-2018 06:54 PM

I have the same car and base stereo as you...

EVERYONE hears things differently...and will describe "sound" differently Please tell us what your car you had where the audio system sounded good to you??

Kevin A Jones 07-21-2018 07:07 PM

If it makes you feel any better the upgraded Bose (2LT-3LT, 10 speaker) is not much better.

65fastback 07-21-2018 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones (Post 1597641876)
If it makes you feel any better the upgraded Bose (2LT-3LT, 10 speaker) is not much better.

I really dislike these audio threads because there will always be a guy saying something sounds like crap and another guy say the same thing sounds great. ALWAYS!!!!!
Its like what color car should i get or what are the best wheels.... sheesh

The truth is....these bose systems are better than average but our car is a horrible listening environment.
I ve been a musician and recording engineer for way longer than id like to admit and i am very picky about audio in the cars i drive. This bose system lacks the low end but its not bad for door speakers... all in all it has very good imaging and good mid and high end. You need a good sound source.

Kevin A Jones 07-21-2018 07:37 PM

^ Having said the above, the C7 sound system doesn't bother me as I didn't purchase my GS to listen to music. The C7 excels in many areas resulting in making it one of the finest sportscars in the world, sound systems just isn't one of them.

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by DWillys (Post 1597641408)
I have the same sound system. I'm planning on fixing it but it won't be cheap.

Thanks for the comment.

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by rsvette12 (Post 1597641723)
Anyway to make it sound good - Ah Nope - will need to throw some money at it thats for sure - dont get me started lol

Thanks for the headsup

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by c54u (Post 1597641791)
You can make your own preset equalizer settings by using the tone controls and save them to a favorite button...go into tone controls and move them to where you want, now bring up the favorite buttons from the bottom of the tone screen, press and hold the favorite button you want to save the tone settings to....done. Now you can go into radio setting and under manage favorites, you can rename the favorite buttons from tone 1, tone 2 to whatever you want.

Thanks for the info, i will try to do that.

Deweyox 07-21-2018 07:50 PM

agreed, not bad but not as good as I'd like. Of course I'm half deaf from cranking every speaker, head phone and car stereo...

65fastback 07-21-2018 08:00 PM

Ill try again....WHAT car have you had that the factory stereo sounded good to you? Trying to get a point of reference to help.

rsvette12 07-21-2018 08:05 PM

Great comments all - drummer for 35 years and guitar for 10 years I know a little something about music and the louder the better for me - hearing is still fine guess I am lucky

I was thinking for a quick fix you can tap into current system and add a powered sub or a sub box with a separate amp - turn down the lows in Bose unit and use your bass amp with a controller - that might be livable for the time being eventually I will replace everything, I have a pro who does nice work and will be doing both scenarios for me, I have a head unit and the rest has to be purchased at some point - just hoping I have the room to install a din head unit

This is my last vette after 10 of them so not worried about the next guy because this ones going to be around a long time - C8 would be nice but car payments not on my to do list anymore :)

There are some threads on how to tap in a sub box in the CF stereo section - not a lot of stuff but enough to be dangerous

My last C6 had a $5,000 system in it thats how serious I am about my music hence my attitude on Bose may be great for some just not up to my quality standards

jimmbbo 07-21-2018 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by c54u (Post 1597641791)

:iagree:
Programming the favorites provides improved sound

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones (Post 1597642007)
^ Having said the above, the C7 sound system doesn't bother me as I didn't purchase my GS to listen to music. The C7 excels in many areas resulting in making it one of the finest sportscars in the world, sound systems just isn't one of them.

True.

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by rsvette12 (Post 1597642121)
Great comments all - drummer for 35 years and guitar for 10 years I know a little something about music and the louder the better for me - hearing is still fine guess I am lucky

I was thinking for a quick fix you can tap into current system and add a powered sub or a sub box with a separate amp - turn down the lows in Bose unit and use your bass amp with a controller - that might be livable for the time being eventually I will replace everything, I have a pro who does nice work and will be doing both scenarios for me, I have a head unit and the rest has to be purchased at some point - just hoping I have the room to install a din head unit

This is my last vette after 10 of them so not worried about the next guy because this ones going to be around a long time - C8 would be nice but car payments not on my to do list anymore :)

There are some threads on how to tap in a sub box in the CF stereo section - not a lot of stuff but enough to be dangerous

Thanks for the comment. Great info.

rsvette12 07-21-2018 08:12 PM

Welcome Buddy :) some may think I am nuts - you know what I am lol - I wont be spending that kind of money this time thats for sure but something has to be done asap

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 08:15 PM

Thats crazy. I thought those ones would sound good for everyone.

PrinceJamesI 07-21-2018 08:21 PM

Thanks for everyones comments. Much appreciated. 🙏 👍