CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Too much car for me? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4167292-too-much-car-for-me.html)

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 10:35 PM

Too much car for me?

I’m a female and two different times I’ve been told that a grand sport is “too much car” for me. Someone please explain....
am I going to regret it?
I know I’m probably out numbered being a female on this forum, but I want a honest answer.

Steve_R 07-21-2018 10:37 PM

People actually say that? If so, they’re idiots you should ignore.

4thC4at60 07-21-2018 10:41 PM

Those people are not your friends..... there IS a learning curve for any high performance car, just take your time, learn your car, you'll be fine.

oemtech 07-21-2018 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by jenfioreally (Post 1597642913)
I’m a female and two different times I’ve been told that a grand sport is “too much car” for me. Someone please explain....
am I going to regret it?
I know I’m probably out numbered being a female on this forum, but I want a honest answer.

It's only to much if you drive pass your abilities.

I am 76 have an 08 LS3 3LT and have no need for a GS or Z06.. My 08 has all the zip I need... does 12.4 in the quarter and corners great after I updated to Z51 sway bars and Z06 shocks. Just finished a 11 day 2,400 mile trip and averaged 26.5 mpg.

Go for it!

Maxie2U 07-21-2018 10:42 PM

Given the added width of the car and wider tires and given it has the Stingray 450hp engine it’s the perfect car. So no, it’s not too much car.

Seldoon 07-21-2018 10:51 PM

I wonder, do the people who say the Grand Sport is too much car for you have something as good or better?! Sounds like they are jealous.

I wonder if they mean horsepower wise as the Grand Sport horse power is not really too much. Just a little better than average. Nothing like the Dodge Demon which makes over 800 horsepower.

Just tell those people to get lost. Probably just jealous guys!!

LT4CMG 07-21-2018 10:53 PM

Do you have a terrible driving record? Wrapped previous cars around trees and telephone poles? If they know something we don't, then maybe they have a point. If not, they're jealous losers, ignore them and enjoy your car

budgreen3564 07-21-2018 10:56 PM

If you’ve never driven high horsepower cars, just take it easy at first and work your way up. There are many men that got too much car for them, because they were not accustom to fast cars and scared themselves, selling the car early with low miles.
Restraint

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 11:01 PM

It’s not my first corvette, so I feel like it’s a very unfair judgement. I had a 2005 for almost 5 yrs and then a Z51 for almost a yr and the grand sport is on order and should arrive soon. When I drove away from the dealership in the Z51 it was in tour mode and I HATED how “loose” it drove because I was not accustomed to that with my 2005. I realized I liked it in either track or sport mode and never put it in tour mode after that.
I guess time will tell because I’ll have it soon...🤷🏼*♀️

patentcad 07-21-2018 11:02 PM

It's too much car for anybody who isn't a professional race car driver. You can say that about a bunch of sports cars (most far pricier than a Corvette).

Did that ever stop anybody? No.

Relax.

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by ls3zob (Post 1597643008)
Do you have a terrible driving record? Wrapped previous cars around trees and telephone poles? If they know something we don't, then maybe they have a point. If not, they're jealous losers, ignore them and enjoy your car

Nope...I like speed but I also respect it!

LT4CMG 07-21-2018 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by jenfioreally (Post 1597643054)

Nope...I like speed but I also respect it!

There's your answer my friend, enjoy your new car and post some pics when you get it

2016C7.paul 07-21-2018 11:06 PM

am I going to regret it?

The only thought I have after reading your OP is "Are you single, and if so, do you like Chinese food?"

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Seldoon (Post 1597642991)
I wonder, do the people who say the Grand Sport is too much car for you have something as good or better?! Sounds like they are jealous.

I wonder if they mean horsepower wise as the Grand Sport horse power is not really too much. Just a little better than average. Nothing like the Dodge Demon which makes over 800 horsepower.

I honestly don’t know what they meant by it...maybe I can’t handle it🤷🏼*♀️

Originally Posted by 2016C7.paul (Post 1597643064)

The only thought I have after reading your OP is "Are you single, and if so, do you like Chinese food?"

lol I’m not single, but I do love some Chinese food!

Originally Posted by ls3zob (Post 1597643061)
There's your answer my friend, enjoy your new car and post some pics when you get it

Thank you!
I cant wait to be able to share my pics!!!

Kevin A Jones 07-21-2018 11:09 PM

No, not to much for anyone (man or woman) who can responsibly drive a 460Hp sportscar.
If worried, highly discounted ($1,000 tuition) Ron Fellows High Performance driving School certificates come with purchase of all C7s.

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 1597643049)
It's too much car for anybody who isn't a professional race car driver. You can say that about a bunch of sports cars (most far pricier than a Corvette).

Did that ever stop anybody? No.

Relax.

That is exactly how I feel...If I feel it’s too much then I’ll practice til perfect, or close. 👌🏼

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones (Post 1597643083)
No, not to much for anyone (man or woman) who can responsibly drive a 460Hp sportscar.
If worried, highly discounted ($1,000 tuition) Ron Fellows High Performance driving School certificates come with purchase of all C7s.

They actually suggested that. So do you know what you actually learn?
I’m actually interested in this lift foot algorithm and would love to talk to someone that can show me and explain it in laymen’s terms.

Kevin A Jones 07-21-2018 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Seldoon (Post 1597642991)

I believe GS's 460hp is far from being 'just a little better than average'

jenfioreally 07-21-2018 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones (Post 1597643104)
I believe GS's 460hp is far from being 'just a little better than average'

lol I don’t consider myself “average” so why would I have a car that is 😂😂😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1597642925)
People actually say that? If so, they’re idiots you should ignore.

Took erything I had not so say something 🙄

Originally Posted by 4thC4at60 (Post 1597642945)
Those people are not your friends..... there IS a learning curve for any high performance car, just take your time, learn your car, you'll be fine.

I couldn’t agree more...👌🏼👍🏼

Internets_Ninja 07-21-2018 11:36 PM

am I going to regret it?

It seems like you are implying that you being a female is the reason they are saying this to you?

What kind of cars have you owned and have experience driving? Maybe that is what they based that statement on rather than being sexist? Maybe not? This is all hypothetical and I’m curious, not defending anyone.

Anyhow though, regardless male or female, sex plays no role in the ability to handle a Grandsport. It’s a matter of respecting the car and getting experience driving it on the track to know how it really handles.

Who cares what anyone says says you can’t do. If you want one and have the means, buy one and enjoy it. Make sure to drive past the haters and wave.