CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   No sense in staying. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4169513-no-sense-in-staying.html)

calguy 07-27-2018 01:17 PM

No sense in staying.

I have decided to leave the Corvette forum for good.
Some will be happy with that decision, and that is fine with me.
I WILL NOT be silenced if I have something to say.
I WILL NOT be forced to post that I like a product, when it is clear that I don't.
You folks can put up with these communistic policies, but I don't have too.
I have a strong character which does not allow me to lower my standards.

This is not the only forum in the world, and I belong to many others that respect what I have to say, and offer.
You need not reply to this posting, because I will not be here to respond.

Bob.

'Shifter 07-27-2018 01:39 PM

Toodles.

Elba Mike 07-27-2018 01:48 PM

Who are you again?

glbeauchamp 07-27-2018 02:11 PM

Took his ball and went home it looks like.

zeevette 07-27-2018 02:23 PM

What a douche.

Oldandslow 07-27-2018 03:17 PM

Good riddance.

Aerovette 07-27-2018 03:20 PM

The ghost of calguy future.

rrwirsi 07-27-2018 03:22 PM

I am totally clueless on what he is ranting about. It would have been more appropriate for him to explain his issue and to ask the members about the issue to get their feedback BEFORE acting as he did. I am speculating but he probably acted spontaneously in writing to the problem. Early in my life I learned a good lesson and then decided to clearly write down my grievances (no matter how bazaar) and then sleep on it. It save my a** many times.

Aerovette 07-27-2018 03:28 PM

Leaving and not posting further doesn't sound like a way to "NOT be silenced". It seems like that is the ultimate silence.

Oh well. We still have Kok0, who CAN'T be silenced.

The_Dude 07-27-2018 03:48 PM

If you're going to leave, just leave. By posting, you just look like an attention whore.

Merlin02 07-27-2018 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by rrwirsi (Post 1597680030)
I am totally clueless on what he is ranting about. It would have been more appropriate for him to explain his issue and to ask the members about the issue to get their feedback BEFORE acting as he did. I am speculating but he probably acted spontaneously in writing to the problem. Early in my life I learned a good lesson and then decided to clearly write down my grievances (no matter how bazaar) and then sleep on it. It save my a** many times.

He's been making a lot of posts lately about traffic congestion and how new road construction isn't keeping pace with the increase in traffic. He proposed that all vehicles should have a day of the week etched on their windows and that vehicle can only be driven on that particular day of the week.....his plan is to have all vehicles in a household to have the same week day etched on the window. He got a lot of flack from other members and he apparently got his thong in a wad and left.

dvarapala 07-27-2018 03:52 PM

I love Drama Queen Exits. :yesnod:

Aerovette 07-27-2018 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin02 (Post 1597680184)
He's been making a lot of posts lately about traffic congestion and how new road construction isn't keeping pace with the increase in traffic. He proposed that all vehicles should have a day of the week etched on their windows and that vehicle can only be driven on that particular day of the week.....his plan is to have all vehicles in a household to have the same week day etched on the window. He got a lot of flack from other members and he apparently got his thong in a wad and left.

Could not accept that his idea was ridiculously stupid? Why announce in C5? Was it only C5s that had traffic issues that needed to be resolved? :rofl:

Forcedvert 07-27-2018 04:01 PM

From a guy who calculates his gas mileage by looking at his broken gas gauge and then tried to convince everybody Chevron fuel gave him horrible gas mileage.:lol:

I think I will miss him

Rover01 07-27-2018 04:02 PM

Stupid ideas are welcome, are they not? This is one of the best stupid ideas places around. :cheers:

savewave 07-27-2018 04:03 PM

When each of us registered on the site, we agreed to abide by the rules. One of the rules prohibits hijacking a sales thread whether it's posted by a vendor or another site user.

If you don't like something that's being offered for sale, just move on. If you feel compelled to share your opinions on the product, start your own thread. Don't co-opt the seller's thread. And don't post your criticism of site moderation if the moderators privately request that you follow the rules, even when you have decided you don't like the rules.

While I'm a big fan of the First Amendment, it does not trump the property rights of the site's owners to set and enforce rules on their site. Corvetteforum is not a public utility. :seeya