CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Exhaust System recommendations (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4173251-exhaust-system-recommendations.html)

BigCurt 08-06-2018 12:36 PM

Exhaust System recommendations

The system on my 95 vette that I recently purchased is way to loud. Sounds nice when you start it but I am wearing earplugs on the highway because it's so loud. It seems like most consider this noise droning as I've been investigating. Looking for a system that has an aggressive sound but won't cause inner ear damage either for under 1k if possible. Dont enjoy driving auto after about 30 minutes...

billschroeder5842 08-06-2018 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BigCurt23 (Post 1597739456)
Looking for a system that has an aggressive sound but won't cause inner ear damage either for under 1k if possible..

For under a grand you will be able to find a decent set of mufflers and have them installed. You did not mention what you are current running, so a guess.

If you want quiet, get a factory system. If you want, no drone but with a bit of a growl, look into Corsa.

Factory systems are available for a couple hundred dollars but Corsa is going to flirt with your budget max.

Cool Runnings 08-06-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842 (Post 1597741399)
For under a grand you will be able to find a decent set of mufflers and have them installed. You did not mention what you are current running, so a guess.

If you want quiet, get a factory system. If you want, no drone but with a bit of a growl, look into Corsa.

Factory systems are available for a couple hundred dollars but Corsa is going to flirt with your budget max.

Factory for the LT1 is nice. Flows good and doesn't sound like a fart can system.

LT1underdog 08-10-2018 09:04 AM

Exhaust

The system on my 95 vette that I recently purchased is way to loud. Sounds nice when you start it but I am wearing earplugs on the highway because it's so loud. It seems like most consider this noise droning as I've been investigating. Looking for a system that has an aggressive sound but won't cause inner ear damage either for under 1k if possible. Dont enjoy driving auto after about 30 minutes...

if your interested in selling your current exhaust I’m looking to buy a obnoxiously loud one lol let me know 209-470-9270

cv67 08-10-2018 11:21 AM

Put a dynomax or walker super turbo muffler on, bigger the case the better that will quiet it down a lot. Noise doesnt equal power.
Cars that are stock and overly loud are annoying.

cdm747 08-10-2018 01:21 PM

Not sure where you are located but if you don't have emissions testing I would take it to a local muffler shop and have a whole new system put on. I got full dual with an X-pipe on my 88 with Walker quiet flow mufflers for a little over $800. All welded from exhaust manifolds back. Sounds nice IMO. No cats.

DGXR 08-10-2018 05:22 PM

I got brand new factory LT1 mufflers installed for $300 out the door. Love the low rumble of the stock system. Runs awesome and plenty of power.

ElisTwoCents 08-10-2018 07:44 PM

what system did you buy?

RetroGuy 08-11-2018 11:05 AM

Check out Corvette Central if you want a stock exhaust as close to the original as possible. Here's one example:
https://www.corvettecentral.com/c4-8...2f%3fcount%3d9