CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Picking up a used ZR1 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4174682-picking-up-a-used-zr1.html)

Kinsale 08-09-2018 09:52 PM

Picking up a used ZR1

Picking up a used 2019 ZR1 next Friday, Black, 3ZR, ZTK. Vehicle is pristine, yet being professionally detailed by the seller. Seller wanted to get rid of it and has bent over backwards to make sure that it is perfect prior to acceptance. I don't think I have ever dealt with a seller so gracious and more than willing to make things right. In fact, we have become good friends and attending a car gala held in Dallas tomorrow night. Can't wait to drive it home.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0b788c2975.jpg

Vernon 08-09-2018 10:35 PM

Very nice to hear about your sale arrangement.
I bet black looks fantastic!
Congratulations!

BearZ06 08-09-2018 10:36 PM

Congrats! You'll love it.

rob62 08-10-2018 08:10 AM

The black goes very well with the silvery tail lites. GOOD LUCK.

iw172 08-10-2018 09:21 AM

finally the right color, a real beauty :thumbs:

DebRedZR1 08-10-2018 09:32 AM

Another one? Didn't your just pick one up from a dealer last week?
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...purchased.html

Vernon 08-10-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 (Post 1597765175)
Another one? Didn't your just pick one up from a dealer last week?
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...purchased.html

Well, Sir, you have fine taste in cars...a low wing and a high wing for your garage.
Congrats!!!

ps... if one is a manual and you decide to sell, I’m a Canadian who lost out on an allocation and would consider buying pristine used...

Enjoy the Black Beauties!

Kinsale 08-10-2018 11:56 AM

Yes and NO

Originally Posted by Vernon (Post 1597765975)

Well, Sir, you have fine taste in cars...a low wing and a high wing for your garage.
Congrats!!!

ps... if one is a manual and you decide to sell, I’m a Canadian who lost out on an allocation and would consider buying pristine used...

Enjoy the Black Beauties!

Yes to #2, No to manual. Once I have it absolutely like new, although it is pristine now, but not to my standards, I will put it on the market for sale. The low wing is a great car and the other day at the ATM, a guy in a Mustang blocked me in until I recognized his thumbs up. I will admit it is a looker. The guy who did the PPF Wednesday said "Black is not a color, but a love affair". How true.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9abc21f27b.jpg

MerakiAutoworks 08-10-2018 01:43 PM

Congrats!

-Josh

kutlow 08-10-2018 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks (Post 1597766999)
Congrats!

-Josh

Let me guess..Is this Doctorv8's car that is for sale on this site?

Kinsale 08-11-2018 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by kutlow (Post 1597769036)
Let me guess..Is this Doctorv8's car that is for sale on this site?

Answer: No.

musclecar6 08-12-2018 11:13 AM

Love the silver wheels with the black car.

Kinsale 08-14-2018 08:18 AM

Pickup now Thursday

The seller called asking if we could pick up the ZR1 a day earlier due to his having more intense surgery than scheduled Wednesday. The reason the seller is selling his ZR1 is the possibility of losing his right foot due to an infection. He took possession in May and paid a hefty premium to get the first car in Texas. I would think that when the doctor says you will be down for 5 months that things are serious.

Xanthophyll 08-14-2018 01:10 PM

Wow. That picture from the back is unreal. I can imagine the conversations in cars that will sit behind you in traffic. Congrats on your purchase.

DSOMDream 08-14-2018 07:47 PM

Kinsale get off this forum. Now!!! You are driving me nuts with envy LOL Paul

Kinsale 08-15-2018 08:02 AM

Your absolutely right.

Originally Posted by DSOMDream (Post 1597792721)
Kinsale get off this forum. Now!!! You are driving me nuts with envy LOL Paul

You are correct and as my wife tells me, I spend way to much time on the forum. I know your joking, but a story: I used to envy other guys that got the jobs I wanted and I was always a year behind or not in the right place at the right time. One of the guys was a student of mine and went on to become Chief Pilot of a major airline, I envied him. Later his daughter was in an accident and became a quadriplegic. Another guy, a classmate was right place right time. He became a Captain early, I envied him. John was the Captain of the first airplane to hit during 9/11. I no longer envy anyone. The guy I am picking up the used ZR1 from is in surgery again today and signed over to his attorney's, POA. Our deal is all done, but he picked up the car in May and had to sell it in August. His girl friend does his texting now and scheduled for another surgery Friday. I admit, I am very fortunate. The last thing I want to do is give the impression of flaunting or showing off. My intent is to display, educate, show how to do something another way and maybe save someone some money, but your right I should get off this forum. Your right.

Kinsale 08-16-2018 08:52 AM

Going to pick up the ZR1 today

As soon as I get confirmation they received the funds for purchase we are hitting the road to go and pick up the ZR1. By the time we get there it is suppose to be completely detailed, we'll see. Will be glad when today is over.

Vernon 08-16-2018 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kinsale (Post 1597801683)
As soon as I get confirmation they received the funds for purchase we are hitting the road to go and pick up the ZR1. By the time we get there it is suppose to be completely detailed, we'll see. Will be glad when today is over.

I wish a full recovery to the individual undergoing surgery.

z edge 08-16-2018 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kinsale (Post 1597794727)
You are correct and as my wife tells me, I spend way to much time on the forum. I know your joking, but a story: I used to envy other guys that got the jobs I wanted and I was always a year behind or not in the right place at the right time. One of the guys was a student of mine and went on to become Chief Pilot of a major airline, I envied him. Later his daughter was in an accident and became a quadriplegic. Another guy, a classmate was right place right time. He became a Captain early, I envied him. John was the Captain of the first airplane to hit during 9/11. I no longer envy anyone. The guy I am picking up the used ZR1 from is in surgery again today and signed over to his attorney's, POA. Our deal is all done, but he picked up the car in May and had to sell it in August. His girl friend does his texting now and scheduled for another surgery Friday. I admit, I am very fortunate. The last thing I want to do is give the impression of flaunting or showing off. My intent is to display, educate, show how to do something another way and maybe save someone some money, but your right I should get off this forum. Your right.

Car looks great, I hope you never envy me !

musclecar6 08-16-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kinsale (Post 1597794727)

Since we’ve slightly digressed talking airplanes, you’ll enjoy this story. I interviewed with Eastern Airlines for a pilot job in 1972. I was a high time civilian pilot with all the squares filled for the time ( 3500 hrs, 2000 multi with 600 of that turbine time) ATP, FE written, BA degree, 26 yrs old) with my military obligation covered with 3 1/2 years active enlisted duty in the Air Force ( got an 5 month early out in 1969). So for a civilian I was highly qualified, but fortunately “ Colonel Frank Borman” the ex astronaut was VP of flight ops and dictated they really only interested in military pilot with fighter or 8 engine jet time. Ya know right stuff just like him. The chief pilot told me if it were up to him, he would have hired me if he was still in charge of hiring like he was in 1970, but his hands were tied as the “Colonel” was now in charge. He had obvious disdain for Borman who went around wanting to be addressed by his military title.

Well as luck would have it, the best thing that ever happened to me in my aviation career, was not getting hired by Eastern. A month later I got a job in sales with Procter & Gamble( after an extensive interview process as they were known as the Marine Corp of sales) and 6 months after that was hired as a corporate pilot for Allied Chemical, another major corporation like P&G. Then lo & behold, 6 months after that I got hired by the largest international cargo airline with bi lateral routes to the Pacific flying a stretch DC-8 all around the world. Years later we merged with the largest overnite package delivery airline in the world that is a household name and eventually retired number 100 on a 4600 pilot seniority list.

Of course, since you’re familiar with the airline world, you likely already know where this post is going. The guys who got hired back in 1972 with Eastern when I would have been hired, years later were the first and second officers when I was flying captain on 727, DC-8, Airbus etc. , as Eastern went out of business in 1991 and all those guys had to start over at the bottom of some seniority list if they wanted to keep flying for the airlines. So I like you are not envious of others good fortune, just happy and grateful for things that go my way. Enjoy those ZR1’s, those of us running around in under powered Z06’s, can’t get out of their own way Stingrays, and woefully lesser powered older vettes are cheering you on. Have fun.