CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2018 Corvettes at Carlisle (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4175449-2018-corvettes-at-carlisle.html)

kronix 08-11-2018 09:47 PM

2018 Corvettes at Carlisle

The largest Corvette event in the world is 2 weeks away in Carlisle, PA. So who痴 going, what are your plans, what events are you doing, etc...Who knows, maybe we値l bump into each other.

Schedule of Events

I知 doing the Corvette American Flag & also the parade on Saturday, maybe get an exhaust system installed on the GS.

Corvette Flag

bruno06 08-11-2018 10:07 PM

Going on Thursday.. Staying in Harrisburg. Great restaurant called Rock Bass inn. Great seafood and steaks.

Friday is the all day shopping spree. Looking forward to meeting Jersey from Apsis USA, the folks at RPI and others.

capevettes 08-12-2018 07:14 AM

I've been going every year since 1985. My favorite 3 days of the summer. We stay at the same motel in Carlisle every year. No special plans other than catching up with friends and enjoying the Vettes and vendors. The Cars for sale Coral is always interesting. I've done the parade a couple of times. It's fun if you've never done it but it's kind of an organized traffic jam. It's pretty cool that the residents of Carlisle line the parade route and cheer for the Corvettes. Nice party in the downtown area where the parade ends. I have a 1,000 round trip drive which I enjoy. Driving down in the C6 or C7 Z. Looking forward to it :thumbs:

rob62 08-12-2018 09:37 AM

Staying at the Raddison Camp hill with an entertaining bunch. Have to try that Rock Bass inn.

kronix 08-12-2018 12:48 PM

I’m looking forward to the shopping spree also Bruno06, I love buying my mistresses presents & the wife doesn’t even get jealous! ;)

For those that haven’t gone, it’s really something to see a whole town taken over by a model of a car. Nothing but Vettes from Friday to Sunday, 50,000+ of them! There’s has to be more people going from the forum, where are you guys?

corvette marvin 08-12-2018 03:24 PM

Driving from NY, I have been going since 2005. Arriving thursday and leaving sunday. Have made many friends

GrandSportRob 08-12-2018 04:02 PM

I知 going Friday & Saturday. No events planned just trying to see as many vendors and cars as possible.

Raffman55 08-12-2018 07:27 PM

Going Fri, thinking of doing the autocross but I said that last year and didn't do it.

slow_zo6 08-12-2018 11:15 PM

I値l be there Saturday as long as it doesn稚 rain.

gn85 08-13-2018 12:01 AM

This is not my first time to Carlisle, but my first time to Corvettes at Carlisle. I'm only going to be there on Saturday. Not sure what to expect yet. Haven't decided if I should register for the show or just park and wander around. Bringing the Corvette, either way.

Richard G. 08-13-2018 08:37 AM

Going on Thursday

Originally Posted by kronix (Post 1597774900)
The largest Corvette event in the world is 2 weeks away in Carlisle, PA. So who痴 going, what are your plans, what events are you doing, etc...Who knows, maybe we値l bump into each other.

Schedule of Events

I知 doing the Corvette American Flag & also the parade on Saturday, maybe get an exhaust system installed on the GS.

Corvette Flag

I have gone for several years now. Stay at the same place in Carlisle.
Just pure smiling fun. Enjoy seminars and talking to all.
All need to go at least one time !

pokerpro 08-13-2018 08:46 AM

This is just out of pure curiosity, are there vendors there like Corvette mods, Maryland speed, and numerous others who basically screwed they're entire customer base? They've been banned from the forum for a reason do you think they have the balls to set up a tent their?

capevettes 08-13-2018 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by pokerpro (Post 1597781633)
This is just out of pure curiosity, are there vendors there like Corvette mods, Maryland speed, and numerous others who basically screwed they're entire customer base? They've been banned from the forum for a reason do you think they have the balls to set up a tent their?

Maryland Speed and Corvette Mods are not listed among the Vendors that will be attending. I don't recall ever seeing them there. Some of the more reputable vendors that we are familiar with are there..

GMJim 08-13-2018 09:41 PM

I've been going for years. Staying in Carlisle. Looking for excuses to spend money but disappointed that over the years the vendors don't bring much with them anymore. Also most of them have only current model C7 stuff. Don't wanna park on the hill but I'm not a morning person. We should have some sort of ID for the dash or windshield to show we're forum members with our user name on it. Be nice to say hello in person!

Birddog51 08-17-2018 07:44 PM

I’ll be checking in the motel in Carlisle Wednesday afternoon. Been going since 1989. Leaving to visit friends on Saturday. Will be at the Eastern Shore Corvette Club tent so stop by.

kronix 08-17-2018 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by GMJim (Post 1597786537)
I've been going for years. Staying in Carlisle. Looking for excuses to spend money but disappointed that over the years the vendors don't bring much with them anymore. Also most of them have only current model C7 stuff. Don't wanna park on the hill but I'm not a morning person. We should have some sort of ID for the dash or windshield to show we're forum members with our user name on it. Be nice to say hello in person!

It would be cool if there was a Corvette Forums Coral or designated section that we could have!

1 more week!

seansr917 08-20-2018 01:34 PM

Anyone going from the cincinnati ohio area?

PRNDL 08-20-2018 02:43 PM

I will also be in the flag display, with my Supersonic Blue 2012. I was in the blue part of the flag in 2015 with my 68 - sold last year. Should be a lot of 68s around this year because it is the 50th anniversary of that model year.

Staying in Chambersburg PA so we are having dinner at the Copper Kettle Friday night.

My 68 convertible (top down), with me and my wife at the front, 3rd row from the top, first car on the left. :)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1c7324242c.jpg