CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   ME Zora Debut Soon........ (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4176047-me-zora-debut-soon.html)

skank 08-13-2018 04:26 PM

ME Zora Debut Soon........

Since Chevrolet has now displayed the early mid engine Corvette Cerv's from the sixty's, seventy's, and eighties at the Detroit Grand Prix and now the Concour D'Elegance of America in Michigan it makes total sense to continue down that path. The Monterey Classic Car week with it's crown jewel show "Pebble Beach Concour D'Elegance" would garner more captured potential buyers than any single car show in America or Europe. The entire Classic car week has more mid engine sports car manufacturers displaying their latest than any event anywhere in the entire world. There are at least five venues during the week where the Corvette Zora could be displayed to thousands of potential buyers. No other world Exotic Car event comes remotely close to this. The Quail, Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca, and the Concept Car Display at the Pebble Beach Concour are the top three venues to focus on initially. There are three other events that could also work. We have to remember that this is a huge event for all other Sports Car companies as well. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Konnigsegg, Bugatti, McLaren, Porsche, Aston Martin, Audi, Mercedes Benz AMG, BMW, Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce all have Salons set up and some even have huge multi-million dollar temporary buildings set up to capture the buyer. It is HUGE ! All eyes would be on GM and the Corvette team especially Porsche since the Zora could really take sales from them more than any other. All manufacturers have ride and drive programs to entice the buyers and the Salons with sales experts to assist in configuring their cars to the potential buyer. Since I live in nearby Carmel I will go out and monitor the Salon installations and construction of the temporary showrooms to see if GM and Corvette are setting up a display. Hopefully they will as the exposure from this weeks worth of International shows would send Corvette into the world limelight. Stay tuned !!

RapidC84B 08-13-2018 04:30 PM

Too early IMO... car will drop next year 4-6 months before it goes on sale.

skank 08-13-2018 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder (Post 1597784500)
Too early IMO... car will drop next year 4-6 months before it goes on sale.

Like I said. Stay tuned. We'll know shortly, very shortly.

Jeff V. 08-13-2018 04:39 PM

Sounds less like a likely launch date and more like wishful thinking to be included in the big boys club.

RonnieC6Z 08-13-2018 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1597784519)
Like I said. Stay tuned. We'll know shortly, very shortly.

There is not a shot in hell that the C8 ME will be introduced this month in Monterey, about 1 full year before the first deliveries. Furthermore, anyone and everyone at Monterey Concourse Week who may be interested in a ME C8 will be just as interested if the car is introduced in Detroit next January, or in Timbucktoo whenever.

skank 08-13-2018 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z (Post 1597784564)
There is not a shot in hell that the C8 ME will be introduced this month in Monterey, about 1 full year before the first deliveries. Furthermore, anyone and everyone at Monterey Concourse Week who may be interested in a ME C8 will be just as interested if the car is introduced in Detroit next January, or in Timbucktoo whenever.

Pay attention to the newsfeeds!!

RapidC84B 08-13-2018 04:55 PM

If they blow their wad too early it will make for weaker opening sales... soon you'll have the obscure video marketing teasers like they did with the C7.

skank 08-13-2018 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder (Post 1597784665)
If they blow their wad too early it will make for weaker opening sales... soon you'll have the obscure video marketing teasers like they did with the C7.

I can give you guys some hints, but you'll have to work for it.

larryfdx 08-13-2018 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1597784594)
Pay attention to the newsfeeds!!

You know something, don't you? C'mon, spill the beans!!! What's the scoop?!!!

skank 08-13-2018 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by larryfdx (Post 1597784709)
You know something, don't you? C'mon, spill the beans!!! What's the scoop?!!!

Yes I do !!

pietro c7 08-13-2018 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1597784723)
Yes I do !!

Was I marginally close with my C8 forecast Mr.Skank?
(please be gentle with your reply...)

TRT SR 08-13-2018 05:10 PM

Things are getting very hot these days for sure! Seeing the race car really gives us an idea of what is coming.....

skank 08-13-2018 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by pietro c7 (Post 1597784763)

Was I marginally close with my C8 forecast Mr.Skank?
(please be gentle with your reply...)

Pietro,
I don't think I've seen your C8 forecast to be honest. I've spent a lot of time at that new forum that specializes on the ME Zora. A lot of very smart and in tune Corvette people are joining up over there.

pietro c7 08-13-2018 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1597784812)
Pietro,
I don't think I've seen your C8 forecast to be honest. I've spent a lot of time at that new forum that specializes on the ME Zora. A lot of very smart and in tune Corvette people are joining up over there.

I see that your on a first name basis with Zora...
I want in !!!

Basically my forecasts were the opposite of yours,
we only agreed on the Brigitte Bardot picture you once posted.

skank 08-13-2018 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by pietro c7 (Post 1597784898)

I see that your on a first name basis with Zora...
I want in !!!

Basically my forecasts were the opposite of yours,
we only agreed on the Brigitte Bardot picture you once posted.

That new forum is incredible and on top of the latest.

Mjolitor 68 08-13-2018 07:39 PM

THE WEEKEND...Pebble Beach Concours & Monterey Historics is last week Aug. Chevy realeased C8R now so it’s the talk of the weekend.

ltomn 08-13-2018 07:53 PM

You doubters have no idea what's to come! Keep your eyes and ears tuned in and be amazed with the rest of us.

ChrisNC 08-13-2018 07:58 PM

I'm clicking refresh on every topic like I'm waiting for the winning lottery results at the moment. You guys are killing me with this. Keep it up!

NY09C6 08-13-2018 07:59 PM

I am honestly loosing interest. The loss of the manual trans kills it for me. And seeing the exaggerated quarter panels on the race car makes it look far too fast and furious for me. Hopefully the real car looks more natural.

ltomn 08-13-2018 08:01 PM

Nothing ever looks as good in a rendering or picture as it does in person. The real deal is on the horizon.