CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Dealer "BS" Charges... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4177965-dealer-bs-charges.html)

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:16 AM

Dealer "BS" Charges...

So, headed up to talk about ordering a Corvette from Rick Hendrick (Duluth, GA) today. I have a piece of paper they used when trying to sell me a Corvette off the lot. Noticed the usual bullchit administrative charge (in this case, a whopping $699). What bugs me, though, are two other charges. "Car Care" charge of $549 and a Maintenance charge of $299.

GAWD, do I hate going to argue with salespeople.

Anyone have any knowledge of just what the heck these two charges are???

Thanks !

JGarland 08-18-2018 08:22 AM

Red flag...

Don't shop there.

JALLEN4 08-18-2018 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Slynky (Post 1597815175)
So, headed up to talk about ordering a Corvette from Rick Hendrick (Duluth, GA) today. I have a piece of paper they used when trying to sell me a Corvette off the lot. Noticed the usual bullchit administrative charge (in this case, a whopping $699). What bugs me, though, are two other charges. "Car Care" charge of $549 and a Maintenance charge of $299.

Thanks !

Additional profit for the dealer...period! Unless they are able to show you particular goods or services that you actually want to purchase, they are simply adding charges for their benefit. Anything past a couple hundred dollar admin fee is in my opinion uncalled for and I spent 40 years as a new car dealer. I got along just fine selling people what they wanted and needed.

Range_Rat 08-18-2018 08:27 AM

Just for kicks, ask them exactly what you are buying for the line item charge that they have shown. Point it out on the car, and explain what you are missing if you decline to purchase that item.

Zjoe6 08-18-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Range_Rat (Post 1597815222)
Just for kicks, ask them exactly what you are buying for the line item charge that they have shown. Point it out on the car, and explain what you are missing if you decline to purchase that item.

Just forget about dealing with them, it's a rip off.

Go to a forum dealer. MacMulkin advertised a sale price and that's what I cut a check for end of story. No funny business.

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by JGarland (Post 1597815199)
Red flag...

Don't shop there.

I've been to 5 dealers so far and they are the only ones to discuss my offer. I'll be careful.

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by JALLEN4 (Post 1597815202)
Additional profit for the dealer...period! Unless they are able to show you particular goods or services that you actually want to purchase, they are simply adding charges for their benefit. Anything past a couple hundred dollar admin fee is in my opinion uncalled for and I spent 40 years as a new car dealer. I got along just fine selling people what they wanted and needed.

Originally Posted by Range_Rat (Post 1597815222)

Well, I'm going to ask them to remove it. I don't really care if it does anything or not...

Thanks for your reply.

BELVIN20 08-18-2018 08:38 AM

I would never buy from a dealership that has all the crazy add on charges. Go to one of the Forum dealers and get a car without all that crap. I have noticed the Hendrick dealers are one of the worst for add on extra chargers, I would never buy from those type of dealers.

JALLEN4 08-18-2018 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by BELVIN20 (Post 1597815272)
I would never buy from a dealership that has all the crazy add on charges. Go to one of the Forum dealers and get a car without all that crap. I have noticed the Hendrick dealers are one of the worst for add on extra chargers, I would never buy from those type of dealers.

You will find some forum dealers also have additional charges added.

dvilin 08-18-2018 08:41 AM

I would not bother trying to deal with them. It is obvious they are dishonest and why waste your time with a dealer who is only interested in ripping you off to line their pockets.

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Zjoe6 (Post 1597815253)
Just forget about dealing with them, it's a rip off.

Go to a forum dealer. MacMulkin advertised a sale price and that's what I cut a check for end of story. No funny business.

If I can order what I want (in Georgia) for the discount off MSRP I'm asking for, I'll do it if the BS fees aren't crazy. As I have said in other threads, I don't know the ins and outs of buying a car out of state. In order to qualify for NO ad valorem tax EVER on a vehicle, one must pay the TAVT here in Georgia to qualify. That's a major concern.

Thanks for your input.

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by JALLEN4 (Post 1597815282)
You will find some forum dealers also have additional charges added.

I'm guessing all dealers do it to a certain extent--it's just a matter of how brazen they are. sigh...

OntarioOrangeC3 08-18-2018 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Slynky (Post 1597815175)

Thanks !

The answer to your question is the title of the thread.
You knew it all along.

Corgidog1 08-18-2018 08:53 AM

The dealer knows it is bs so just ignore it in your negotiations. Take the msrp and get at least 11% off. If not order from a forum dealer and arrange a courtesy delivery to a nearby dealer- obviously not this dealer. I added a extra percent to make up for the bs charges you do the same.

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by OntarioOrangeC3 (Post 1597815315)
The answer to your question is the title of the thread.
You knew it all along.

I just wondered if anyone had an explanation of what they might be.. Like maintenance for a year (which Chevy already offers for the first year) or 3 years maintenance. I just wanted to hear their explanation AND see if it's optional. Thanks for the reply.

Slynky 08-18-2018 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Corgidog1 (Post 1597815343)
The dealer knows it is bs so just ignore it in your negotiations. Take the msg and get at least 10% off. If not order from a forum dealer and arrange a courtesy delivery to a nearby dealer- obviously not this dealer.

LOL... I'm asking for 14% of ordering a GS and 13% off ordering a Z51. We shall see... LOL

QUAKEJAKE 08-18-2018 09:11 AM

If still unsatisfied order from Macmulkin. NO Fees.

Jaykoh-Z51 08-18-2018 09:16 AM

fvck Hendrick. Scumbags. I will NEVER buy from any Hendrick dealership....ever.

Go see Reggie at Jim Ellis Chevy. Super nice guy...THE corvette guy there. I almost bought from him but, timing wasn't good for me. I ended up buying gently used from Buy-A-Vette which isn't far from Jim Ellis.

Or...like people have mentioned, use a big forum dealer. Rarely a negative experience with those guys on here.

Zap City 08-18-2018 09:21 AM

Charges like that are why Hendrick can afford to throw money away on ridiculous "charity" bids on first VIN cars at BJ and other auctions. F@ck those guys.

gilbybarr 08-18-2018 09:26 AM

Sounds like you need to keep shopping. That is bull indeed.