CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Cannot open doors (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4178607-cannot-open-doors.html)

bubber 08-19-2018 11:03 PM

Cannot open doors

Today I was trapped in my 2012 GS. The electric door opener did not work. Now I am out but cannot open the doors from the outside
How do I over ride this and open the doors or trunk?
Thanks in advance

EVRose 08-19-2018 11:16 PM

Use the key that's built into the fob. Keyhole above rear license plate opens hatch. It's all in the owner's manual.

bubber 08-19-2018 11:22 PM

Thanks
The owners manual is inside the car so I could not read it

enventr 08-19-2018 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by bubber (Post 1597825372)
Thanks

the owners manual is also on line . I have it on my phone as well as the manual in the car. Someone on this forum may have the link for your download.

Vette_DD 08-19-2018 11:39 PM

Try this.

https://my.chevrolet.com/learn/2012/Corvette

Cherokee Nation 08-19-2018 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by bubber (Post 1597825372)
Thanks

Very easy to call a dealer and ask them......:)

owc6 08-19-2018 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation (Post 1597825441)
Very easy to call a dealer and ask them......:)

On Sunday?

:lol:

duckvett 08-20-2018 12:06 AM

There is a manual door release at the bottom of the door, between the door sill and the seats.

Vette_DD 08-20-2018 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by duckvett (Post 1597825503)
There is a manual door release at the bottom of the door, between the door sill and the seats.

Which will not help any if you cannot get inside the car.

From bubber, above:

Now I am out but cannot open the doors from the outside
How do I over ride this and open the doors or trunk?
I posted a link to the owner's manual above.

Cherokee Nation 08-20-2018 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 1597825462)
On Sunday?

:lol:

Did he say it was Sunday???...I did not see it,besides car dealers are open on Sundays more sales....:conehead

owc6 08-20-2018 01:16 AM

Silly me, using logic to deduce that when someone posts on a Sunday and says "today" that they mean Sunday. :lol:

And you might want to look up blue laws for car sales on Sundays. Many states outright outlaw them still.

Dano523 08-20-2018 01:26 AM

Key to open trunk or hatch via the cylinder above the rear license plate, on the left hand side in the back, will have manual tab with cable to open both the gas door, and the drivers door.

If you don't see the tabs on the back driver side of the carpet in the back, then feel the carpet for the slots to get to the tab handles that may still be tucked under the carpet at the slots

The door release slot/tab is the one just at the back of the wheel well hub, and the gas door release lever is the one farther back towards the rear of the car at carpet slot.
https://vette-vues.com/wp-content/up...e-escape-1.jpg

https://www.corvette-web-central.com...rpulltrunk.jpg

buckmeister2 08-20-2018 04:02 PM

(I can't help myself...rudeness come naturally) You have been a member for nearly 5 years, and have 4 posts? Great effort, Sparky. Spend even an hour here a month and you will learn enough to avoid situations like the one you are in. I realize that reading the manual sucks for a lot of people. Spending just a little time on the General Discussion Forum will pay huge dividends. You will find out where your secondary gas cap release is, how to turn off your map lights when they don't want to go off, why your front tires chirp when in a tight turn, what to do if you are getting a whole bunch of messages on the DIC at one time, how to get a bug out of your headlight, how to eliminate the rattling/squeaking in your targa top, and much more.

It really is worth it, as evident by the question you are asking.

Hope to see more of you on here. Good luck.

windyC6 08-20-2018 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by buckmeister2 (Post 1597829143)
(I can't help myself...rudeness come naturally) You have been a member for nearly 5 years, and have 4 posts? Great effort, Sparky. Spend even an hour here a month and you will learn enough to avoid situations like the one you are in. I realize that reading the manual sucks for a lot of people. Spending just a little time on the General Discussion Forum will pay huge dividends. You will find out where your secondary gas cap release is, how to turn off your map lights when they don't want to go off, why your front tires chirp when in a tight turn, what to do if you are getting a whole bunch of messages on the DIC at one time, how to get a bug out of your headlight, how to eliminate the rattling/squeaking in your targa top, and much more.

It really is worth it, as evident by the question you are asking.

Hope to see more of you on here. Good luck.

Come on buck....you're starting to sound like me now....LOL......:flag:

buckmeister2 08-20-2018 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by windyC6 (Post 1597829568)
Come on buck....you're starting to sound like me now....LOL......:flag:

Ehhh...that might be a stretch, but I'm okay with it. :thumbs:

NY09C6 08-20-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Did he say it was Sunday???...I did not see it,besides car dealers are open on Sundays more sales....:conehead

Not in the south. Sunday is holy day. Many businesses are closed.

Vette_DD 08-20-2018 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by NY09C6 (Post 1597830639)
Not in the south. Sunday is holy day. Many businesses are closed.

:iagree:

Local Chevy dealer where I've bought 14 cars in the 38 years he's been in business has never opened on Sunday.

EVRose 08-20-2018 09:36 PM

Vegas dealers are all closed Sunday too except Carmax.

duckvett 08-20-2018 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vette_DD (Post 1597825597)
Which will not help any if you cannot get inside the car.

In his opening post, the first sentence was: Today I was trapped in my 2012 GS.
Yes, I know he later said he was out of the car, but by saying he felt "trapped" in the car means he doesn't know about the manual release.

:cheers:

HBsurfer 08-20-2018 09:37 PM

"Today I was trapped in my 2012 GS".

So you didn't even know about the big manual door release handles on the floor right next to both seats?? Wow.
You really need to read the manual.