CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Midyearvette Update (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4182001-midyearvette-update.html)

Midyearvettesis 08-28-2018 03:58 PM

Midyearvette Update

[img]blob:https://www.corvetteforum.com/42665ae3-3ce0-4f70-b842-c94537b66fd2[/img]
A surprise visit from jsmcol

[img]blob:https://www.corvetteforum.com/a1096672-1574-429f-9025-4eecba197c92[/img]
DAHogan stops by regularly

Hi Everyone! I don’t own a vette (at least not yet) but many of you know my brother - Midyearvette. Those who know him know that he has had health issues this year and is recovering from a stroke. I want to thank you for the numerous cards & visitis!! So many of you have reached out to him and it means so much. In fact, you can see from the photos that just the other day he had visits from DAHogan & jsmcol 😎. And he was thrilled a few weeks ago when some of you came and made it possible for him to leave and go home for a few hours. How wonderful that was!!! Midyearvette is making progress but still has a long road ahead. If you want to send him a card, his address is:
Westminster Thurber
Room 355
717 Neil Avenue
Columbus Ohio, 43215

Thanks so much and Fond Aloha for all your kindness!!!!!

dahogan 08-28-2018 04:28 PM

Midyearvettesis's pics that didn't go thru

1. https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3caf3d4e4.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...844e4ad82.jpeg

Jackfit 08-29-2018 09:54 AM

Jail Break for Frank

hedgehead 08-29-2018 10:09 AM

Cool Sis! :thumbs:

jsmcol 08-29-2018 10:39 AM

Thanks for the update, will plan on seeing Frank again. Love that he's showing improvement, Hopefully he's well enough at some point to get back in the car! :steering:

gcb1966 08-29-2018 11:17 AM

Best of luck to him. Go Bobcats!

Midyearvettesis 08-29-2018 11:43 AM

Thanks for those pictures again Jackfit!!!!! That was such a special day for him. And thanks to all for you good wishes!!!!
:thumbs::thumbs:

Kerrmudgeon 08-29-2018 01:48 PM

Hey Sis.....let Frank know that Robbie in Ottawa Canada says hi and best wishes for a speedy rehab. He helped me out a lot when I was building a big block Chevy a couple of years ago. A very nice man and a great sense of humour. :thumbs:

Midyearvettesis 08-29-2018 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1597885541)
Hey Sis.....let Frank know that Robbie in Ottawa Canada says hi and best wishes for a speedy rehab. He helped me out a lot when I was building a big block Chevy a couple of years ago. A very nice man and a great sense of humour. :thumbs:

Will do Kerrmudgeon!!!!

rayvaflav 08-29-2018 11:05 PM

Hey, there's Frank The Tank ! (though some of us discretely refer to him as "Knuckles", youse know who youse are)

Ray

Johnbar 08-30-2018 08:05 AM

Get better soon Frank. Looking forward to seeing you in your car!!
Best
john

dahogan 09-04-2018 04:37 PM

Went to visit Frank today. He is so fortunate to family/friends that visit often. He is doing a little better with much better spirits today. Guys/Gals, I have ended several posts over the past 10 years with this and will do so again: enjoy them while you can!

jsmcol 09-04-2018 05:04 PM

Do you think they would let him outside? Not on a really hot day, but something reasonable? I was thinking of driving the '55 there one day and showing it to him to get him outside in the fresh air...

I know you guys broke him out, is he allowed outside for something just in the parking lot? I could call and clear it in advance if you guys think he would enjoy that.

Jim

Midyearvettesis 09-04-2018 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by dahogan (Post 1597922524)
Went to visit Frank today. He is so fortunate to family/friends that visit often. He is doing a little better with much better spirits today. Guys/Gals, I have ended several posts over the past 10 years with this and will do so again: enjoy them while you can!

Thanks so much for visiting him as often as you do, DAHogan!!!! I know he really enjoys seeing you and everyone who comes to visit :blueangel:

Midyearvettesis 09-04-2018 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by jsmcol (Post 1597922673)
Do you think they would let him outside? Not on a really hot day, but something reasonable? I was thinking of driving the '55 there one day and showing it to him to get him outside in the fresh air...

I know you guys broke him out, is he allowed outside for something just in the parking lot? I could call and clear it in advance if you guys think he would enjoy that.

Jim

Hi jmscol - I have actually taken him out to the parking lot and wheeled him around. We also take him out near the front door occasionally so he can sit out side. I think as long as you stay in the parking lot it should be fine! :thumbs:

dahogan 09-04-2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by jsmcol (Post 1597922673)
Do you think they would let him outside? Not on a really hot day, but something reasonable? I was thinking of driving the '55 there one day and showing it to him to get him outside in the fresh air..
Jim

We discussed your visit today, it was that impressive to the family and yes Frank can be wheeled chaired outside to see your '55. He would love to see your '55. I would like to attend, let us know when. Bless you!

dahogan 10-18-2018 10:58 AM

Visited midyearvette twice this week. He is working so hard for at times such little gains. Progress has been made in his ability to get out of his wheel chair into a car seat and visa versa.

Think about it; to be confined to a wheel chair or bed for 24 hours, seven days a week. Nevertheless, Frank is in good spirits at least when I visit. Members, if you know of anyone in a similar situation go and visit them. Its the best therapy they could receive.

Enjoy em while you can.

Midyearvettesis 10-19-2018 03:01 AM

Hi DAHogan - thanks so much for visiting Frank and for the update. One thing to keep in mind: it may seem like progress is slow and “little by little” but it takes a long time for function to return after a stroke like my brother had. I keep thinking of where he was just 6 months ago: he couldn’t talk or swallow, couldn’t stand or even sit up, had to use a hoist just to get him out of bed, and lots more. He’s getting better and even though it’s not a quickly as we would like, the trend is good! I know it means the world to him for you (and others) to visit him. I just wish I lived closer so I could be there more. Thanks to you all for your continued thoughts and prayers!! :thumbs:

jsmcol 10-19-2018 12:31 PM

Sis, it's a long slow process to recover from a stroke, so the fact that he has progressed this far is really encouraging. :yesnod:
Of course, having family and friends around I'm sure is a big boost for Frank.
I'm still hoping to get my car out and get him outside to see it. Work gets in the way of fun...

Jim

Midyearvettesis 10-19-2018 04:07 PM

He would LOVE that! In fact, I’ve been told that he has been working on transferring from his daughter’s Jeep and is doing quite well with that. Not sure he could transfer into a Vette at this point but I know he would love to see it!