CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast-40/)
-   -   Best Vette alignment shop in NY / NJ area (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast/4188069-best-vette-alignment-shop-in-ny-nj-area.html)

Nyvetteguy007 09-14-2018 04:54 AM

Best Vette alignment shop in NY / NJ area

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...bd40d0f6f.jpeg

Just wanted to share with the Forum Community my continued satisfaction with Little Bear Wheel Alignment in Buchanan NY. (Westchester County)
First off this is my 3rd new C7 and I started a tradition when I got my C6 of bringing the car in for a wheel alignment at about 700 miles or so, NOT to the dealer but to Little Bear. I just don’t trust the dealership techs to take the time and do the job right. EVERY. SINGLE. VETTE. I have brought in has not been aligned properly from the factory, and after leaving Little Bear the car feels more precise and just overall drives unbelievably.
To align the C7’s (and I believe C6’s) an angle gauge must be used to be able to adjust the rear caster which some dealerships don’t even have. These guys have the right tools, they take their time and they have Vette experience.
I have recommended them to numerous friends and forum members and they all are thrilled with the job Little Bear does, Odds are you need a proper alignment if you haven’t had one, get one, and if you can, go to these guys, they are the best.

k24556 09-14-2018 06:46 AM

Yea the factory alignment specs are wide enough to cause a lot of wear and handling problems. Wise to check it especially with such a nice 'Vette.

C6's did no have a provision to measure rear caster nor a way to adjust. There was only one eccentric bolt per side on the lower control arms on the C6's.

salcolkat 09-18-2018 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007 (Post 1597980747)

Just wanted to share with the Forum Community my continued satisfaction with Little Bear Wheel Alignment in Buchanan NY. (Westchester County)
First off this is my 3rd new C7 and I started a tradition when I got my C6 of bringing the car in for a wheel alignment at about 700 miles or so, NOT to the dealer but to Little Bear. I just don’t trust the dealership techs to take the time and do the job right. EVERY. SINGLE. VETTE. I have brought in has not been aligned properly from the factory, and after leaving Little Bear the car feels more precise and just overall drives unbelievably.
To align the C7’s (and I believe C6’s) an angle gauge must be used to be able to adjust the rear caster which some dealerships don’t even have. These guys have the right tools, they take their time and they have Vette experience.
I have recommended them to numerous friends and forum members and they all are thrilled with the job Little Bear does, Odds are you need a proper alignment if you haven’t had one, get one, and if you can, go to these guys, they are the best.

I have been looking for a good place to have my 17 ZO6 aligned. I will look in to Little Bear. Thanks for the post.

Nyvetteguy007 09-18-2018 10:34 PM

:thumbs:

robertlevine 09-18-2018 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007 (Post 1597980747)

Should I be worried about aligning the wheels after 5k miles? Will the Pilot Super Sports be too messed up a that point, or is it still ok?

Also, what does a wheel alignment run there?

NOMRW8NG 09-19-2018 08:19 PM

I second the recommendation, have been using Little Bear for a few years now. Top notch work!

Did you have them do the NYS inspection while you were there? Where are you having the 500-mile oil change done?

DK83 09-22-2018 11:38 AM

Do they let you sit in the car and align the car to your specs as well?

Nyvetteguy007 09-22-2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by robertlevine (Post 1598009660)
Should I be worried about aligning the wheels after 5k miles? Will the Pilot Super Sports be too messed up a that point, or is it still ok?

Also, what does a wheel alignment run there?

I wouldn’t worry about the miles, they will tell you if it’s an issue...ie if your tires are not in good shape.

They charge $200 for full alignment including the rear caster.

Nyvetteguy007 09-22-2018 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by NOMRW8NG (Post 1598015115)
I second the recommendation, have been using Little Bear for a few years now. Top notch work!

Did you have them do the NYS inspection while you were there? Where are you having the 500-mile oil change done?

I didn’t have the registration stuff etc ready...had the inspection done today at American Cycle

Did the 500 mile oil change at Mt Kisco Chevy, in and out while I waited...also had them put on black lug nuts..

Nyvetteguy007 09-22-2018 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by DK83 (Post 1598030196)
Do they let you sit in the car and align the car to your specs as well?

They will let you sit in the car but won’t let you drive the car on or off the rack. And yes they will do to whatever spec you like...

NOMRW8NG 09-23-2018 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007 (Post 1598031704)
Did the 500 mile oil change at Mt Kisco Chevy, in and out while I waited...also had them put on black lug nuts..

Thanks. Wasn't sure if they're still as Vette-friendly as they were when it was Arroway.