CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   Best tuner for an LS3 A6 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/4188143-best-tuner-for-an-ls3-a6.html)

C6Tally 09-14-2018 10:58 AM

Best tuner for an LS3 A6

I'm returning to the forum after being gone for a couple of years.
When I was here before I had an '05 Z51 M6 and I put an intake, Pipe, and axle back exhaust on it with a Diablo Sport tune by Lew about 5 years ago.

I was pretty happy with the results and I now have a '10 base A6, 4LT. I'm going to do a similar setup on this one, possibly with long tube headers.
I'm wondering how much has changed in the tuner world at this time.

Does anyone have a similar setup with the A6 that they are happy with and could recommend some direction for a tuner to help firm up the shifts and have the A/F ratio adjustments available when I swap out parts in the next few months?

Thanks in advance

Trey

Dcasole 09-15-2018 09:50 AM

I had Diablo Lew do the tune on my "bolt on" 2011 C6 along with his transmission tune . I was very happy with the results ....

Dave

C6Tally 09-15-2018 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1597987675)
I had Diablo Lew do the tune on my "bolt on" 2011 C6 along with his transmission tune . I was very happy with the results ....

Dave

10-4 thanks. Did you use one of the canned tunes that comes with it first or go straight with one of his tunes?

Dcasole 09-15-2018 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by C6Tally (Post 1597990899)
10-4 thanks. Did you use one of the canned tunes that comes with it first or go straight with one of his tunes?

For a header tune a Diablo is fine , I started with the 93 tune and firm shift tune , turn off Torque Managemnt as it limits your power to 380 HP in 1st and 2nd gear ..
then did the CAI , headers , and fast 102 ... logged the car and then enlisted Lew . Loaded the new custome tune , log ....a wide open run , sent to Lew again ... you can rinse and repeat as many times as u need to . Just as good as a street tune but done remotely

Dave

C6Tally 09-15-2018 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1597991002)
For a header tune a Diablo is fine , I started with the 93 tune and firm shift tune , turn off Torque Managemnt as it limits your power to 380 HP in 1st and 2nd gear ..
then did the CAI , headers , and fast 102 ... logged the car and then enlisted Lew . Loaded the new custome tune , log ....a wide open run , sent to Lew again ... you can rinse and repeat as many times as u need to . Just as good as a street tune but done remotely

Dave

Gotcha. How was the 93 & firm shift tune in yours?

I did the data logging tune with Lew on my last one but it was an M6.

I think I'll wait until I do the header addition before I bring him in on this one as well.

Dcasole 09-15-2018 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by C6Tally (Post 1597991104)
Gotcha. How was the 93 & firm shift tune in yours?

I did the data logging tune with Lew on my last one but it was an M6.

I think I'll wait until I do the header addition before I bring him in on this one as well.

The motor responded well to the 93 tune but the biggest gain cam from shutting off torque management....

this is a gain that you can feel ...

Dave

C6Tally 09-16-2018 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1597991321)
The motor responded well to the 93 tune but the biggest gain cam from shutting off torque management....

this is a gain that you can feel ...

Dave

That's the info I was looking for. This one feels like it has a little vibration from about 2500-4500 rpms and I was wondering if it had something to do with the traction control / torque management.

Thanks Dave

Trey

Tampa Tuning 10-30-2018 11:23 PM

Corvette tuner in Tampa

Originally Posted by C6Tally (Post 1597982117)

I was pretty happy with the results and I now have a '10 base A6, 4LT. I'm going to do a similar setup on this one, possibly with long tube headers.
I'm wondering how much has changed in the tuner world at this time.

Thanks in advance

Trey

I bought an A6 2010 Camaro ss so I could get a better feel and understanding of how I want the 6L80's to shift. I R&D 100's of logging hours before I feel I've perfected them. What I saw what most guys just add line pressure. In the 8 and 10 speed transmissions there's far less to change. There pretty fast on their own.

How Im Different and make the money is I make changes to the torque management system. I found this way the best. The more throttle you apply, the firmer the shift will because. In normal traffic, the transmission shifts a little shorter than stock. Go spirited driving and get ready to chirp a gear. I have 90% automatic clients because thats who I Taylor the transmission settings for. You can make it custom for each owner using the D mode and M mode Lots of tables to change, but that what your paying me to do and I do it right

GRCTampa 11-01-2018 09:35 PM

Highly satisfied with the tune done for me by Tampa Tuning. Phil is highly skilled and is very thorough in his work.
Check out https://shop.tampatuning.com/home.html to learn more then get in touch with Phil. Good luck!