CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-parts-for-sale-wanted-115/)
-   -   WTB: I’m looking for cheap z06 brakes front and back (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-parts-for-sale-wanted/4188334-iim-looking-for-cheap-z06-brakes-front-and-back.html)

Smoky Nbandit 09-14-2018 07:42 PM

I’m looking for cheap z06 brakes front and back

I have a c3 and looking to update the stopping power of you have brakes and rotors for cheap let me know I’m not loaded can’t afford a lot, but just seeing what’s out there. My project car has sat for years I’m finally getting back into it it needs a lot but first I’m focusing on making it road worthy. Brakes first lol

Domino864 09-22-2018 05:50 PM

z06 brakes

Originally Posted by Smoky Nbandit (Post 1597985516)
I have a c3 and looking to update the stopping power of you have brakes and rotors for cheap let me know I’m not loaded can’t afford a lot, but just seeing what’s out there. My project car has sat for years I’m finally getting back into it it needs a lot but first I’m focusing on making it road worthy. Brakes first lol

So you are looking for calipers, pads and rotors or just pads and rotors?

FRCEFED 09-22-2018 08:59 PM

I have a set of 2008 z06 rotors w/ 22k miles in exc cond for $200, but shipping would probably kill you. :( Where are you located?

Smoky Nbandit 09-23-2018 01:56 AM

Sorry for late response I’m located in nc preferably looking for a complete stock calipers rotors pads ect, just seeing what’s out there

Smoky Nbandit 09-23-2018 01:58 AM

I’m doing my project on a very limited amount of money basically I make a couple $100 every week or two that I’m able to sometimes save after everything else, just tryna get her road worthy of possible

Smoky Nbandit 09-28-2018 09:59 PM

Preferably around the $200 range c6s

chpmnsws6 09-28-2018 10:05 PM

You'll be looking at C5 or base C6 brakes in that range. The lowest I've seen C6Z calipers (only calipers) go for was 800. They're pricey!

The base c5/c6 brake setup with good pads work surprisingly well.

Ninjavitis_ 09-29-2018 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6 (Post 1598070470)
You'll be looking at C5 or base C6 brakes in that range. The lowest I've seen C6Z calipers (only calipers) go for was 800. They're pricey!

The base c5/c6 brake setup with good pads work surprisingly well.

Also will need appropriate wheels to boot, you used to be able to simply buy the Z06 brakes new for 200$ a caliper for the fronts but I believe the prices have gone up since they're not actively manufactured still.

Smoky Nbandit 09-29-2018 11:05 PM

Yea that’s what one of the other members here had said when he offered them for 1,000 lol I’m mainly looking to see what’s out there eventually something may come up, I have 20s I’m installing this week once I get my spacers

Smoky Nbandit 09-29-2018 11:12 PM

Aftermarket calipers pads and rotors only as a kit when I glanced which might not be direct fit but was only $600 which may be a good route for what I’m trying to do compared to used if I can’t find them for what I have right now. I picked up my wheels for cheap couple $100 bucks just need a few tires. Still gotta get a new battery and alternator as I don’t believe mine is strong enough or good anymore battery won’t stay charged and it’s simi new I hardly use the car. That’s why I started buying stuff for it to get it going again although not the right direction at once eventually I have a lot to replace all rubber components bushings ect. Have a lot of plans eventually to get to just broke most of the time haha