CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   ?? Active Handling Light - Rough Running (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/4188791-active-handling-light-rough-running.html)

Mylz95 09-16-2018 10:25 AM

?? Active Handling Light - Rough Running

Ok, yesterday afternoon I pulled out of a driveway quickly to merge with traffic. As I did, the R Rear tire ran though a puddle, causing the car to fish tail a little.
Immediately after this happened, the "Service Active Handling" light came on and the car started running rough.
The car had been running fine until this happened. The car is a 2011 GS Vert. 27,850 miles.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
Miles

Dave S 09-16-2018 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mylz95 (Post 1597992684)
Ok, yesterday afternoon I pulled out of a driveway quickly to merge with traffic. As I did, the R Rear tire ran though a puddle, causing the car to fish tail a little.
Immediately after this happened, the "Service Active Handling" light came on and the car started running rough.
The car had been running fine until this happened. The car is a 2011 GS Vert. 27,850 miles.

Thanks
Miles

Very first thing to do is check for codes. If you don't have access to an OBD II reader, just about any big box auto shop like Pep Boys, O'Reillys or Advance Auto will do it for no charge. Once you have some facts, you can go from there.

Mylz95 09-16-2018 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dave S (Post 1597994045)
Very first thing to do is check for codes. If you don't have access to an OBD II reader, just about any big box auto shop like Pep Boys, O'Reillys or Advance Auto will do it for no charge. Once you have some facts, you can go from there.

Thanks for the reply...
I had a quick diagnostic done this morning and it said "#8 cylinder misfire". Into the shop it goes. PO said it hasn't been tuned up since new. HOPE that's all it is.

MYCoupe 09-16-2018 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mylz95 (Post 1597994286)
Thanks for the reply...
I had a quick diagnostic done this morning and it said "#8 cylinder misfire". Into the shop it goes. PO said it hasn't been tuned up since new. HOPE that's all it is.

I would pull the plastic engine cover (over the coils) and make sure the spark plug wire didn't come off the coil. That's not that uncommon and will lead to the exact condition you're describing. I had it happen.

Mylz95 09-16-2018 07:58 PM

DS,
Thanks for the help, exactly what happened. Plugged the wire back on the coil and back to running smooth! :hurray:

Thanks again for the help!:cheers:

Cherokee Nation 09-17-2018 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mylz95 (Post 1597992684)

Thanks
Miles

That is normal with traction control on....When the rear tires start to spin it shuts the fuel off and your car will stumble for about 2 seconds.and the dic will display "Traction Control Active".

Mylz95 09-17-2018 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation (Post 1597996525)
That is normal with traction control on....When the rear tires start to spin it shuts the fuel off and your car will stumble for about 2 seconds.and the dic will display "Active Handing Active".

C N,
Thanks for the Reply.

Tag7800 10-03-2018 04:40 PM

Wow, had the exact thing happen to me this week! What a strange thing to have a spark plug wire fall off!