CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Just trying to get my story out (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4189319-just-trying-to-get-my-story-out.html)

Guy gm screwed 09-17-2018 05:36 PM

Just trying to get my story out

Is it normal for a $145,000 ZR1 to come in with several major problems like a cracked fender, paint discolorations, Thumbprint in paint, Air conditioning not working, suspension popping and clunking, Front grill would blow in when you try to drive it, interior trim installed wrong. and general motors refusing to give me my money back. They just want to tear my car apart. I haven’t had a working car in five months almost . Just got off the phone with my dealership and they said it’s still on the left they’ve done everything that General Motors has told them to do to fix it and it is still clunking . Dealership has had it almost a month. Coming up on five months now
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f07f395edd.png

Steve Garrett 09-17-2018 05:41 PM

What do you mean, "It's still on the left"?

Slynky 09-17-2018 05:42 PM

Ouch ! :nonod:

Slynky 09-17-2018 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 1598000734)
What do you mean, "It's still on the left"?

I'm guessing he meant, "lift".

Maxpowers 09-17-2018 05:58 PM

This is about one of the worst stories I've ever heard. Have you taken delivery of the car yet (e.g. paid them?). I don't think you should accept the vehicle.

Guy gm screwed 09-17-2018 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maxpowers (Post 1598000830)
This is about one of the worst stories I've ever heard. Have you taken delivery of the car yet (e.g. paid them?). I don't think you should accept the vehicle.

Yes I took delivery of it expecting to get a perfect car with very minimal problems. Paid in full. General motors told me I don’t qualify for a vehicle buyback or replacement. They supposedly held the car for two weeks after it was built to make sure there was no quality problems. LOL if I would’ve financed it I’m sure the banks attorneys would instantly get their money back from GM .

Sconn 09-17-2018 06:18 PM

I think I'd trade the car in for something else at the dealership it's being fixed at... Sorry to hear about this. Seems this happens just way too often.

Jmcdude 09-17-2018 06:30 PM

Not looking to good for GM. This is their most expensive car ever produced, and in their new mega factory build space. You would think in the sixth year of C7 production that they would have worked this Yugo build quality crap out. This does not bode well when they start trying to lure buyers for the upcoming ME C8. Post this everywhere and they will intervene to keep you quite. :yesnod:

Guy gm screwed 09-17-2018 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jmcdude (Post 1598001067)
Not looking to good for GM. This is their most expensive car ever produced, and in their new mega factory build space. You would think in the sixth year of C7 production that they would have worked this Yugo build quality crap out. This does not bode well when they start trying to lure buyers for the upcoming ME C8. Post this everywhere and they will intervene to keep you quite. :yesnod:

I agree. I would love to find someone with 1 million or two followers on YouTube and pay them a little bit of money to create my story

Jmcdude 09-17-2018 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Guy gm screwed (Post 1598001151)

I agree. I would love to find someone with 1 million or two followers on YouTube and pay them a little bit of money to create my story

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ngray-z51.html

PatternDayTrader 09-17-2018 06:55 PM

Whats wrong with letting them fix it ?

DWillys 09-17-2018 06:57 PM

If it has been in the shop that long take a look into your lemon laws.

tome 09-17-2018 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader (Post 1598001220)

Well, if you had a $145,000 car at the dealer for 5 months and they weren't making any progress, would you sit around and wait for it? Probably not. My worthless opinion is that this person has already been more than patient..... Lemon law that puppy and start over.

Steve_R 09-17-2018 07:08 PM

From here:

Oklahoma has, as most other states have, enacted laws to protect consumers from defective motor vehicles. Most of the vehicles sold today are well-made.

In days past, vehicle recalls were heard about regularly, and consumers found themselves out many thousands of dollars because there were not laws in effect to protect them from defective motor vehicles.

Is My Vehicle a Lemon?

For your vehicle to be considered a lemon in Oklahoma, one of the following criteria must apply:
  • You've had your vehicle for at least 1 year.
  • The car manufacturer has made at least 4 attempts to fix the defect.
  • The vehicle has been out of service in a repair shop for 30 business days.
The dealer or manufacturer can offer any of the following solutions:
  • Replace your lemon with a new vehicle.
  • Return the original purchase price.
    • Plus tax, registration, and other related fees and expenses.
You may want to consider hiring a lemon law attorney if the manufacturer or authorized dealer is unresponsive or unable to resolve the issue. You may be able to find a resolution by filing a complaint or a civil suit.

Filing a Lemon Law Claim

If your new car begins to show signs of a defect shortly after you purchase it, you must inform the dealership right away and have your car looked at by the service department of your dealership.

The dealership is permitted to make a reasonable attempt to repair or otherwise remedy the problem. If you are concerned for your safety while driving the vehicle, address this with the dealership to see if they have a loaner vehicle you may use until the problem is resolved or a repair attempted.

You may also wish to contact an attorney specializing in lemon law if you fee like the dealership is not being cooperative with you.

If your car has been in the shop for almost 5 months, you clearly fall under the red bolded statement and, by OK law, the dealer is required to either replace the car or refund the purchase price.

Skid Row Joe 09-17-2018 07:22 PM

Op:

If you don't have the exact signed by you copies of the initial incoming work orders, FULLY DESCRIBING AND IDENTIFYING THE MALFUNCTIONS WHEN CHECKING YOUR CAR IN, you'd better get 'em!

Dealers will <sometimes> lie in testimony during the Lemon Law hearings. If you don't have proof of your claims, don't depend on the dealer to not alter them, or, ignore what you're saying when checking your car in.

What State and dealer did you buy your C7 new from? What State do you reside in?

RFBHD 09-17-2018 07:28 PM

I am having a hard time believing this story.... lets see the window sticker ..... I looked at your twitter feed.... no way GM shipped that car with that crack in the fender

KenHorse 09-17-2018 07:33 PM

The OP should be thankful they didn't ship the car with IPW wheels and Bridgestone tires :leaving:

Zaphod B 09-17-2018 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by RFBHD (Post 1598001394)
I am having a hard time believing this story.... lets see the window sticker ..... I looked at your twitter feed.... no way GM shipped that car with that crack in the fender

Agreed.

Zaphod B 09-17-2018 07:40 PM

I think there's more to this story than the OP is letting on.

Guy gm screwed 09-17-2018 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader (Post 1598001220)

I shouldn’t have to pay full price for a car that comes to me broken is my point . I don’t have a problem with them fixing it/ repainting it. I have a problem with paying full price for a vehicle that I found out is broken everywhere. They should give me a minimum of 50k back. I’m pretty sure anybody that paid 150,000k for a car and had it a couple days just to find out the whole front end has to be repainted the dash has to be taken out and the suspension is messed up would want their money back also. I’m not wanting to take the loss of value on this new vehicle.