CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with this supercharged GS? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4189710-anyone-familiar-with-this-supercharged-gs.html)

davyboy39 09-18-2018 06:06 PM

Anyone familiar with this supercharged GS?

I've been looking for a GS to buy and saw this. Anyone ever seen this car on the forum?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=CORV

Dano523 09-18-2018 07:28 PM

Kind of a strange set up, since the GS is designed for autocross, does well on High speed road course work, but the centrifugal blower is not the choice for either since its more of mid to high RPM punch, and really for a strip kind of car isntead.

As for buying a modded vet, most of use will steer clear of such, since most modded cars are not built correctly for long term use instead. Hence in the case of a super charger, the correct way to install such is to change the fuel pump out in the tank so it pushing the needed amount of fuel normaly, and not just throwing on a Boost a pump to over spin the OEM fuel pump to burn it out much faster instead.

Also, with only 1800 miles on at 2011 car, that is lot of sitting around that the car has done in the last 8 years, so would start with pulling a Car fax and service history report on the car to verify the mileage and the the car is not a rebuilt title, then still plan on selling out a lot of money on not only the fluids that may need to be changed, but seals that may have failed from the car just sitting that long without the car being run as well.

As for the major turn off's, its the install of lambo doors, so for that reason alone, would walk away from the car. Hell take all the added gauge, and isntead of mounting them in the A pillar, they slewn on the lower dash out of normal drivers line of sight instead. Plus seeing a lot of bolt ons, but not one mention of bullet proofing the drive line to take the extra HP to begin with.

Hence car looks to be built for show only to earn a few show car trophies, and not for any type of real useful "go" instead.

So my advice, if your not looking for a garage queen to just gleam in the driveway during the weekend with washes only, them would look for a all OEM stock/not modded C6 isntead.

saplumr 09-18-2018 07:33 PM

Seems like a pretty decent car to me. Well, it looked good until I saw the other pics. Wrapped top and vertical doors will get you ridiculed. That car is probably an hour away from me when no construction is going on but it is going on big time right now. Strange I’ve never seen or heard about it. 1800 miles is a real head scratcher.

invadermoose 09-18-2018 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by saplumr (Post 1598008297)
Seems like a pretty decent car to me. Well, it looked good until I saw the other pics. Wrapped top and vertical doors will get you ridiculed. That car is probably an hour away from me when no construction is going on but it is going on big time right now. Strange I’ve never seen or heard about it. 1800 miles is a real head scratcher.

What kind of person makes fun of a wrapped top? Pretty much every C6 ever produced looks better with a black roof and halo.

TorchRedFred 09-18-2018 09:34 PM

Some expensive mods. I have mixed feelings about heavily modded cars, but except for the Lambo doors on this one, the car looks pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the wrapped roof either but that could easily be removed. Would be good to know some of the history on the car. Good luck locating a previous owner.

TorchRedFred 09-18-2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by invadermoose (Post 1598009039)
What kind of person makes fun of a wrapped top? Pretty much every C6 ever produced looks better with a black roof and halo.

A wrapped top is just personal preference. I agree, I never heard of someone getting ridiculed for it.

saplumr 09-18-2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by invadermoose (Post 1598009039)

Not the wrap, the doors.

corvettezman 09-18-2018 09:40 PM

The ad says that all the lambo takeoffs are there, so it can be reversed easily.
if the CF top and halo is not your thing, they can be peeled off in a matter of minutes.
Otherwise , the car looks clean, and the price is not crazy. I would dig into the history of it a bit more though if I were you.

saplumr 09-18-2018 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by corvettezman (Post 1598009121)
The ad says that all the lambo takeoffs are there, so it can be reversed easily.
if the CF top and halo is not your thing, they can be peeled off in a matter of minutes.
Otherwise , the car looks clean, and the price is not crazy. I would dig into the history of it a bit more though if I were you.

Someone has done an awful lot of work on this car but the 1800 miles sure makes one wonder why and then sell it.

TorchRedFred 09-18-2018 09:54 PM

Found an eBay listing for it from 2015 when it only had 756 miles on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Chevro....m43663.l10137

TorchRedFred 09-18-2018 09:59 PM

http://usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Item.asp...=8%2F25%2F2015

http://carclassifiedscheapads.com/20...le-craigslist/

saplumr 09-18-2018 10:02 PM

There has to be some kind of crazy story behind this car. Not in a bad way but definitely out of the ordinary.

Tokuzumi 09-19-2018 11:22 AM

I like everything about the car, other than the "lambo" doors. Some serious money was put into the parts alone. HRE wheels? Quick way to lighten your pocket book by close to 5 figures.

919cw313 09-19-2018 12:26 PM

Sweet badges too.

~STOLEN~ 09-20-2018 10:44 AM

i am not, but its been on there for a while. ive inquired about it myself, but they wouldnt take my hci z in trade on it.

something seems fishy though.....5000 wheels, blower etc etc.....for that price and mileage, there has to be a CATCH!!!

invadermoose 09-20-2018 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~ (Post 1598017749)
i am not, but its been on there for a while. ive inquired about it myself, but they wouldnt take my hci z in trade on it.

something seems fishy though.....5000 wheels, blower etc etc.....for that price and mileage, there has to be a CATCH!!!

You'd be surprised. Over on the GTR forums its almost common for people to buy a car and immediately ship it to AMS for work before they so much as sit in it. Wouldnt be surprised if this is the same sort of deal.

Of course if that is the case, that probably means it was tracked heavily. Who knows.

I wouldnt worry about it. Get a PPI and if anything comes up as funny, chances are it can be fixed or otherwise remedied for pretty cheap. These cars arent exactly expensive to maintain and repair.

~STOLEN~ 09-20-2018 02:01 PM

i think it has been owned by a old guy that is a "catalog part" kind of guy. and seeing that they bolted a auto zone gauge to the top of the steering column....NOPE there are much more pics now than when i inquired about it. doors werent opened or any good shots of the interior

_Wayne_ 09-20-2018 02:26 PM

I actually tried to buy this car back in January. I couldn't get my raptor sold for a while and the deal fell apart. Really nice guy, definitely an older gentleman, had trouble getting in and out of it. He had purchased a dodge demon and doesn't drive this anymore.

~STOLEN~ 09-20-2018 02:37 PM

first world problems HAHAHA

so the lambo doors were to help him enter and exit the car....ok he gets a pass on those then LOL

cal45 09-20-2018 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 919cw313 (Post 1598012119)
Sweet badges too.

LOL - I was thinking the same thing.
I think there is still some more room on the fender for more. ;)