CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Convertible key fob work with a coupe? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4190266-convertible-key-fob-work-with-a-coupe.html)

AceG 09-20-2018 09:36 AM

Convertible key fob work with a coupe?

Lost my keys ordered a new transmitter. Trying to reprogram with 0 luck. Notice its a convertible key. I have a coupe. Is the transmitter compatiable?

eboggs_jkvl 09-20-2018 10:51 AM

Send it back and get the correct part number.

Elmer

Ernest06 09-20-2018 11:09 AM

I have a convertible. Are you willing to sell it? 606-510-0892.

AceG 09-20-2018 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ernest06 (Post 1598017906)
I have a convertible. Are you willing to sell it? 606-510-0892.

sent you a text

Ernest06 09-20-2018 11:58 AM

email: evhensley1@gmail.com

PJay 09-20-2018 01:23 PM

Keep in mind that there are 4 different fobs available, not just 2 (coupe AT, coupe MT, convertible AT, convertible MT).

eboggs_jkvl 09-20-2018 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by PJay (Post 1598018740)
Keep in mind that there are 4 different fobs available, not just 2 (coupe AT, coupe MT, convertible AT, convertible MT).

Yup!
...and 4 different part numbers that you must get correct to get the correct FOB.

Elmer

owc6 09-20-2018 11:53 PM

I asked this same question a couple weeks ago and had zero bites.

So if you buy an auto Vert fob, it can't be programmed to work on any other C7. It can't be programmed to, say a manual Coupe, and the unused buttons can be ignored?

:lurk:

eboggs_jkvl 09-21-2018 11:31 AM

Lisa,

It is quite a challenge to answer the questions in here and I figure that I'd draw a line. If the person doesn't have the correct part number in hand, I flat give up trying to help them program it. If they have the correct part, then the instructions can be worked and might help.

Elmer

owc6 09-22-2018 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl (Post 1598024682)
Lisa,

It is quite a challenge to answer the questions in here and I figure that I'd draw a line. If the person doesn't have the correct part number in hand, I flat give up trying to help them program it. If they have the correct part, then the instructions can be worked and might help.

Elmer

I guess this was more a theoretical question as to what may/could be done with a fob. (silly me).

Not so much what has been done, but what may be done. Oh,well. I think I am arguably one of the other most knowledgeable posters on how it works in the real world.

thanks.

bdutchik 09-22-2018 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 1598028797)
I guess this was more a theoretical question as to what may/could be done with a fob. (silly me).

Not so much what has been done, but what may be done. Oh,well. I think I am arguably one of the other most knowledgeable posters on how it works in the real world.

thanks.

A coupe fob with remote start can be programed for a M7 Vert with the remote start button being non-functional. Will not lower Vert top using remote, but will open and start the car. I have an extra auto coupe fob and willing to trade for a manual vert fob. The dealer I bought the car (used) from provided the wrong fobs and refused to provide the correct ones. I bought one correct fob and kept the other for a spare. PM if interested in trade.

eboggs_jkvl 09-22-2018 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 1598028797)

thanks.

I agree, you are a good source of information on our FOBs. I simply want to have a good starting point for us to help. My job at AT&T was a course developer for CBT and Stand-Up training. The courses I developed had a "entry" level or "t-Pop" (Target Population) for all material. The students needed Electronics 101 before they came to my Electronics 102 class. There were rules at the beginning and I figured we can have that kind of rule on the FOB stuff.

Question 1: Do you have the correct part number on your FOB. Yes, we can help. No, get it and get back to us! :D

Elmer

owc6 09-22-2018 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by bdutchik (Post 1598028847)
A coupe fob with remote start can be programed for a M7 Vert with the remote start button being non-functional. Will not lower Vert top using remote, but will open and start the car. I have an extra auto coupe fob and willing to trade for a manual vert fob. The dealer I bought the car (used) from provided the wrong fobs and refused to provide the correct ones. I bought one correct fob and kept the other for a spare. PM if interested in trade.

Thanks for that info. That's exactly as I suspected.

Hopefully someone will want to trade (not me, because I have an auto Vert, so I need all buttons present and usable). Good luck!