CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Going to Kerbeck.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4191197-going-to-kerbeck.html)

Zjoe6 09-23-2018 11:40 AM

Back in June Kerbecks prices for 2019 Grand Sports (in stock) were about $1700 higher than MacMulkin and MacMulkin had battery protection. The reason they gave me for the higher price was their financing. I was paying cash so that was of no use to me. They agreed to knock off $500 but that left $1200 more than MacMulkin and really they are probably both great to deal with. So I went with MacMulkin. So I'd talk to both of them and see what works best for you considering everything. Both places have a great staff so you don't need to talk any one person. In fact if you only deal with one person, and they are busy or on vacation, it could delay your purchase.

Tin-can 09-23-2018 12:08 PM

I was lucky to find THE car on the floor at a local dealer who I've worked with before. Jason Lenamond at Lakeside Chevrolet in Rockwall, Texas really made the buying process painless and the price was right!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2d2f919475.jpg

Zjoe6 09-23-2018 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tin-can (Post 1598035173)
I was lucky to find THE car on the floor at a local dealer who I've worked with before. Jason Lenamond at Lakeside Chevrolet in Rockwall, Texas really made the buying process painless and the price was right!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2d2f919475.jpg

Pads under the wheels? Is that to protect the tires or their tile floor? That's a sharp blue vette.

direct007 09-23-2018 12:46 PM

Some of the responses are rather entertaining. The OP who lives about 90 minutes from Kerbeck asks who he should deal with at Kerbeck and some of the responses really open up your eyes as how different people view a car buying transaction and why they choose one dealer over another.

Regarding leaving a deposit. 5 years ago, some dealers couldn't even get a Stingray. Kerbeck had the largest allocation in the country and could have sold twice as many as they sold. As a business, why would they accept an order from someone halfway across the USA without a non-refundable deposit? What is the point of a deposit if it's refundable?...So the dealer can special order your car and you can change your mind on a whim and say forget about it, I want my money back? If you are concerned about the dealer making promises and failing to deliver, then I wouldn't deal with that dealer regardless of their deposit policy. You won't have that issue with Kerbeck. Either you want the car or you don't. If you aren't willing to leave a non-refundable deposit, then that indicates you aren't really serious or may be shopping for another dealer and whoever comes through first, the others miss out. There was plenty of that going on when the 2014's were rolling out.

Then there is someone that is complaining about the generic inventory that Kerbeck has (all having black interiors). Kerbeck stocks what is the most popular configuration of the car. If it's Black interior that is the most popular, that is what they will have the most in stock. For the record, Kerbeck normally has plenty of Kalahari, Red and a few Gray in stock depending on the exterior color. If you want something out of the ordinary, they will be happy to special order it and it will be there in 8 weeks or less.

My order with Kerbeck took exactly 34 days from the date I left my "non-refundable" deposit to the day I took delivery and before ordering I did check the top dealers to see if any of them had the exact configuration that I wanted (none did).

Regarding price...Yes, another dealer can come in slightly less based on the incentives available at that time. At times, there is what is called flex cash available from GM and a dealer has the option to stack discounts in $500 increments up to $4000 on a given car. Some dealers distribute this discount evenly among their inventory and others put the whole $4000 on a single car if it's a slow mover that they want to get rid of. Overall, Kerbeck usually comes in thousands less than any other small local dealer. Among the top 5 dealers, pricing is usually close, but Kerbeck offers the lowest finance rate which usually negates a lower price from anyone that is selling for less.

If you are paying cash, bless you but it's probably not an option for most buyers and for those that have that kind of cash available, usually keep it tied up in investments that pay more than the finance rate available at Kerbeck.

Fortunately, we all have options to buy from any dealer that we want to and there are some very good reasons to try to purchase locally if the dealer close to you can compete on price, service and availability. Personally, I really can't see driving 5 states away to save even $1000. Saving time and aggravation are priceless to me but apparently not to others. Now if you are going to save thousands and do a deal over the phone or by email and are having the car shipped to you or as a courtesy delivery to a local dealer and still save substantial amounts even with the additional transportation costs...then it would be worthwhile. To each his own, but obviously no single dealer is everything to every buyer.

Tally Ho 09-23-2018 01:03 PM

Dave Salvatore is the forum contact. Sam Kelley took care of me on two of three I bought from Kerbeck. Dave handled the first one. No complaints. NCM delivery on the two C6's and I picked up the C7 Z06 at their dealership so I could meet everyone.

jimtreber 09-23-2018 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Glennm27 (Post 1598034992)
Ask for Amani. He’s a great guy. Good chance when you walk in he’ll be the first one to aporoach you anyway

A. Amoni also took care of me this past April for my 2019. Being that i was paying cash, I was hesitant about sending money 800 miles away to a dealer I didn't know but Amoni patiently took me through the steps and was there to answer my questions every time I called. He even sent me a video of the car I wanted right after it arrived at the dealership. I wouldn't hesitate going through this experience again.

JerryU 09-23-2018 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by robertbruce (Post 1598034993)
After reading your posts I have changed my mind and from now on I will be ordering my Corvettes from dealers who have non refundable deposits. And what is the name of that restaurant you keep talking about. Next time I drive the Outer Banks I will swing down and check it out.:rock:

:lol: Dales new restaurant in downtown Florence is called Town Hall. We actually have several in the same area! Right near one of the large hospital groups if you get indigestion! But be sure to ask for a 2nd opinion as these open heart surgery teams are ready to do the only thing they are skilled doing and like a NACSR pit crew- quickly! Therefore the diagnoses may be a 4 way bypass! How would you know you didn't need it! :yesnod:

JerryU 09-23-2018 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vette_17 (Post 1598034943)
How can a northeast dealer not put the battery protection option in all its cars knowing most have to store for the winter!

Easy as most of us buy the same one on Amazon, etc. for half the GM price! It's a maintenance charger and that same company puts other car brand logo's on as well as selling under their name CTEK! All C7's come with a power receptacle in the right rear above the battery! :yesnod:

chucky7 09-23-2018 02:17 PM

kerbeck

My son and i have purchase many vettes from Kerbeck (Dave Salvatore)
Best deal in town , no hassles ever. It has always been a pleasure to deal with them. Saved thousands over my worthless florida dealer who wanted a $10K markup and no discounts.

zipity 09-23-2018 02:53 PM

Ask for Dave Salvatore and/or Sam Kelly
Tell Zipity sent you !!
Good Luck

AORoads 09-23-2018 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by JerryU (Post 1598034462)
See my Side Bar in post #15! Sounds like you would also not have eaten at the "best restaurant in town!" :lol:

Actually that restaurant owner moved from that small location to a much larger one and recently also opened a great large restaurant with a bar on the roof in our multimillion dollar renovation of downtown! We have become the medical center for the area, including Myrtle Beach, which is 1 1/2 hours away! We have two competing hospital complexes, one currently building several multilevel parking garages! We have 4 or 5 MRI units as GE builds those in town! I often joke with visitors or those who pass through Florence on I95 to be careful if you have indigestion as we have 4 open heart surgery teams and you're sure to get a 4-way bypass! :lol:

:D Yup, so maybe he was limited by space. Or, as some have claimed, the "Euro car companies" really know how to sell cars and create "cache"===what a term! Build FEWER cars than the public really wants, and sell them at a higher price than normal and make more profit! Sure.... Now, there's a great thought, isn't it?

We all have a break point, or a limit---it may be arbitrary, it may be irrational or illogical, and it may not be everyone's----but it exists. Can't go beyond that point....until you can, or feel you can. Then, it's ok to change your mind. Same goes for your Chicago dude. Reatau owner? He decided to change locations, maybe much bigger, maybe more seating, or more seating times as the customers come in, maybe new menu, too, to allow for more than one or two seatings. And maybe a new chef, plural, who can handle more customers. Who knows? I don't.

Despite your excellent sidebar story, I still prefer a fully-refundable deposit, if needed at all. But I may change my mind. :yesnod: :cheers:

Glennm27 09-23-2018 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by chucky7 (Post 1598035760)
My son and i have purchase many vettes from Kerbeck (Dave)
Best deal in town , no hassles ever. It has always been a pleasure to deal with them

Kerbeck is the “best deal in town” for sure. There are no options in AC when buying a new Corvette.

JerryU 09-23-2018 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1598035938)
:D Yup, so maybe he was limited by space. .... He decided to change locations, maybe much bigger, maybe more seating, or more seating times as the customers come in, maybe new menu, too, to allow for more than one or two seatings. And maybe a new chef, plural, who can handle more customers. :

Yep, he was limited by space so started a new restraint, new name but not that level. It has done very well for ~15 years but he wanted that high quality food and service so when millions were spent fixing the old downtown he bought and referbished one of the old three story buildings and is back being the head chief! Because he likes to do that! Have a friend and former neighbor, who bought the old 3 story Hotel Florence in the same downtown area that had not been operating for 30+ years, renovated it and has his restaurant, Victors on the lower floor. There are a number of others that have opened.

We’ve been here 33 years and it’s great to see investment rebuilding the old, run down city center! We have a new library with huge Roman columns that reminds me of the one in NYC, a new Performing Arts Center, Theater and Museum all in that area.

robertbruce 09-23-2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JerryU (Post 1598035584)
:lol: Dales new restaurant in downtown Florence is called Town Hall. We actually have several in the same area! Right near one of the large hospital groups if you get indigestion! But be sure to ask for a 2nd opinion as these open heart surgery teams are ready to do the only thing they are skilled doing and like a NACSR pit crew- quickly! Therefore the diagnoses may be a 4 way bypass! How would you know you didn't need it! :yesnod:

I will check them out next time I am down that way. I have always wanted to see Charleston South Carolina and Savannah Georgia. :thumbs:

SuperdadZ06 09-23-2018 06:56 PM

Kerbeck delivered for me. I ordered with deposit and 8 weeks later I had the exact 2LZ, M7 Z06 I ordered. I felt rushed at the pick up but so be it, still worth the great savings over the local dealer

JerryU 09-23-2018 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by robertbruce (Post 1598036523)
I will check them out next time I am down that way. I have always wanted to see Charleston South Carolina and Savannah Georgia. :thumbs:

Charleston is the nicest place to visit in SC, IMO. Have a good friend who lives there and we go often.

z06inVB 09-24-2018 07:59 AM

I was preparing to purchase a new 1LT coupe using cash. Both Kerbeck and MacMulkin had the exact car in stock. Kerbeck was around 700 bucks cheaper.

I ended up buying a local 2LT z51 instead which interestingly came from Kerbeck new.

That said I don’t think you can go wrong with either dealer. We are lucky to have such options.

As for the battery tender issue I was glad Kerbeck didn’t order them. One I don’t need it and two if I did I can buy one from any local auto parts store for around 30 bucks.

saleeg 09-24-2018 09:31 AM

I purchased my 2019 GS at Kerbeck in April of this year. My salesman was Amoni. It was the best automobile transaction I have ever had. I made the deal over the phone and emails. It took 8 weeks from the time I ordered to the date of delivery. Amoni called me when the car arrived and I rented a car one way to the dealer and drove it back 150 miles. If you buy at Kerbeck, talk to Amoni, you can't go wrong.

I Fly Low 09-24-2018 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by 89L98 (Post 1598032236)
I am going to Kerbeck. I bought a C5 from them awhile ago. Looking to order a '19 GS, very soon. Who should I talk to? Thanks. :thumbs:

I bought mine through Joe Zulli, no problems, easy transaction.

jbenderl 09-24-2018 03:28 PM

I worked with Sam Kelley on a custom order. It was an extremely positive and fun experience. My advice (which applies to any dealer) is to understand the myriad of options and getting what you want. Good luck.