CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Mild to Wild not so Wild (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4199052-mild-to-wild-not-so-wild.html)

Yoggi 10-10-2018 06:41 PM

Mild to Wild not so Wild

i installed a newly purchased M2W on my 2015 Z51 A8 today. I can't tell any difference in the exhaust sound.
I already had the programmable exhaust set at Track for all driving modes. So was mainly expecting the car to maintain a drone after it got to cruising speed. I could not detect any change whether the Wild to mild was on or off.
cant figure it out unless I got a bad unit. I tried with both remotes.

rsvette12 10-10-2018 06:44 PM

Does nothing but open butterfly's nothing more - cheaper to just pull the fuse

dvilin 10-10-2018 06:53 PM

With the M2W on the valves should stay open, sound wise no difference when the valves are open in other modes, advantage is you can open or close at will.
If they are not staying open in the on position then yes you have a problem.

v.vet's Z06 10-10-2018 07:00 PM

Having your exhaust set for Track in all modes sets the exhaust completely open. A Mild 2 Wild controller has no affect.

saleen556 10-10-2018 07:07 PM

I have mine set to Eco mode. So at start up the valves stay open and it’s much louder. When I hit the switch it’s very noticeable on my 17 Z.

Yoggi 10-10-2018 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by v.vet's Z06 (Post 1598137570)
Having your exhaust set for Track in all modes sets the exhaust completely open. A Mild 2 Wild controller has no affect.

I like the way the car sounded on exceleration in tract mode exhaust setting. But at a certain speed it would get quite while cruising. I thought mild to wild would keep the exhaust sound all the time.

Walt White Coupe 10-10-2018 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Yoggi (Post 1598137622)

I like the way the car sounded on acceleration in tract mode exhaust setting. But at a certain speed it would get quite while cruising. I thought mild to wild would keep the exhaust sound all the time.

You either did something wrong with the installation or got a bum unit. When energized the function of the NPP exhaust is exactly the same as pulling the fuse. To check it out put the car in "Tour" mode and cycle the M2W back and forth. If the sound doesn't change, the installation is wrong or you have a bum unit.

HooosierDaddy 10-10-2018 07:35 PM

Your car is going in and out of V4 mode. When it does additional valves that are further in the exhaust are closing. The Mild 2 Wild will not defeat them.

I installed a range device and pull the fuse for the rear valves (#42 I think). With the range I get no V4 mode and the fuse pull defeats the valves by the mufflers.

With an A8, I think the M2W is a waste

macjac69 10-10-2018 09:05 PM

I installed mine about 2 months ago I can notice a difference in sound w/on/off using the keyfob at idle. under acceleration all sounds about the same to me lol....

rsvette12 10-10-2018 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Yoggi (Post 1598137622)

I like the way the car sounded on exceleration in tract mode exhaust setting. But at a certain speed it would get quite while cruising. I thought mild to wild would keep the exhaust sound all the time.

Cruising along is normal it will be quieter - we all deal with that unless you spent money on headers - mufflers etc. so as stated M2W does nothing to help making it louder - all it does is let you open the butterfly's at will not make it louder - wish it did I would buy one :)

Maxpowers 10-10-2018 09:47 PM

Mild to Wild just gets you from fuse 42 pulled to back in without lifting the hood. Convenient for us early risers that need to sneak out of the neighbourhood with our suit and ties on at 5AM

saleen556 10-10-2018 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy (Post 1598137741)
Your car is going in and out of V4 mode. When it does additional valves that are further in the exhaust are closing. The Mild 2 Wild will not defeat them.

I installed a range device and pull the fuse for the rear valves (#42 I think). With the range I get no V4 mode and the fuse pull defeats the valves by the mufflers.

With an A8, I think the M2W is a waste

This may have something to do with it. Mines an M7 and I have to shut the valves in the morning so I don’t wake the neighbors.

speed4tu 10-11-2018 08:22 AM

If you have the mild to wild go into settings and set the exhaust to be in quiet mode all the time on the car itself. Then the M2W will make it quiet and loud. Tho it's not gonna be any louder obviously as its not an exhaust or headers..

Konnor1212 10-11-2018 08:51 AM

Can I ask if I have the A8 with the borla xpipe second cat delete would thing be any benefit to installed it.

Yoggi 10-11-2018 09:52 AM

Update- I changed the sound management setting from track to stealth. I can definitively tell the difference when turning the remote on/off. I haven't taken it out for a drive. Too rainy here. Also, there was nothing in my instructions saying the remote off button was pushed to deactivate the valves. I thought the on button would mean you were activating the Wild to Wild feature. But it's opposite.

I was was hoping that with the system set to track, it would keep the valves open while cruising if I so desired. If it doesn't do that, then I really didn't need the M2W.