CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   good vette shop in houston??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4199698-good-vette-shop-in-houston.html)

vettev22 10-11-2018 04:16 PM

good vette shop in houston???

I was hoping some of you houston guys could recommend a good vette shop thats honest and does good work. I’m not looking to get crazy with a supercharger or turbo, just some mods for daily driver..... thx

damascus1986 10-11-2018 06:08 PM

i have had everything done by xcelerate street performance its on the north side billy crawford runs it and has done good work for me and many others. shop number is 281-789-4961. feel free to join xcelerate vettes FB group as well they do weekly vette cruises and meets in facebook its a laid back group with lots of members. i started with headers and tune which was a great first set of mods

Mike77386 10-12-2018 01:15 AM

Frank's Vette's

AORoads 10-12-2018 07:11 AM

VZ Autoworks, and in particular, owner/tech Victor Sellens has been mentioned many times in the past. Others that I've read of are Magnolia Automotive in Magnolia, as well as Fast Automotive in Houston.

PCMusicGuy 10-12-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1598145618)
VZ Autoworks, and in particular, owner/tech Victor Sellens has been mentioned many times in the past. Others that I've read of are Magnolia Automotive in Magnolia, as well as Fast Automotive in Houston.

I would also recommend Victor, but definitely call (and likely leave a voicemail) before you drive to his shop. He has been so busy since it is just him and no help and is keeping the bay doors closed and front door locked to catchup on work.

vettev22 10-12-2018 10:17 AM

what about england/green?

AORoads 10-12-2018 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy (Post 1598146267)
I would also recommend Victor, but definitely call (and likely leave a voicemail) before you drive to his shop. He has been so busy since it is just him and no help and is keeping the bay doors closed and front door locked to catchup on work.

Good info! Thx.

Haven't heard anything lately re England Green but I know Late Model Racecraft is a sponsor/vendor on here. Your decisiion. Do a google search on all suggestions and see what you find on various forums, rating services like yelp, etc.

SUP54 10-13-2018 09:38 AM

Franks Vettes

Corvette World

BMF_C6 10-13-2018 08:34 PM

England Green is my choice - if you are looking for a straight up honest place to take your vette, I would't trust anyone else. Stephen is a jam up guy who gives you straight answers!!!

They stand behind their work and great to deal with.

https://www.englandgreen.com/

Flash_Gordon 10-13-2018 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1598145618)

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy (Post 1598146267)

I also highly recommend Victor at VZ Autoworks. PCMusicGuy is right, though. Victor is a very busy man. That being said, he went out of his way yesterday to squeeze me in for a quick install. While talking with him while he worked, I mentioned the vette running a little hot lately, and he was able to pinpoint the leak and made time to swap out the water pump as well. In the short time I was there, he was even able to find a buyer for the aftermarket parts I was replacing. Can't say enough good things about Victor.

Frank's Vettes is always hit or miss for me. I've had a few good experiences, and a few not so great. That being said, if I needed work done and Victor was too busy, Frank would probably be my next stop.

I haven't used EnglandGreen, but I have talked with Stephen in the past and he's been pretty helpful. I haven't seen Stephen on the forums in a while, and noticed his website is down, so I hope everything's alright. Their Whiplash cams sound pretty awesome.

damascus1986 10-15-2018 04:44 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Xcelerate-S...5250767252298/

vettev22 10-15-2018 08:52 PM

What about a good shop to get a tune?

damascus1986 10-17-2018 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by vettev22 (Post 1598165710)
What about a good shop to get a tune?

i like matt sorian or john smith for tune the shop i mentioned uses both, tune was the first thing i did and it made a noticeable difference

stroker404 10-21-2018 09:42 PM

Auto Empire/Houston Performance Solutions.

Matt Sorian for tuning

jayyyw 10-28-2018 11:49 AM

I'm sure Midnight Performance can do the work as well. They are in Tomball, Tx. Matt Sorian for tuning, for sure.