CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Pair of C1 Corvettes Equal Ultimate Barn Find (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4202695-pair-of-c1-corvettes-equal-ultimate-barn-find.html)

Curated Content Editor 10-17-2018 05:05 PM

Pair of C1 Corvettes Equal Ultimate Barn Find

Pair of C1 Corvettes Equal Ultimate Barn Find
By Brett Foote

Barn find Corvettes are everywhere these days. But how about two unique C1 scores from the same piece of property?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e0041ac625.png

GTOguy 10-17-2018 05:09 PM

Ultimate barn find? I think not.....not by a long, long ways. 235 V-6 engine? REALLY?

csherman 10-17-2018 05:17 PM

last year at Carlisle....

68hemi 10-17-2018 05:44 PM

I just sent the following PM to the OP, it will be interesting to see if I get an answer.

"I am not even sure what Curated means in the context of this site? Are you the editor/owner of this site?

I have complained many times about your posted info and the fact that it more often than not has wrong info regarding C1 and C2 Corvettes and the fact that the "Curated Content Editor" would want their name or this site associated since it should be dedicated to ACCURATE facts about these cars.

I have to think that you never read any of the posts in these forums because often what you are posting about things that have been discussed here previously at length and that you never respond to the comments posted about the mistakes you make.

I think most of the members would prefer you NOT post if you can't get things right as this forum should be the place to go to for CORRECT information regarding these cars.

A response would be nice."

Dan Hampton 10-17-2018 06:25 PM

Perhaps they might be eligible for the NCRS Heritage Award.....I think the one that rests on the trailer was pulled out of the sink hole at Bowling Green.

Curated Content Editor 10-17-2018 07:00 PM

Hi Darryl,

We appreciate your comment and message, and we love to see forum members involved in discussions about our slideshows and posts.
We use reputable sources for our articles and we try to fact check the information as diligently as we can.

If you believe there are any inaccuracies in the information in the article, we would love to hear from you so we can make the corrections necessary. We love Vettes, and our goal is to produce content for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you,
Your friendly neighborhood Curated Content Editor

68hemi 10-17-2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor (Post 1598177602)
Hi Darryl,

We appreciate your comment and message, and we love to see forum members involved in discussions about our slideshows and posts.
We use reputable sources for our articles and we try to fact check the information as diligently as we can.

If you believe there are any inaccuracies in the information in the article, we would love to hear from you so we can make the corrections necessary. We love Vettes, and our goal is to produce content for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you,
Your friendly neighborhood Curated Content Editor

Myself and others HAVE commented on these things in the past directly in the posts you have created. I don't believe we should have to send you a PM to get you to respond. If you post in a discussion forum you should check back to it for feed back regarding your posts.
Thanks for the opened response to my PM. :thumbs:

Curated Content Editor 10-17-2018 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 68hemi (Post 1598177641)
Myself and others HAVE commented on these things in the past directly in the posts you have created. I don't believe we should have to send you a PM to get you to respond. If you post in a discussion forum you should check back to it for feed back regarding your posts.
Thanks for the opened response to my PM. :thumbs:

We hear you. We always try to respond to as many thread posts as we possibly can, and our limited time allows us to.

449er 10-17-2018 07:31 PM

This pic is a year old

3JsVette 10-17-2018 10:00 PM

Over a year has passed and with all the ink these Corvettes have gotten it still shocks me what the red and white car possibly went for. :crazy:

Dan Hampton 10-18-2018 12:09 AM

The article indicates that the cars went for $10K and $20K. One would need a hazmat suit if you were within fifteen feet of that '56. For another $30K, you could have bought a clean, no nonsense '56.

59BlueSilver 10-18-2018 07:07 AM

I wouldn’t give $50 for the both of them!

GEM '62 10-18-2018 07:47 AM

I like the bald snow tires on the front.

Loren Smith 10-18-2018 03:37 PM

I personally enjoy the curated posts and the effort being put forth. Also, including the posts in a thread gives us something entertaining to do as Peer Reviewers.

GTOguy 10-18-2018 03:56 PM

What's left of that '54 has the strangest looking V6 engine I've ever seen...........

ejboyd5 10-18-2018 05:51 PM

The appearance of the name "Curated Content Editor" has always been a strong indication to skip the thread that follows as a complete waste of time. This is yet another example that the number of posts one makes does not equate to reliable expertise and mastery of the subject matter under discussion.

Rattenni 10-18-2018 09:55 PM

‘57 = Chia-Vette

MOXIE62 10-18-2018 11:06 PM

Barn crap.

bb62 10-19-2018 08:54 AM

I cannot imagine that there is anything worthwhile left in those junk heaps. Why would anybody spend a good $30K on something that has no chance at a reasonable restoration is beyond me.

GTOguy 10-19-2018 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by bb62 (Post 1598186369)
I cannot imagine that there is anything worthwhile left in those junk heaps. Why would anybody spend a good $30K on something that has no chance at a reasonable restoration is beyond me.

But....But...they are being billed as 'The Ultimate Barn Find'! Which means it doesn't get any better than this! I was driving my non-ultimate, but garden-variety barn find '61 two or 3 weeks after I drug it home...