CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   ***The Official 2019 Vettes4Vets Talladega Thread!!!*** (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/4203016-the-official-2019-vettes4vets-talladega-thread.html)

XtremeVette 10-18-2018 01:03 PM

***The Official 2019 Vettes4Vets Talladega Thread!!!***

***This is the Official 2019 Vettes4Vets Talladega Thread!!!!***
May 24th and 25th 2019

***EVENT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2019***

Iconic 10-18-2018 01:12 PM

Hell yeah, I'm in.

They are building a new tunnel that enters near turn 3 and that work is supposed to be done before the spring NASCAR race in early May. Some other structural improvements going on in the infield after that.

XtremeVette 10-18-2018 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by US Icon (Post 1598181541)
Hell yeah, I'm in.

They are building a new tunnel that enters near turn 3 and that work is supposed to be done before the spring NASCAR race in early May. Some other structural improvements going on in the infield after that.

Yep looks like it will be done in 2 phases according to Talladega's site. I put the link in the thread.

XtremeVette 10-18-2018 01:27 PM

Yeah here is all the latest information about the Track guys... plenty of quesitons and answers for you.

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.c...d-Project.aspx

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...39668dcf29.png

Iconic 10-18-2018 01:43 PM

I have always liked it when Corvette forum group gets the first session of the day. I will almost certainly buy a minimum of 4 sessions, as others here will too, and going out first, it's easy to work the other 3 in as the day unfolds - often on the fly. Perhaps you already requested CF go out first, thanks Jeff! :cheers:

koreanbeefcake 10-18-2018 02:15 PM

I will be signing up for the first time. I cannot wait!

ceastham1 10-19-2018 07:54 AM

you know i am in ... Ali also ...

SoSlow1 10-19-2018 10:38 PM

And yes I'm in and already booked at the Hampton. It's going to be great to see all the regulars again and welcome the new ones that come on board. Jeff this year when you make up the line up for the groups I would like to run the middle or very last. I'm going to purchase at least 4 sessions this year because no more worry's about over heating automatics for me this year..:thumbs: I'm sure Keith, Mark, Charles and Vince and the New Awlins bunch will join us again this year. I'll be bumming beers off Mike again as usual and giving the "FREEK" and our event organizer a hard time!! Jeff as always I appreciate everything you do to keep us together and organized..:thumbs::rock:

SoSlow1 10-19-2018 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by US Icon (Post 1598181713)
I have always liked it when Corvette forum group gets the first session of the day. I will almost certainly buy a minimum of 4 sessions, as others here will too, and going out first, it's easy to work the other 3 in as the day unfolds - often on the fly. Perhaps you already requested CF go out first, thanks Jeff! :cheers:

And don't forget your going with me on one of mine...:cheers:

Iconic 10-19-2018 11:03 PM

10-4 on the beers Tim. Check. The N'awlins guys were pretty cool, glad to hear they are returning. I hope your kin Justin brings that badass Z28. This will be my 6th year with 4 different Vettes and roughly 300 miles driven on that track and I have never rode in the passenger seat. Calling shotgun dibs with you Tim, but only after the Veterans get their rides. I'll probably bring the same Vette as last year.

Mako72 10-21-2018 11:52 PM

Hi Jeff, Tim clued me in that you had started this thread.
Vince and I plan to make it down again next year.
Also thanks for all your efforts once again. :thumbs:
Charles

GTENIT 10-22-2018 06:13 PM

Gtenit

Oh yea dont forget me cant miss this un fortunately i wont have a new c7 maybe someday not cant see not bringing old blue this time katy wont miss either

ceastham1 10-22-2018 08:57 PM

gotta have old blue !!! great to see all of us together once again !!!

tealex 10-24-2018 10:33 PM

I'm in this time !! I've been complaining about missing last year all year now. It will be great to see everybody again. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this Jeff, see ya in May !

SoSlow1 10-25-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by US Icon (Post 1598191106)
Calling shotgun dibs with you Tim, but only after the Veterans get their rides. I'll probably bring the same Vette as last year.

10-4 on giving the Vet's a ride first..:thumbs: Like you said earlier maybe they will let the Corvette Forum Group go out first which is pretty cool. Between you and Charles I'm always on the look out for a new car to show up..:thumbs:

Originally Posted by Mako72 (Post 1598200708)
Hi Jeff, Tim clued me in that you had started this thread.
Vince and I plan to make it down again next year.
Also thanks for all your efforts once again. :thumbs:
Charles

Hey Charles promise no more rolling shots taken out of one of our Vettes. Now if someone has a SUV I can hitch a ride in the back and shoot out of then we might try that. But I do have an idea from another vantage point at the track I'll go over with everyone once we are there.

Originally Posted by GTENIT (Post 1598205203)
Oh yea dont forget me cant miss this un fortunately i wont have a new c7 maybe someday not cant see not bringing old blue this time katy wont miss either

Glad Katy will join us this year. Is she bringing her own car this year??

Originally Posted by ceastham1 (Post 1598206154)
gotta have old blue !!! great to see all of us together once again !!!

FREEK

Originally Posted by tealex (Post 1598219332)
I'm in this time !! I've been complaining about missing last year all year now. It will be great to see everybody again. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this Jeff, see ya in May !

Glad your coming down again this year tealex. You missed a good one last year..:cool:

Mike_Red 10-25-2018 09:23 PM

I'll be back this year! Bringing a super charged c7 this time. I still get excited when I talk to people about this event. Hoping to bring my father with me this year for a session. If not, I know the wife will be there!

what are the dates?

tascar7 10-26-2018 07:53 AM

I know I'm getting old and the eyesight is fading fast but I can't see a date for this anywhere.
When is it?

Iconic 10-26-2018 08:02 AM

The track day will be May 25, 2019. It is always the Saturday of Memorial weekend.

GTENIT 10-26-2018 10:14 PM

Gtenit

Not sure on katy s car we are putting an overdrive in it next week point will be the tires i thinks they are about 10 years old, and besides don't have a trailer that can pull two cars. Do need to get it to her though has a new paint job and top

ceastham1 10-30-2018 11:13 AM

I'm bringing the "clean engine" FREEK ! with the hidden supercharger !!!