CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   Project C6 track day carit (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/4205968-project-c6-track-day-carit.html)

bullitt4110 10-26-2018 08:01 PM

Project C6 track day carit

About 10 years ago I was working at a Corvette performance shop and boss/friend decided he wanted to build a dedicated road race car out of 2005 C6 that he bought new off the lot. We started the process but life happened, he got married to a military lady and ended up moving to Germany where he now has a successful taxi/ car rental/ hotel at the Nurburgring in Germany called Apex. With that the C6 was left here in northern CA in storage for the past 8-10yrs. He recently decided that it’s a project that he’s lost interest in and isn’t going to happen, so he asked me if I’d like to take on the project. Of course I said yes. I aquired it from him and brought it home. Car has no interior, no engine and the drivetrain is unknown at this point. I purchased a take out LS3 from a 2008 along with the full harness and the interior harness with BCM. I’m still on the fence but if budget allows I’d like to delete the BCM and run a stand-alone abs setup. For now the plan is put a cam in the LS3, get a Z06 drivetrain, most likely LG coilovers, sway bars, spindles etc., still deciding on the brakes and wheels. Interior wise a pair of race seats, cage, fab up a dash and a few gauges. At some point I’d like to go widebody but not a priority at this point. The end goal is to be as lite aand simple as possible as it will most likely be just for fun doing track days. It’s going to be awhile before it’s ready but it should be a fun project with an even funner end reason!

bullitt4110 10-26-2018 08:07 PM

For some reason the forum isn’t letting me upload all the pics but here is one for now

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...29d39071c.jpeg

kevinj0101 10-27-2018 12:23 PM

That's going to be an awesome car when you get it going. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

hungryhippo 11-04-2018 03:06 PM

Need any budget parts? I'm local and have some parts sitting around, z06 oil cooler and lines, z51 radiator, z51 brakes w/titanium shims, ccw c14 wheels w/useable tires, pfadt driver seat mount...

bullitt4110 11-04-2018 09:54 PM

Yes! Mostly interested in the wheels but Pm me with what you have and asking prices. Thanks.

Dane@LGmotorsports 11-08-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by bullitt4110 (Post 1598229903)
About 10 years ago I was working at a Corvette performance shop and boss/friend decided he wanted to build a dedicated road race car out of 2005 C6 that he bought new off the lot. We started the process but life happened, he got married to a military lady and ended up moving to Germany where he now has a successful taxi/ car rental/ hotel at the Nurburgring in Germany called Apex. With that the C6 was left here in northern CA in storage for the past 8-10yrs. He recently decided that it’s a project that he’s lost interest in and isn’t going to happen, so he asked me if I’d like to take on the project. Of course I said yes. I aquired it from him and brought it home. Car has no interior, no engine and the drivetrain is unknown at this point. I purchased a take out LS3 from a 2008 along with the full harness and the interior harness with BCM. I’m still on the fence but if budget allows I’d like to delete the BCM and run a stand-alone abs setup. For now the plan is put a cam in the LS3, get a Z06 drivetrain, most likely LG coilovers, sway bars, spindles etc., still deciding on the brakes and wheels. Interior wise a pair of race seats, cage, fab up a dash and a few gauges. At some point I’d like to go widebody but not a priority at this point. The end goal is to be as lite aand simple as possible as it will most likely be just for fun doing track days. It’s going to be awhile before it’s ready but it should be a fun project with an even funner end reason!

Given the back story I assume you're working with @RichieRichZ06 at Abel on this one? We just did a pretty big 06 C6 build a few months back that he probably has good feedback on.

davidfarmer 11-08-2018 07:48 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2bbf970735.jpg
I love my C6, mine is an 07' LS2. I wish there was an "easy" BCM delete, but I'll deal with it until my only FOB leaves me stranded once and for all. Switching out all of the speed sensors and adding the stand-alone ABS is just wasted, un-budgeted money at the moment for me.

I need Drop-spindles, and that money would go well toward that!

Dane@LGmotorsports 11-08-2018 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by davidfarmer (Post 1598304363)
I love my C6, mine is an 07' LS2. I wish there was an "easy" BCM delete, but I'll deal with it until my only FOB leaves me stranded once and for all. Switching out all of the speed sensors and adding the stand-alone ABS is just wasted, un-budgeted money at the moment for me.

Yes sir that car seems to be missing some LG Diamonds. I'll shoot you a PM in the AM.

bullitt4110 11-11-2018 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports (Post 1598302070)
Given the back story I assume you're working with @RichieRichZ06 at Abel on this one? We just did a pretty big 06 C6 build a few months back that he probably has good feedback on.

yes Rich is one of my good friends. The car will eventually end up with the LG suspension set up. I’m getting ready to install a set of G2 coilovers and sway bars on my C7 Z06. I know the car you’re referring too, it turned out really good and the owner of that car actually purchased my 17’ Grand Sport for his wife.

bullitt4110 11-11-2018 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by davidfarmer (Post 1598304363)

I agree the Bosch unit is out 100% due to the cost, I’ve been talking with G-Speed about the a plug and play unit for the C6 from a e46 bmw (mk60) but they haven’t given me a price yet. The pull out LS3 I purchased, I purchased the BCM and interior harness as well from the car for not much more so that I could eliminate the need for putting it in reverse that was specific to the 05’s. Basically I’ll have an 08 when it’s done. I’ll probably go that route for budget reasons for now just to get the car going.