CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   $169,900, final price confirmed (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4207277-169-900-final-price-confirmed.html)

Zerv02 10-30-2018 08:42 PM

$169,900, final price confirmed
 
$169,900 is a go,

if your in the "under 100k" camp, you will be disappointed.

Let the madness ensue......





And to toss this in, Updated sketch, posted on another thread but the initial catastrophe I made is the one thats making the roundabouts,

UPDATE:
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...97447343b.jpeg

f-16pilotTX 10-30-2018 08:47 PM

I love all the contributions you shared with us Zerv02 but with all of the other evidence and credible sources, I just canít see that happening brotha....

fasttoys 10-30-2018 08:47 PM

Lol I AM out!!!!! good luck GM, Zerv you lost your mind, if your correct GM has lost their mind. Not buying a Chevrolet for 169k. I can buy a preowned 2017 Mclaren 570S for 145k with less than 4K miles and with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. I can buy an Audi R8 for under that price that is a hand built car with a hand built V10. Even the Viper was hand built and came in just at 100k. I know many argue with me and say hand built doesn’t matter sorry assembly line car coming out of BG is no way comparable, even the dealer net work can’t compete, sorry it matters for 95% of the buyers at that price point.

AbsolutHank 10-30-2018 08:49 PM

Probably the highest HP version I would assume

WICKEDFRC 10-30-2018 08:53 PM

For 170k, I certainly hope it looks as good as or better than a 488 with performance to match.

f-16pilotTX 10-30-2018 08:54 PM


Originally Posted by AbsolutHank (Post 1598250751)
Probably the highest HP version I would assume

For sure, GM would lose 3/4 of their buyers. I personally donít see that happening..

dmaxx3500 10-30-2018 08:57 PM

for the top of the line TT 5.5 awd ?

its inline with the ''zr1''

Hillbilly65 10-30-2018 08:57 PM


If thatís the base price or there is no FE still available GM can kiss 2/3 of itís Corvette sales goodbye

pietro c7 10-30-2018 09:01 PM

Wow...Thanks zerv02!!!
You pretty much confirmed your in an asylum somewhere here on planet Earth...


Zerv02 10-30-2018 09:06 PM


Originally Posted by fasttoys (Post 1598250734)
Lol I AM out!!!!! good luck GM, Zerv you lost your mind, if your correct GM has lost their mind. Not buying a Chevrolet for 169k. I can buy a preowned 2017 Mclaren 570S for 145k with less than 4K miles and with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. I can buy an Audi R8 for under that price that is a hand built car with a hand built V10. Even the Viper was hand built and came in just at 100k. I know many argue with me and say hand built doesnít matter sorry assembly line car coming out of BG is no way comparable, even the dealer net work canít compete, sorry it matters for 95% of the buyers at that price point.

Really? And what do you have to say in regards to Ford and their GT car? Troves of people lining up and hoping to be one the lucky few to land an allocation and drop over 500k?

(Not saying this vehicle will be on par with the GT, nor will it be a halo model)

tolnep 10-30-2018 09:06 PM

final price of what?.....

Corvette ED 10-30-2018 09:07 PM

For the top of the line 1000hp car, that price would be good. I see the base mid-engine car having a base price of $65,000

Zerv02 10-30-2018 09:08 PM


Originally Posted by Hillbilly65 (Post 1598250802)

If thatís the base price or there is no FE still available GM can kiss 2/3 of itís Corvette sales goodbye

This will be a global car, an American GT to compete/rival the likes of Porsche, Mclaren, the Italians ext.

pietro c7 10-30-2018 09:08 PM

I guess that fancy steering wheel and lined up buttons on the right side of the centre console ,that you saw ,couldnít come in cheap....
I should have known.

HooosierDaddy 10-30-2018 09:10 PM


Originally Posted by tolnep (Post 1598250852)
final price of what?.....

a very nice starter home!

HooosierDaddy 10-30-2018 09:12 PM


Originally Posted by Zerv02 (Post 1598250858)
This will be a global car, an American GT to compete/rival the likes of Porsche, Mclaren, the Italians ext.

I'm not doubting you on this as I have no way to know one way or the other, but do you have a source you can provide... a link?

ByByBMW 10-30-2018 09:12 PM


This will be a global car, an American GT to compete/rival the likes of Porsche, Mclaren, the Italians ext.
At $170K I will go with a Porsche.

Fore58 10-30-2018 09:12 PM

​​​​​​Who and where is the source of information?

FinsterforstFan 10-30-2018 09:13 PM

If it looks good and performs good I’m willing to pay that much, but the camo cars are not inspiring confidence in me.

Zerv02 10-30-2018 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by pietro c7 (Post 1598250863)
I guess that fancy steering wheel and lined up buttons on the right side of the centre console ,that you saw ,couldn’t come in cheap....
I should have known.

Oh, you mean theseeeeeee fancy buttons? :thumbs:

All jokes aside, the quality is definitely a big step up, you have my word (which is worth nothing to you at this point (-_-)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...97447343b.jpeg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands