CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Your thoughts on this 1963 Split Window (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4208045-your-thoughts-on-this-1963-split-window.html)

Vintage Steel 11-01-2018 11:18 PM

Your thoughts on this 1963 Split Window

Hello. I am new to the forum and looking for feedback on my 1963 Corvette Split Window. I know it is not for you purists. However, I am looking for honest feedback (good or bad). I built the car to take to auction. I am building another and thought I would get some input from the crowd. Thank you in advance. Here is the link to the auction listing:

http://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1118-334...-window-coupe/

Again, Thank you for your input both good and bad.

firstgear 11-01-2018 11:36 PM

Top dollar builds have a chassis built by SRIII or other supplier.
Didn’t see power windows
The stingray on top of the car isn’t evenly applied
would have liked to see headers as opposed to cast iron manifolds
radiused wheel wells and flared

This will hold back the money. Couldn’t see the entire engine bay, but what I could looked messy. Loved the FI setup you have.

Robert61 11-02-2018 12:29 AM

I hope you'll post the results from the action. It will be interesting to see what buyers are willing to put up.

ptjsk 11-02-2018 12:32 AM

Is this the one that's near, or in El Dorado Hills, CA?

Pat

Vintage Steel 11-02-2018 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Robert61 (Post 1598264676)
I hope you'll post the results from the action. It will be interesting to see what buyers are willing to put up.

Yes, I will post the results.

elwood13 11-02-2018 12:41 AM

Definitely unique. It may be the camera angle, but I think the rear tire looks a little forward in the rear wheel well. As Firstgear said that FI is sweet. I’m new to all this so I’m not sure how far you have to go to get top dollar. As in if you have to go all out on a restomod or can you accomplish it somewhere in the middle. Welcome to the site by the way and not everyone here is a purist.

Vintage Steel 11-02-2018 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by ptjsk (Post 1598264682)
Is this the one that's near, or in El Dorado Hills, CA?

Pat

Hi Pat, I am not sure which 1963 you are referring to but it is located in Northern California.

ptjsk 11-02-2018 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Steel (Post 1598264699)
Hi Pat, I am not sure which 1963 you are referring to but it is located in Northern California.

I was referring to yours. The one that you built. I thought I remembered seeing it on Craigslist and showing up in El Dorado Hills.

Anyway, good luck at the auction. I hope you do well!

Pat

Vintage Steel 11-02-2018 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by elwood13 (Post 1598264698)
Definitely unique. It may be the camera angle, but I think the rear tire looks a little forward in the rear wheel well. As Firstgear said that FI is sweet. I’m new to all this so I’m not sure how far you have to go to get top dollar. As in if you have to go all out on a restomod or can you accomplish it somewhere in the middle. Welcome to the site by the way and not everyone here is a purist.

Thank you for the input and your kind welcome. I am glad to hear non-purists are welcome here as well.

elwood13 11-02-2018 12:49 AM

Forgot to add, good luck with your sale. Mine won’t be stock but won’t be a full blown restomod either. It’s just being built the way my son and I like as he will inherit the car one day. Like the seats also.

Drothgeb 11-02-2018 07:48 AM

Nice looking car. FI setup looks great! I’m not a fan of black wheels, but they do look good. A 5 or 6 speed would be nice over the 4 speed. Good luck with the auction.

hedgehead 11-02-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Drothgeb (Post 1598265276)
. A 5 or 6 speed would be nice over the 4 speed. Good luck with the auction.

:iagree:

Vintage Steel 11-02-2018 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Drothgeb (Post 1598265276)
Nice looking car. FI setup looks great! I’m not a fan of black wheels, but they do look good. A 5 or 6 speed would be nice over the 4 speed. Good luck with the auction.

Great advice. I will put a 6 speed in the split window I am currently building. I should have it finished by January. Thank you again for the input.

Factoid 11-02-2018 02:56 PM

I like it, but both of my Corvettes are modified. I’ve never been a fan of flares on coupes as it ruins the beltline and makes the roof look small. However, that’s just me and they don’t look horrible on this car. I agree on the 5 or 6 speed comment. I always stacks on an engine. What are you using for air filters? Tea strainers look great, but at best keep birds, small children and Mustangs from being sucked into the intake. Other options tend to look clunky and detract from the overall look.

i think you did a really nice job on the car, best of luck on the auction!

MikeM 11-02-2018 03:26 PM

You asked. I'll oblige. I think the whole car is fugly including the worst part, the wheels/tires. Mild flares on a midyear look good. Those don't. The gawdy flares, the paint design and the wheels/tires all take away from the lines of a midyear. Left front headlight door doesn't fit.

What you did under the hood looks good to me. Real good but I have no idea what it is.

Would I buy it? No. Not my kind of car. Maybe for others?

Good luck on your auction.

Don't forget. You asked.

MOXIE62 11-02-2018 03:47 PM

The SWC is the coolest design corvette on the road. I know it's probably for bigger tires but putting flares on a classic design is criminal.

GTOguy 11-02-2018 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 1598268040)
You asked. I'll oblige. I think the whole car is fugly including the worst part, the wheels/tires. Mild flares on a midyear look good. Those don't. The gawdy flares, the paint design and the wheels/tires all take away from the lines of a midyear. Left front headlight door doesn't fit.

What you did under the hood looks good to me. Real good but I have no idea what it is.

Don't forget. You asked.

I'm with Mike 100%. I will add that I like the shifter and interior. The wheels, paint scheme, and flares kill it for me. I'm not a purist, either, but I know what I like. Good luck with the sale.

Vintage Steel 11-02-2018 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 1598268040)

Don't forget. You asked.

Thank you for the feedback. I know the look is not for everyone.

Drothgeb 11-02-2018 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Steel (Post 1598264708)
I am glad to hear non-purists are welcome here as well.

Depends on who you ask. Me, I like them stock to restomod. Some others, not so much.

In looking at your engine bay again, a set of polished Corvette valve covers would look nice.

firstgear 11-02-2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Steel (Post 1598267765)
Great advice. I will put a 6 speed in the split window I am currently building. I should have it finished by January. Thank you again for the input.

I should have suggested to look on the web sites of the two big auction houses to see what gets good money vs what doesn’t. If you are building to see as opposed to keep you really should look what people are buying.....IMO