CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   Charleston DoubleTree Hotel (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/4208478-charleston-doubletree-hotel.html)

javenius 11-03-2018 09:46 AM

Charleston DoubleTree Hotel

Headed to this hotel in the historic district of Charleston in a couple of days. They have valet parking only under the hotel. . Called there a few weeks ago and asked if I could park my own car. Was politely told no "we have expensive cars here all the time".

I will put it in valet mode but I'm more concerned about them hitting the nose on a high curb or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Thanks
Jim

S.C. vette 11-04-2018 05:05 AM

Member Contact forum Sox-Fan, he may know, or know someone here who can help.

2xsl_1998 11-04-2018 09:18 AM

We actually stayed there earlier this year, and there is a nice large public parking area just across the street from it. Since we were basically walking everywhere, I just parked in that lot and was able to find a nice spot and didn't use the hotel valet. From what I can recall there wasn't much difference in price either.

javenius 11-04-2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by 2xsl_1998 (Post 1598275826)
We actually stayed there earlier this year, and there is a nice large public parking area just across the street from it. Since we were basically walking everywhere, I just parked in that lot and was able to find a nice spot and didn't use the hotel valet. From what I can recall there wasn't much difference in price either.

Thanks! Is the neighborhood safe enough to leave the car in that open lot for the few days we'll be there?

mtaxman 11-04-2018 09:39 AM

Do a walk around video as you check in....tell manager you have documented the condition and mileage, show him the car or video...particularly the front splitter.
Can't be too careful...or park across the street as suggested above.
Enjoy Charleston; great city.

2xsl_1998 11-04-2018 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by javenius (Post 1598275925)
Thanks! Is the neighborhood safe enough to leave the car in that open lot for the few days we'll be there?

Well there are definitely a lot of people in the area, but we didn't have any issues and we stayed there for 3 days. Left the car in that parking area the whole time, but I was able to find a good parking spot on the end of a row so no real fear of door dings, etc.

Take a look at it on Google maps and see what you think. You can zoom right in on the parking lot and pick out your spot in advance, LOL!

Sox-Fan 11-04-2018 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by S.C. vette (Post 1598275182)
Member Contact forum Sox-Fan, he may know, or know someone here who can help.

Thanks for the shout out.

I haven't stayed at the Double Tree, but I can ask around. I do know some people that work in that neighborhood. It is true that most of the places in that area have had a number of expensive cars come visit, and generally do a good job of it. Just be sure to point out the valet how low the nose is. As mentioned there are a number of other places to park that may make you more comfortable.

When is your stay going to be?

javenius 11-04-2018 07:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. We arrive Tuesday 11/6 and leave Thursday 11/8.

Jim Avenius

Sox-Fan 11-06-2018 04:25 PM

I'd suppose your here by now. Sorry for being tardy. Had a difficult day yesterday.

Anyhow, I asked around, but none of the folks I know were familiar with the valet service there, so I'm afraid I don't have much to offer.

Please enjoy your stay. Weather looks good, maybe a shower on thursday.

javenius 11-08-2018 06:05 PM

Thanks for all the replies. We had a great few days in Charleston. The Double Tree was a great central location and the valet parking was great. They took great care with the car. Watched the on board valet videos and there was no issues.

Jim