CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   HPI Injector Data (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/4209517-hpi-injector-data.html)

tobb14 11-06-2018 08:33 AM

HPI Injector Data

Has anyone purchased and tuned the HPI injectors. I'm trying to get some help loading injector data into HP tuners. I started out trying to load the injector flow rate vs pressure data. When I went to copy and paste the flowrate data I noticed the manifold vacuum (KPA) numbers were listed differently than what was loaded in hp tuners:

a. HPI has them listed as 0 5 10 15 20 25 etc. in multiples of 5

b. HP tuner software starts at 128 148 168 188 etc in multiples of 20.

How do I get the kpa numbers in hp tuners to match up with my newly purchased HPI injector data.

ZincGT 11-06-2018 11:04 AM

If you are talking about "High Performance Injectors" I had nothing but bad luck with them. I tried a set of their 160s, it was a battle to get it to idle and right before 2k this year 2 of my injectors decided not to seal so they would consistently drip fuel into the cylinder. They also come apart very easy, they would separate when i would remove the fuel rail and I would have to fish the top part out of the rail. Overnighted a set of ID1700s and havent looked back, drive ability is night and day.

tobb14 11-06-2018 11:59 AM

That is really sucky news to hear. Because this is my first build from start to finish I purchased everything early and my time to return them has expired. There has to be someone out there that has had success with them or they would have been out of business by now. Another subscriber that communicate with also stated that they were pieces of junk. I'm way past the get my money back stage and really looking for solutions on how to get them loaded correctly in the software.

Mike@DiabloSport 11-06-2018 12:09 PM

If the injectors at least work, you can dial them in with some extensive logging. Not everyone has the luxury of starting with known data. Its much preferred, but not impossible to do with out it.
The bigger issue you see with cheap injectors is that no amount of tuning can make a junk injector behave properly...

ZincGT 11-06-2018 05:27 PM

The biggest issue I had was a massive lean hiccup on tip in, I spent hours trying to get it right and never could.

tobb14 11-06-2018 07:57 PM

HPI Injectors

Man, is there any good news to these injectors. Everyone that has responded has done so in an negative light. I pray that my tuner gets it right. I will have to ride this set out for a few months until I can afford to get new ones

G8Pumpkin 11-12-2018 09:30 AM

Just in the process of rebuilding the top end of mine and for injectors I bought Deatschwerks from Summit and if you search around Deatschwerks web site there is complete injector data available which is why I went with this brand could not find the data for anybody elses. They have a complete excel spreadsheet with tons of data that can be imported into HP tuners.

Myhardtop 01-25-2019 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport (Post 1598288726)
If the injectors at least work, you can dial them in with some extensive logging. Not everyone has the luxury of starting with known data. Its much preferred, but not impossible to do with out it.
The bigger issue you see with cheap injectors is that no amount of tuning can make a junk injector behave properly...

Well said - amen to that!

Thanks,
Carlos :thumbs:

phils C5 vette 03-02-2019 12:50 PM

Dependent on your LS3 build, sometimes it just as cheap to pick up a set of used LS9 GM injectors and install them with the GM data.

The homework is done for you and you dont have to worry about drilled out injectors with no data.

Ive used LS9 injectors a couple dozen times without issue on LS3 builds. It just depends on your HP gains.

Outside that I used FIC and ID injectors that provide injector data. I cant tell you how many hours Ive wasted with "popular" brands that just drill out the injectors and say enter XX LBs in the Flow rate vs pressure table and just keep logging it.

Spend a couple hundred bucks on injectors like you would with dual valve springs on your build.

Unreal 03-11-2019 04:22 PM

As for the OP, just edit the table axis to match for what you have.

Joshua Mccoy 06-22-2020 06:56 PM

How much do you love your car and how long do you want to keep it. I bought these injectors, only had them for a year. One of injectors got stuck today and damn near blew my car up. Flames screaming out of tail pipe. Stay away from hpi injectors.