CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Tyler Chevrolet - Niles Michigan Dealer Vehicle Abuse (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4210405-tyler-chevrolet-niles-michigan-dealer-vehicle-abuse.html)

Jvm728 11-08-2018 03:45 PM

Tyler Chevrolet - Niles Michigan Dealer Vehicle Abuse

First time poster, long time lurker.

Just got my first Corvette last week, 2016 M7 Z06 2LZ. Was able to buy one that was already done the way I would do it and save a few dollars. Has intake, headers, x-pipe, tune, lowered on bolts, wheels; its truly beautiful. Matt Dibinetto's old car (thanks @mattdracing ).

Welp, it had an open recall for the ole airbag/seatbelt tensioner. NHTSA Recall Number: 16V651 Manufacturer Recall Number: 2016007. Called yesterday, Dakota, the service advisor got me scheduled to drop it off this morning and it will be finished before days end. I wanted to get this done before snowfall.

Dropped it off, Dakota was nice, seemed like a decent little dealership. Called at noon, no update. Received phone call at 2pm and it was ready. Well, the car was actually ready and in the parking lot at 11am. I enabled PDR + Valet and got videos of the car being moved, snooped at (checking out headers and intake), then the service. Update is done in about 10 minutes. Then, the car is headed out for a good ole dealer tech joyride. Fishtail, redline, 90mph in 45mph zone, 90mph on US 12, 2nd and 3rd gear pull. Rear end goes out a few times. Swerving and driving on wrong side of road, Incredible.

No audio, - I guess because audio is disabled in valet mode the valet videos don't capture it, but normal PDR videos do. Hm.

Emailed GM/Chevrolet for Dealer/Service Concern. We'll see what they say. I think the Owner's behavior and excuses of "anytime we do maintenance we do a test drive to look for lights and check mechanical function" is bogus. Flashing a software update on the airbag controller has nothing to do with engine transmission or mechanical function. He said they wouldn't have taken it out for tire inflation or for carwash <- I used those examples as other non-mechanical services. So stupid. I'm 100% confident if it was my Yukon or Sierra it wouldn't have been taken out at all, nor flogged on.

Any stories/resolutions from other members?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...bf36fdf384.jpg
Tech driver joyride man
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...6118f2d8cd.png
As delivered out front
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...40dc8984ac.png
Coming off of the trailer

01Defense 11-09-2018 06:29 AM

He should be fired!! Check your tires Can you determine if he disabled traction control? Maybe onstar has some info. GLWT situation

Jvm728 11-09-2018 07:43 AM

i don’t think he did, but maybe

23/C8Z 11-09-2018 07:44 AM

Go to dealer request meeting with dealer principal.

Transfer a copy of the pdr videos onto a device you can play the videos on.

bring said device eg. a laptop or tablet you can play the video on.

dress at a minimum business casual. Speak clearly, firmly but respectful.

Go with the exact compensation you seek.

let the dealer principal know that you have NOT YET posted anything about this on social media or gone to the local news stations etc. But with the amount of views you could get on YouTube you could make a few thousand or more.

And see what happens.

Becaise the car is modded powertrain warranty is moot point but the rest if the car could be covered under an extended one and that is big $$$$.

Maybe new rear tires or cash equivalent? Next 10 oil changes free? You have to cone up with it. Maybe you can get a credit and use it on another gm product there (Chevy can service GMC etc it's up to individual dealer and level of competent techs that can do the work on another sub brand of GM).

if that doesn't work message all the big YouTubers give them the video unless you have your own YouTube account and put it up everywhere Facebook local news stations you name it will get a lot of views if what you're saying is accurate trust me that dealership does not want that publicity.

and you shouldn't speak to anybody but the dealer principal in a one-on-one meeting because everybody underneath Him is just going to try to get you out the door with the least amount of compensation or apology eg a GM or other manager.

that's terrible. Very glad my dealer is so good.

ps. Did you deal directly with the service manager or just a service advisor? I made it a point to only build my service manager and I tip him well and the tech that works on my car call the Corvette tax whatever you will but the one thing I don't have to worry about when my car is there it's always moved to a private area when completed in doors alone locked up. And only two people move the car the service manager and the one Tech that's it I would trust either of those guys to take my car home it probably helps that both of them on Corvette LOL.

let us know how you make out.

+++ Just watched your video.. most you could hope for is the tech's apology and maybe an oil change. He shouldnt have done it. It's a scumbag move but he didnt do anything that any reasonable person is going to consider harmful (other than violate some MV statutes). And the police aren't gonna do a thing to him you would have to sign the complaints. Why would you? To make an enemy?

09Z06pj 11-09-2018 09:33 AM

Absolutely ridiculous. There's no way the dealership can justify what that tech did. There was no reason for him to take the car out for that length of time based on the service performed.:nonod:

iw172 11-09-2018 10:08 AM

Awful! like seeing a video of a dude having his way w/your woman... smh

Jvm728 11-09-2018 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by iw172 (Post 1598306749)
Awful! like seeing a video of a dude having his way w/your woman... smh

ha. Good point.

Jalopnik wrote an article. The new info from the dealer is hilarious. Incompetent

https://jalopnik.com/dealership-take...ide-1830339251

thelastday 11-09-2018 03:35 PM

Insane...

Gvnski 11-09-2018 04:35 PM

Watched your video, don't see the big deal I think you are grasping at straws.:confused2:

Red Devil 11-09-2018 05:09 PM

He can't be very smart knowing that these cars have PDR's, unless he thinks he hasn't done anything wrong. Also he can't drive standard worth a shit as he's in seventh gear doing 50 miles an hour, I can't even get my Z out of 3rd LOL.

the kid C6 11-09-2018 05:56 PM

Has the dealer offered any compensation?
You'd think the tech would have remembered about valet mode ...

dvilin 11-09-2018 06:01 PM

I would not be pleased but not sure what action you can take other than the dealer terminating the tech or discipline him in some other way.

tertiumquid 11-09-2018 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gvnski (Post 1598309198)
Watched your video, don't see the big deal I think you are grasping at straws.:confused2:

You might have a different attitude if it was your car and the idiot driving it whacked into another car, hit somebody or bounced off a curb. As any of us with Z's are aware, unless you know how to handle them, a novice or dumb kid can easily loose control, especially if they decide to turn off the nannies and see how well they can smoke your tires. Why so many people today are so willing to shrug off or accept misbehavior is a mystery to me.

Gvnski 11-09-2018 07:49 PM

Maybe you watched a different video than me, I didn't see him whack into another car, hit anybody or bounce off a curb. I don't know that he was a novice or a kid.
I also didn't see him turn off nannies or see how well he could smoke the tires. And you are right, it wasn't my car.

Jvm728 11-09-2018 08:28 PM

my frustration is when he turns on 933, thru the stoplight after the van moves out of the way, he punches it and breaks them loose. after that, its 90mph, driving in the other lane for no apparent reason (i bet texting his friends), then on US12 for a 2nd gear pull to redline, another 90mph, and back home to dealer. all while done after the paperwork was closed out with the correct give-back mileage, rendering it incorrect. then the walkaway, looking at the car saying 'wow' is a problem. shows intent on why it was driven.

dealer offered nothing other than sorry (that we were caught!)

BOBSZ857 11-09-2018 08:35 PM

Sorry that you have to go through all this BS. I have learned since I bought my Z that when it goes to the Dealership, I wait for it. I have been fortunate and have had good experiences and the Techs have been good. I also ask to do a walk around the car before and after. Maybe a little anal to some, but it seems to work for me. Good Luck.

trevor90 11-09-2018 08:43 PM

so when you enable pdr in valet mode, i'm assuming the screen doesn't come on? but it's recording?

and side note, that car looks so sick

tertiumquid 11-09-2018 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gvnski (Post 1598310203)
Maybe you watched a different video than me, I didn't see him whack into another car, hit anybody or bounce off a curb. I don't know that he was a novice or a kid.
I also didn't see him turn off nannies or see how well he could smoke the tires. And you are right, it wasn't my car.

You missed the point...completely. "If" was the operative word; it could easily have happened and if it was your car, you'd be the one complaining.

Mr. Gizmo 11-09-2018 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jvm728 (Post 1598310368)
my frustration is when he turns on 933, thru the stoplight after the van moves out of the way, he punches it and breaks them loose. after that, its 90mph, driving in the other lane for no apparent reason (i bet texting his friends), then on US12 for a 2nd gear pull to redline, another 90mph, and back home to dealer. all while done after the paperwork was closed out with the correct give-back mileage, rendering it incorrect. then the walkaway, looking at the car saying 'wow' is a problem. shows intent on why it was driven.

dealer offered nothing other than sorry (that we were caught!)

make it known on social media, Facebook or any other venues that the dealer took your car on a joy ride. Get a sign made and walk back and forth in front of the dealership.

RegnaR 11-09-2018 09:08 PM

This is all over already. Saw this on jalopnik and another site today