CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Suggestion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4210541-suggestion.html)

C2C3C4C6 11-08-2018 11:48 PM

Suggestion

Suggestion for GM...keep the C7 with Chevy even upgrading the FE car to a C8 and beyond. Sell the new ME through Cadillac (can't see a $160k+ car being handled by Chevy dealerships) call it a Zora, Manta Ray, whatever, but make it a high end hyper car product under the banner of your premium line.

ACCHRM 11-09-2018 12:33 AM

Suggestion, it's a Chevy, they would not sell it under another brand, get over it. the C8 won't be 160+ unless you are looking at the top of the line car that would eventually come out years from now. It's a Corvette, it will ALWAYS be a Chevrolet.

BIG Dave 11-09-2018 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6 (Post 1598305415)
Suggestion for GM...keep the C7 with Chevy even upgrading the FE car to a C8 and beyond. Sell the new ME through Cadillac (can't see a $160k+ car being handled by Chevy dealerships) call it a Zora, Manta Ray, whatever, but make it a high end hyper car product under the banner of your premium line.

A heavily optioned 2019 ZR1 comes in around $145K. What’s another $15K?

fasttoys 11-09-2018 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by BIG Dave (Post 1598305604)

Death to the brand if the base ME starts at that price, In the end it would be a fast Chevy for 169k+. It would be like buying an overpriced Citizen watch at a Rolex price, both tell time but one is a true luxury brand while the other is not. Speed, looks and engine placement dosen't make it worth triple the current C7 base price. People its a Chevrolet being serviced at your local chevy dealer. Step into a Porsche dealer or equivalent they are built to handle the higher price point experience not Chevrolet.

tooold2race 11-09-2018 11:22 AM

For what it's worth.... I don't think that the folks at GM are going to abandon the 'flat earth' whiners..... They spent a fortune on the Kentucky plant to improve the paint shop and build several Corvette variants.... the new and improved C7 starting in the high $50's, a ME C8 going for somewhere below $100K nicely equipped, a Cadillac luxury variant, and, of course. several different high performance supercars. I predict that the C7 will be around for several more model years to keep the 'slow adapters' happy.

There is nothing wrong with the FE C7. If some of the new high tech stuff we're speculating that is in store for the C8 trickles down to the C7 over the next couple years, it will make both models a bit more affordable in the grand scheme of things and keep the FE fresh.

When we look at the C8 and the technology that everyone is predicting will be packaged in it, I really can't see how a nicely appointed model can go out the dealers door with a sticker price much under $100K. Either way, I'm not giving up my place in line. But PLEASE GM, don't go cheap on the car just to meet some crazy low perceived market entry price point.

Foosh 11-09-2018 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by BIG Dave (Post 1598305604)

And the demand is only 2K per year at that price. That's not going to work.

TRT SR 11-09-2018 02:40 PM

Seems to me if they were going to keep the front engine C7 style around we would have seen some updated models running around under camo to protect the new look? For price, they now can make a C7 to sell for $65k all the way up to the $140k ZR1, don't we think they could and will do the same for the mid-engine? You want the look and style of the mid engine, yes sir we can do that at lower price. Oh, you want the top model with twin turbo V8 with hybrid powering the front wheels with all the bells and whistles...here you go! Price $170k. Not complicated for GM to make this happen. My 2011 Grand Sport was what I could afford at the time, and had the look of its more expensive cousin. Then, I waited until 2015 to get the real deal Z06. Might have to do the same thing again!

fyreline 11-09-2018 07:12 PM

No more C7's once the C8 comes on line. GM will not be building two different Corvettes, and it won't start anywhere even close to $160,000. GM didn't invest multi-millions in the sole Corvette assembly plant in order to sell a handful of six-figure cars.

Stingcan 11-12-2018 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by tooold2race (Post 1598307260)
For what it's worth.... I don't think that the folks at GM are going to abandon the 'flat earth' whiners..... They spent a fortune on the Kentucky plant to improve the paint shop and build several Corvette variants.... the new and improved C7 starting in the high $50's, a ME C8 going for somewhere below $100K nicely equipped, a Cadillac luxury variant, and, of course. several different high performance supercars. I predict that the C7 will be around for several more model years to keep the 'slow adapters' happy.

There is nothing wrong with the FE C7. If some of the new high tech stuff we're speculating that is in store for the C8 trickles down to the C7 over the next couple years, it will make both models a bit more affordable in the grand scheme of things and keep the FE fresh.

When we look at the C8 and the technology that everyone is predicting will be packaged in it, I really can't see how a nicely appointed model can go out the dealers door with a sticker price much under $100K. Either way, I'm not giving up my place in line. But PLEASE GM, don't go cheap on the car just to meet some crazy low perceived market entry price point.

Are you kidding me? The corvette is only in existence due to the low attainable starting point. The majority of the cars sold are base models - how is this a perceived notion? and the only way they can sell it there and make it worthwhile for them is due to volume which you have at an attainable price point, otherwise say bye bye to the vette.

Frankie2blue 11-12-2018 12:57 PM

Dealership service will always be a problem. As a long time Cadillac owner, i can attest to the fact that their service is not any better than Chevrolet. What they should do is only have a few people that are qualified on working on Corvettes, including oil changes. I know that everyone of the good dealers has a tech that works on Corvettes, but as soon as he is busy on other jobs, they have the high school dropout changing your oil on your 125K Corvette.

elegant 11-12-2018 01:45 PM

Maybe at your dealership, but not at mine. I “fired” two Chevy dealerships for poor treatment of my Corvette, but after exhaustive researching, got one right now that is beyond excellent. Only the service manager or the Tech who always works on my car, is even allowed to drive it. There are no “lots boys or girls” at my dealership, nor entry oil changers.

We do not go to the nearest lawyer for advice, nor to the nearest dentist, nor go to the closest restaurant. We all make informed choices and drive past a bunch of folks and places we do not trust nor choose.

Similarly, I drive by two Chevy dealerships to get to mine which is 38 miles away from me, to get the best for my Corvette — and for my total piece of mind.

BIG Dave 11-12-2018 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1598308122)
And the demand is only 2K per year at that price. That's not going to work.

Originally Posted by fasttoys (Post 1598305633)

Death to the brand if the base ME starts at that price, In the end it would be a fast Chevy for 169k+. It would be like buying an overpriced Citizen watch at a Rolex price, both tell time but one is a true luxury brand while the other is not. Speed, looks and engine placement dosen't make it worth triple the current C7 base price. People its a Chevrolet being serviced at your local chevy dealer. Step into a Porsche dealer or equivalent they are built to handle the higher price point experience not Chevrolet.

Not sure either of you understood my response. I was replying to C2C3C4C6 who said, "can't see a $160k+ car being handled by Chevy dealerships". My point was, if Chevy dealerships are already handling service for $145K ZR1 Corvettes, why can't they handle service for a $160K Corvette, which is only $15K more?

Skid Row Joe 11-12-2018 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by fyreline (Post 1598310020)
No more C7's once the C8 comes on line. GM will not be building two different Corvettes, and it won't start anywhere even close to $160,000. GM didn't invest multi-millions in the sole Corvette assembly plant in order to sell a handful of six-figure cars.

​​​​​​​^^^^ This.

Skid Row Joe 11-12-2018 03:53 PM

Please share this Chevrolet dealer for Corvette service with us. Thank y
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b69a94dcc0.png
​​​​​​​ou!

C2C3C4C6 11-16-2018 12:00 PM

Should not have to do that.

TBIRD57 11-16-2018 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ACCHRM (Post 1598305527)
Suggestion, it's a Chevy, they would not sell it under another brand, get over it. the C8 won't be 160+ unless you are looking at the top of the line car that would eventually come out years from now. It's a Corvette, it will ALWAYS be a Chevrolet.

odd, no chevy bow tie nor the word chevrolet on the exterior to SHOUT this is a Chevrolet.
Rumors of Corvette spin-offs and their own showroom is the way to go imo.