CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   "$169,900, final price confirmed" Proven False (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4211646-169-900-final-price-confirmed-proven-false.html)

tcinla 11-12-2018 03:57 PM

"$169,900, final price confirmed" Proven False

Hey all,

In light of the many many responses to a certain forum member's (a recent addition to the forum as of August, cough) claim of a $169,900 MSRP for the upcoming ME vette (again "Confirmed"...), I thought : "What can I do to bring positive energy and clarity to this B.S.?" Well, I just started looking around the InterWebs to see what other "confirmations" are out there and if anything backs this up. So I came to the conclusion that the 'wisdom of the crowd' is right much more than it is not. Common Sense being what it is and all. I happened upon one source which carries the air of "They know what the heck they are talking about" about them.
The key indicator of B.S. on the part of the poster of the "$169,000 confirmed" claim comes in the last paragraph of the above piece:
  • "Previous reports from well-sourced automotive journalists indicated a mid-engine Corvette base price to be much, much lower. We’re talking not much more than what the current C7 Corvette is today. That said, a recent curve ball of a mysterious key fob could have this $170,000 claim cross-wired with a mid-engine Cadillac – which we also can’t say for sure is true."
Now, to be fair, the above is not true insider information like the released CAD drawings we've all seen but then, neither is the $169,900 price ("confirmed") insider info either. And, at least, GMAuthority has more of a relationship with GM than does a certain Troll I'm thinking of... So, who is more credible? GMAuthority who's willing to provide some amount of backup info/reference or you-know-who?

What say you forum members? Do we end the propagation of trolls or do we let them thrive?

MitchAlsup 11-12-2018 04:00 PM

Anyone and everyone who thinks the base price is over $70K should eat a straw hat live and on video.

Foosh 11-12-2018 04:05 PM

No need for another thread. Only 8% or so cling to that crazy fantasy. The vast majority on the other thread are just there for comic relief.

tcinla 11-12-2018 04:09 PM

I'm shooting for the 8%. Never leave a fellow Vetter behind!

:-)

Zaro Tundov 11-12-2018 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by tcinla (Post 1598323738)
Hey all,

In light of the many many responses to a certain forum member (a recent addition to the forum as of August, cough) claim of a $169,900 MSRP for the upcoming ME vette (again "Confirmed"...), I thought "What can I do to bring positive energy and clarity to this B.S.?" Well, I just started looking around the InterWebs to see what other "confirmations" are out there and if anything backs this up. So I came to the conclusion that the 'wisdom of the crowd' is right much more than it is not. Common Sense being what it is and all. I happened upon one source which carries the air of "They know what the heck they are talking about" about them.
The key indicator of B.S. on the part of the poster of the "$169,000 confirmed" claim comes in the last paragraph of the above piece:
  • "Previous reports from well-sourced automotive journalists indicated a mid-engine Corvette base price to be much, much lower. We’re talking not much more than what the current C7 Corvette is today. That said, a recent curve ball of a mysterious key fob could have this $170,000 claim cross-wired with a mid-engine Cadillac – which we also can’t say for sure is true."
Now, to be fair, the above is not true insider information like the released CAD drawings we've all seen but then, neither is the $169,900 price ("confirmed") insider info either. And, at least, GMAuthority has more of relationship with GM than does a certain Troll I'm thinking of... So, who is more credible? GMAuthority who's willing to provide some amount of backup info/reference or you-know-who?

What say you forum members? Do we end the propagation of trolls or do we let them thrive?

Nice to see common sense prevail. Now we need to kill the Cadillac FOB rumor. Please everyone, compare the secret FOB to current Cadillac FOBs. You'll see that the secret FOB is not a modern FOB design for GM. It's a programmable FOB for captured fleet testing, like how the C8 is now being validated.

vndkshn 11-12-2018 04:41 PM

Not sure how this proves or disproves anything. A Foosh said, no need for another thread, especially one without any hard evidence, just more "quotes" from anonymous "sources".

tcinla 11-12-2018 04:50 PM

Yeah.... GMAuthority doesn't prove anything but it does disprove that a $169,999 price is in anyway realistic given the reasons cited by the article. And who would you believe, GMAuthority who has relationships and objective experience with GM or an anonymous internet-based entity who only recently joined the forum in August (no credibility) ?

Which of those would "likely" be more true? If you had to bet...

pietro c7 11-12-2018 04:58 PM

Please guys keep the zerv02 and PCM stuff going...
its all we’ve got till the till an official GM teaser.

Steven Beaver 11-12-2018 05:19 PM

Anyone who believed that garbage is an idiot.

Foosh 11-12-2018 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by pietro c7 (Post 1598324091)
Please guys keep the zerv02 and PCM stuff going...
its all we’ve got till the till an official GM teaser.

Don't leave out Skank, his feelings will be hurt.

dreamr616 11-12-2018 05:53 PM

My feeling is if Zora.Info's thread about the Data Dump got canned by the moderators for being fake, then Zerv02's "final price confirmed" thread oughta suffer the same fate and be flushed down the sh*tter as well. If you're bold enough to state emphatically that something like that is a done deal, then you should at least have the evidence to back it up too, otherwise, it's just more BS being shoveled on all of us.

Btw, anyone get the feeling that Zora.Info and Zerv02 might be one and the same? Just sayin'

Shaka 11-12-2018 06:03 PM

It took me hours to compose my finest insult prose and now it's lost.

Sub Driver 11-12-2018 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by tcinla (Post 1598324031)
Yeah.... GMAuthority doesn't prove anything but it does disprove that a $169,999 price is in anyway realistic given the reasons cited by the article. And who would you believe, GMAuthority who has relationships and objective experience with GM or an anonymous internet-based entity who only recently joined the forum in August (no credibility) ?

Which of those would "likely" be more true? If you had to bet...

While I don't see the C8 being priced at 169k, this GMAuthority blog absolutely does NOT disprove anything. The even say that they have no idea what the outcome is going to be. I swear, it seems people really do not understand the meaning of words. You lose credibility when you claim something that is false.

tcinla 11-12-2018 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by dreamr616 (Post 1598324450)

Btw, anyone get the feeling that Zora.Info and Zerv02 might be one and the same? Just sayin'

TBH, I was thinking that about Zerv02 and Zaro....

skank 11-12-2018 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1598324231)
Don't leave out Skank, his feelings will be hurt.

Foosh, Do you shop at Walmart or Kmart ??

pietro c7 11-12-2018 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by tcinla (Post 1598324660)
TBH, I was thinking that about Zerv02 and Zaro....

Not quite ,Zaro is informative and funny....the other guy is sort of...well...a little bit .. »funny »

DaveFerrari458 11-12-2018 07:07 PM

Why is there need a for a new thread??

The price will be what it will be no matter how much we pray for it to be low or high! And of course GM is not going to offer only one model of the Corvette and have that start at $169K! The same can be said of Porsche, they would not survive if their lowest priced car started out at $169K.

tcinla 11-12-2018 07:10 PM

good point.... No offense meant to anyone, unless you're a troll.

fasttoys 11-12-2018 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1598324820)
Foosh, Do you shop at Walmart or Kmart ??

Sears wait I think they are closing most of those stores. Everyone can't we all get along. Many on the forum have different opinions once the reveal we all will have the answers until the faster ME is revealed. The great news, we will start all over again with insults and trying to figure out the pricing, options and the new name.

tolnep 11-12-2018 08:35 PM

nobody knows nothin