CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Transactions Feedback (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback-153/)
-   -   RANT ON: Informed parts buyers, beware of Corvette Mods (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/4213288-rant-on-informed-parts-buyers-beware-of-corvette-mods.html)

Big Lebowski 11-16-2018 10:08 PM

RANT ON: Informed parts buyers, beware of Corvette Mods

Long time no see. Rant ON: :rant:

I've just spent the last 2 hours of my life, providing 4 months of documentation to my credit card company regarding a dispute between yours truly and Corvette Mods of Fort Worth Texas. I ordered OEM Red Seat Belts from them July 2nd and we still haven't resolved the transaction. After they shipped the wrong parts (Coupe Seat Belts instead of Convertible), I have gone back and forth with them for over FOUR MONTHS trying to get a refund. Total dysfunctional nightmare. Even with an email chain a mile long, FedEx tracking #'s, shipping and delivery confirmations AND and email from customer service confirming they received the "merchandise" back, they are saying, "merchandise has not been received back" and threatening to send me to collections. Unreal. I bit my lip for 4 months trying to take the high road, even after opening a dispute with my cc company, I hoped it would get resolved. WRONG.

Beware. Stay away. Run FAR FAR AWAY. If you have used them, please take your business elsewhere. I wish I had

I could post my 3 page itemized timeline letter sent to my CC company, But figure you all have better things to do on a Friday night.

I feel better sharing. :D

RANT OFF.

Vet Interested 11-16-2018 10:24 PM

I gotta ask. You have been a member since 2005 and you NEVER saw any of the numerous threads addressing Corvette Mods and their bad business practices? They have been removed as a forum vendor because of their bad past.

Kevin A Jones 11-16-2018 10:31 PM

Yep, they have a horrible reputation.

spinkick 11-16-2018 10:37 PM

They are the worst!

555ctsv 11-16-2018 10:50 PM

Oh man I've been on here a while and never noticed any bad comments about them. I just placed another or with them last week that thankfully went well. Being in Dallas I usually get things from them quickly, but we're talking jacking pucks, airbag stickers, etc.. little stuff. I'll definitely think twice next time

Big Lebowski 11-16-2018 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vet Interested (Post 1598349372)
I gotta ask. You have been a member since 2005 and you NEVER saw any of the numerous threads addressing Corvette Mods and their bad business practices? They have been removed as a forum vendor because of their bad past.

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones (Post 1598349409)
Yep, they have a horrible reputation.

Originally Posted by spinkick (Post 1598349434)
They are the worst!

Thanks guys. Sadly no, I did not put two and two together until after I had placed the order. Dumb on my part as I usually research prior to ordering. Live and learn.

Vet Interested 11-17-2018 12:29 AM

We have all been had one time or another.....

MikeERWNC 11-17-2018 07:04 AM

Corvette Mods is also Modern Gen Auto.
Both are very dishonest.

All Corvette owners should stay away.

They stole intellectual property from me. I had Google take care of them.

beaversstonehaven 11-17-2018 07:38 AM

Never ordered any parts from them but I can't seem to be able to remove them from my email list after numerous attempts to do so.

KWC6 11-17-2018 09:24 AM

Include me in the “Screwed” club. Horrible idiots.

jimmie jam 11-17-2018 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by beaversstonehaven (Post 1598350165)
Never ordered any parts from them but I can't seem to be able to remove them from my email list after numerous attempts to do so.

I too have had a bad experience with them years ago. I'm having the same problem...they are like the plague. Even my blocking software has trouble keeping them out of my in box.

proexpert 11-17-2018 11:19 AM

Thanks for sharing this info.

Soonere39 11-17-2018 11:32 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...29c1bf1ec0.jpg

KenHorse 11-17-2018 11:34 AM

FWIW, I ordered (and received 2 days later) LED replacements for the license plate and cargo area bulbs from them.

Got lucky I guess....:confused2:

spinkick 11-17-2018 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1598351125)
FWIW, I ordered (and received 2 days later) LED replacements for the license plate and cargo area bulbs from them.

Broken clocks are rightt twice a day :D

But Corvettemods is digital....

MikeERWNC 11-17-2018 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1598351125)

That is because you over paid for .10 bulbs. They are still making a profit from you.

eBay is your friend. Everything Corvette Mods sells can be purchased on eBay for a fraction of the cost. You just have to wait two weeks for it to get here from China. Same exact parts!

The HID driving light kit I bought from Corvette Mods for 79.99 with life time warranty and replacement bulbs was 12.00 from China when Corvette Mods would not replace an igniter.
Same exact parts and box was shipped to my house, free shipping from China. I bet they are still working fine in that C6.

SuperdadZ06 11-17-2018 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Soonere39 (Post 1598351119)

That is really funny, how did you customize?

Big Lebowski 11-17-2018 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Soonere39 (Post 1598351119)

lol, awesome

Originally Posted by spinkick (Post 1598351310)
Broken clocks are rightt twice a day :D

But Corvettemods is digital....

you read my mind!

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC (Post 1598351348)
That is because you over paid for .10 bulbs. They are still making a profit from you.

eBay is your friend. Everything Corvette Mods sells can be purchased on eBay for a fraction of the cost. You just have to wait two weeks for it to get here from China. Same exact parts!

The HID driving light kit I bought from Corvette Mods for 79.99 with life time warranty and replacement bulbs was 12.00 from China when Corvette Mods would not replace an igniter.
Same exact parts and box was shipped to my house, free shipping from China. I bet they are still working fine in that C6.

As a buyer, I agree about eBay. As a seller...not so much. Sadly, eBay has lost its luster after getting screwed twice as a seller on eBay in blatant scams. (I’m seeing a pattern here). They will side with the buyer 100% of the time regardless of facts...buyers can do a drive by holding a severed head, and eBays response will be, “Nothing to see here!”

dleibman 11-17-2018 02:25 PM

Order two times from them without a problem. Never again. Thanks for the heads up.

vettebuyer6369 11-17-2018 07:24 PM

Coarvette Mods was removed as a Vendor here years ago because of all the problems. Check the archives.

They won’t be responding to this thread.