CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest-127/)
-   -   July 28th 2019 CMCS/XXX Root Beer All Corvette Show in Issaquah, WA (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/4213717-july-28th-2019-cmcs-xxx-root-beer-all-corvette-show-in-issaquah-wa.html)

AmmoVet 11-18-2018 02:37 PM

July 28th 2019 CMCS/XXX Root Beer All Corvette Show in Issaquah, WA

FYI
Put it on your Calendar now. See our ad here:

All Corvette Car Show

July 28, 2019

XXX Root Beer Drive-In

98 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA

https://www.corvettemarqueclub.com/event-3066668

Use above link to take you to our online registration which this year also lets you pay on line.

https://www.corvettemarqueclub.com/r...02%20sided.pdf

Use the above link to take you to our registration form and show flyer which you can print and mail.

List of Trophy Winners - 2019 CMCS/XXX Root Beer All Corvette Show sponsored by Evergreen Chevrolet

Class Award Awarded To Club

C1 1st Place Fred Mills

C1 2nd Place Thom Mayovsky

C1 Class Award Douglas Henning CMCS

C1 Class Award Craig McInery

C2 1st Place Bruce Green NCRS

C2 2nd Place Stan Trask Eastside Corvette Club (ECC)

C2 Class Award Bob Schoenfeld

C2 Class Award Clark Douglas

C3 1st Place Dennis McCormick

C3 2nd Place Steve & Lori Sunich CMCS

C3 Class Award Scott Mahlen Redline Roadsters

C3 Class Award Garrett Warhol

C4 1st Place John Kamm CMCS & ECC

C4 2nd Place Bruce Boyd CMCS

C4 Class Award Michael Trent

C4 Class Award Russell MacKenzie BC Corvette Club (BCCC)

C5 1st Place John & Donna Dochnahl Redline Roadsters

C5 2nd Place Ralph Orton CMCS

C5 Class Award Patrick Cain Jr.

C5 Class Award Howard Sale BCCC

C5 Class Award Don & Joanne Greenwood Classical Glass

C6 1st Place Peter & Melina Resch BCCC

C6 2nd Place Steve Hulett

C6 Class Award Erol Tazbaz

C6 Class Award Mark Chesmore

C6 Class Award Chuck Sharin

C6 Class Award Jim Emmi

C7 1st PlaceSandy Kamm CMCS & ECC

C7 2nd Place Ken Thomas

C7 3rd Place Aaron Hastings UnClub

C7 Class Award Leo Gangidino Classical Glass

C7 Class Award Mike Gladfelder

C7 Class Award Mike Roylance CMCS

Modified 1st Place Randy Fuller

Modified 2nd Place Ron Wuesthoff CMCS

Modified Class Award Chris Perovich

Best Grand Sport Gary Dyck BCCC

Best Z06 Phillip Curtis

Best ZR1 Don Stork Legends

Best Survivor Ron Luessen CMCS

Club Participation Award Minimum 6 cars from same club, most registered participants wins British Columbia Corvette Club BCCC

Sponsors Choice Roy Whipple

Count of Award

Club Total

BCCC 5

Classical Glass 2

CMCS 6

CMCS & ECC 2

Eastside Corvette Club (ECC) 1

Legends

NCRS 1

Redline Roadsters 2

UnClub 1

None 18

Grand Total 38

Mr. Peabody 11-18-2018 06:57 PM

:thumbs:

91LSMAN 11-20-2018 07:49 PM

Wait-July instead of August this year?

AmmoVet 11-20-2018 11:29 PM

Yep, scheduling conflicts forced the change

91LSMAN 11-21-2018 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 1598370951)
Yep, scheduling conflicts forced the change

Cool. I actually prefer July.

AmmoVet 03-11-2019 11:12 AM

TTT updated

last901 03-11-2019 06:53 PM

Mike, I can't explain why I enjoy your videos so much, except that they a harbinger of Summer. Good job. As always.

Who knows, I might even bring out the C6 Aero Lightweight (one of 42), as you know. Just waiting for the surplus rotating display stand and the lighting. I presume the club or the XXX will provide the power and the electricity.

AmmoVet 04-06-2019 12:01 PM

Wow. 9 early entrants already. With on line entry we expect to get lots of cars this year. Sign up early for those better slots.

last901 04-07-2019 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 1599178826)
Wow. 9 early entrants already. With on line entry we expect to get lots of cars this year. Sign up early for those better slots.

Look closely at those entries, Mike. I have reason to believe that Poodle Girl may have reserved them all. The better to have room for the Scotch bar, the floodlights and seats for the Monroe Correctional Center marching band. He tells me they can do an entire half-hour playing Barry Manilow's greatest hits using only fingernail files and dental floss. Sounds exciting.

Just sayin'

kawils2 05-15-2019 12:11 AM

The 25th Anniversary of the National Corvette Museum is August 28th - 31st in Bowling Green, KY. The once every 5 year Corvette Caravan will be held at the same time, so lots of Corvettes are going to be heading for Kentucky at the end of August which is when we usually hold the show, that's why we changed to July this year. The Seattle Metro area Caravan will start at Evergreen Chevrolet in Issaquah on August 22nd at 6am. Over 100 Corvettes will be leaving from there.
https://www.corvettecaravan.com/wp-c...3/pnw-logo.jpg

last901 05-15-2019 12:24 AM

Do you think I would look suspicious if I showed up just before departure time and asked one of the salespeople if I could take a test drive?

Sounds like an amazing trip. :cool:

AmmoVet 06-11-2019 03:31 PM

There will be over $1,400 in raffle prizes given out this year that we know about so far, more are expected. Be there with your car, participate and get your tickets.

On line sign up is going well, I think I heard we had over 40 cars registered already. Do it today, makes for a faster registration on the morning of the show.

Don't forget, I'll be selling the 50/50 tickets again for the deployed troops care packages.

Mike
AMMOVET

last901 06-11-2019 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 1599564481)
There will be over $1,400 in raffle prizes given out this year that we know about so far, more are expected. Be there with your car, participate and get your tickets.

On line sign up is going well, I think I heard we had over 40 cars registered already. Do it today, makes for a faster registration on the morning of the show.

Don't forget, I'll be selling the 50/50 tickets again for the deployed troops care packages.

Mike
AMMOVET

Good reminder, Mike. Both of the size of the event and the reason for having it. It's a damn good show. and a worthy cause.

Just curious though, Is it possible there will be some sort of award for the Corvette most likely to be completely ignored by the judges and therefore qualify for 3 sessions with a local professional who specializes in low self esteem? Possibly even an apprentice training session at the Puyallup Fair grooming a sheep.

Don't' say anything to anyone,- certainly not to Poodle Girl, (God only knows how much work he's put into trying to get his Land Roverto look like a Corvette but do let me know if there will be such a class so at least I can stop by Fred Meyers and pick up a can of Windex and some Armor-All in hopes of winning something this year.

Thank you my friend.

I'm getting excited.

Just sayin

AmmoVet 06-13-2019 08:46 AM

We can’t just give those awards away to every car, you need to bring it to win it. We can’t see your pristine one off all the way up there on the hill from issaquah. Thanks for the support.

last901 06-14-2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 1599574757)
We can’t just give those awards away to every car, you need to bring it to win it. We can’t see your pristine one off all the way up there on the hill from issaquah. Thanks for the support.

What about a shuttle? You know where I live. It's not all that far from Event Central. I might even roll it out of the garage if the temperature and humididty are appropriate.

Just knowing that you care is award enough for me, Mike.

kawils2 06-19-2019 11:09 PM

Pre-registration rate jumps from $20 to $25 after July 1st

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that the price for pre-registration for the Corvette Marque Club of Seattle/XXX Root Beer jumps from $20 to $25 after July 1st. :hide:
You might want to get registered now so you can save yourself $5 :rock: and use your savings to purchase some raffle tickets to win one of the many raffle prizes that are available. There will be about $2,000 worth of raffle prizes at the show (50 or so) :eek:.

There will be 50/50 tickets available as well with half the funds going to support military charities :flag:, and the other half going to the lucky winner of the drawing :woohoo:.

There will be just over 40 trophies awarded, so your chances of winning one are close to 1 in 3. :yesnod:

This is the largest all Corvette Show in Western WA, so come on out with your Corvette :auto: and join us for a day of Fabulous Corvettes :cool:, Music, Delicious Burgers, Fries & Root Beer :smiliedrool: (as well as other food), and fellowship with other Corvette Owners and the Public.

You can register for the show at the CMCS Web site at this URL (copy & paste into browser) : https://www.corvettemarqueclub.com/event-3066668

As a reminder the show this year will be held:July 28, 2019; 7:30am - 3pm; Location: XXX Root Beer Drive-In 98 Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA

Thank You for your Support!

AaronZ51 06-23-2019 07:40 PM

I'm registered and will see everyone on 7/28!

CamarosRus 07-18-2019 01:59 PM

I am registered and participating on July 28th.

I attended the SALEM,OR Glass on The Grass Show this past June 22nd.

Terrific Show in City Park (on Grass) with 160 Corvettes attending
XXX Show can no longer be called The BIGGEST

XXX is no longer a Great Venue..Yes its a FREE Venue, but Not a Large enough Venue
Time has come to search for Alternatives .....

Chuck Sharin Auburn,WA

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...cc56872c25.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3cec079f0f.jpg

last901 07-18-2019 03:06 PM

Looks like a great show. Nice venue. I was unaware there was any sort of competition or rivalry for the largest or greatest Corvette show. Does it matter? I'll bet you the root beer floats weren't as good as at the XXX.

Personally I like the annual XXX event. The local club (CMCS?) does a terrific job IMHO putting this together every year. Sure the venue is somewhat limited in terms of capacity, but just how many Corvettes can one look at in one day. Besides, the "unique" judging protocol and venue doesn't require entrants to pick grass clippings out of their tire treads in order to enhance the chances of winning some top flight award. We're not in Bloomington, Toto.

Forgive my sarcasm, The notion that one show is greater than another really holds no interest for me. Quality always trumps quantity in my book and to declare one show is greater than another harkens back to telephone booth stuffing or pie-eating contests. Your point is well taken though. Given that (I beleive) not all prospective entrants for the XXX show are admitted, owing to space restrictions might be unfortunate, but it's the best we have and that ain't bad at all.

The CMCS members work their collective tails off to make this show a success. Besides, can you imagine Ammo Mike having to peddle raffle tickets all day over a 5-acre field?

Just my thoughts in reaction to your comments regarding one show being greater or larger than another. Your photos are wonderful and the site looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. I'm sure it was not your intent to put down our own event in any way.

BTW, where are all the people in the photos?

CamarosRus 07-18-2019 03:24 PM

last901 aka NO NAME.......I'm not attacking Your Show, Your Club , Your Members.

I attended last years show , Fenders on Front Street and This Years Show....

I'm only voicing MY opinion that the XXX is not the BEST Venue and with all the
experience and clout of your membership Im suggesting that a BETTER Venue
in Metro Seattle is Out There.....ie...The Mustang RoundUp held at Bellevue Comm College.

I captured the Drone pics from the Willamatte Valley Corvette Clubs FB page.
Dont know where people were at that particular moment.....Plenty of FREE spectators
were milling around.......but that area certainly doesnt have the population to draw from
as does any Seattle area show venue........

My real name is still Chuck Sharin Auburn,WA