CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Why no new test mule sightings? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4215237-why-no-new-test-mule-sightings.html)

mracer 11-22-2018 10:45 PM

Why no new test mule sightings?

Come here daily, not seeing any postings/pics of the mules road testing out in public? Does GM have them locked up? Testing complete?
What's going on..........:rolleyes:
Mike:canadaflag:

elegant 11-22-2018 11:23 PM

Testing and development, while still on schedule, is far from complete. We have no idea why we have not see anything in over two months (save one tiny picture in a Frisco, CO parking lot). However, there are 140 miles of road at GM’s Milford Proving Grounds, and other 40+ miles within the Yuma, AZ Army base, with the probability that they are testing at both at least five days a week being very high. And none of that eliminates their renting “closed” tracks and testing on them during these times.

We just have been unlucky not to see anything within the last ten weeks. Hopefully we will tomorrow.

pietro c7 11-22-2018 11:39 PM

Meanwhile the new Porsche is debuting in Los Angeles in 10 days...
All sorts of pretty teasers .

I Have been 911 clean for 5 years ,10 months and 3 days....
Hope I don’t have a set back...
I might need help,
Is there a hotline I could call?

fasttoys 11-22-2018 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by pietro c7 (Post 1598380905)
Meanwhile the new Porsche is debuting in Los Angeles in 10 days...
All sorts of pretty teasers .

I Have been 911 clean for 5 years ,10 months and 3 days....
Hope I don’t have a set back...
I might need help,
Is there a hotline I could call?

911 is a solid car and for those that want a better deal buy a 2019 911. The C7 is a completely different car than the one it replaces were the Porsche is an evolution from the previous generation not a transformation like the FE to an ME.

ojm 11-23-2018 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by mracer (Post 1598380742)
Come here daily, not seeing any postings/pics of the mules road testing out in public? Does GM have them locked up? Testing complete?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-revealed.html

BMadden 11-23-2018 04:11 AM

New 911 looks just like the current one from the front with a worse rear end IMHO. I'd definitely take the current version over the one that's coming for 2019.

JerryU 11-23-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by mracer (Post 1598380742)
Easy answer, to keep C7 sales!

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1598381162)
New 911 looks just like the current one from the front with a worse rear end IMHO. I'd definitely take the current version over the one that's coming for 2019.

Reminded of my Dad’s comment about my ‘41 Ford Opera Coupe (that I stuffed an Olds engine into when I was 17) which he said looked like an upside down wheelbarrow! Fact is, he was right. He would have said the same about a 911!

Funny, Porsche did a nice job making a good looking modern car with a water cooled front mounted engine, the 928. But Porsche folks had to have there rear air cooled engine 911 look! They hired Toyota to engineer a production system that could make the 911 profitably as there loosing money on the product. It worked and they have managed over the years to make an inherently poor rear engine design into a world class handling car. They have modified the exterior somewhat but I think it still looks like an upside down wheelbarrow! :lol:

mracer 11-23-2018 01:53 PM

.....man, this has certainly veered off topic ....:leaving:

Skid Row Joe 11-23-2018 02:20 PM

Might be a case of it's (C8) all been put to bed by now. The finishing touches on the pomp, ceremony and fanfare releases to come are all that's left.

JerriVette 11-23-2018 03:16 PM

Gm read the corvette forum posts about the impending recession by corvette forum members and decided to not bother with producing the 8 th gen corvette..

Michael A 11-24-2018 12:21 AM

Nothing on the road is a little strange. There are some SoCal freeways they should test it on before finalizing the suspension tuning. These freeways will turn many cars into bucking broncos. Porsche had to change their suspension tuning after complaints from SoCal.

tooold2race 11-24-2018 10:24 AM

I hope the perceived delay is due to the intense planning going on for an astounding (and spectacular) reveal..... and hopefully sooooon!

On the other hand, could there be supplier issues or a few technical issues that reared their ugly heads while testing in Germany???

In either case I'm confident that it's coming soon, it will be 'right', and worth the wait.

In the mean time, two dealers are sitting on my deposit and I'm wondering if I should just get a new ZR1 and wait for the high performance edition of the ME.....

Jeff V. 11-24-2018 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Michael A (Post 1598385602)
Nothing on the road is a little strange. There are some SoCal freeways they should test it on before finalizing the suspension tuning. These freeways will turn many cars into bucking broncos. Porsche had to change their suspension tuning after complaints from SoCal.

I can't find a good link right now, but one of the segments at GM's Milford Proving Grounds is an uneven cobblestone road. It's meant to mimic old European roads. These cars get tortured before they're ever built in volume.

elegant 11-24-2018 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by tooold2race (Post 1598386596)
I hope the perceived delay is due to the intense planning going on for an astounding (and spectacular) reveal..... and hopefully sooooon! On the other hand, could there be supplier issues or a few technical issues that reared their ugly heads while testing in Germany???

In either case I'm confident that it's coming soon, it will be 'right', and worth the wait.

In the mean time, two dealers are sitting on my deposit and I'm wondering if I should just get a new ZR1 and wait for the high performance edition of the ME.....

No delays at this time. All proceeding in accord with GM’s schedule. Only issue being faced now, is our damned impatience.

[My impatience is right up there with the best...]

Michael A 11-25-2018 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1598387050)
I can't find a good link right now, but one of the segments at GM's Milford Proving Grounds is an uneven cobblestone road. It's meant to mimic old European roads. These cars get tortured before they're ever built in volume.

It's balled the Belgium Blocks named after the blocks used to make a very rough road surface for durability testing. I don't recall if the blocks actually came from Belgium or not. It's one rough ride.

hakim1111 11-25-2018 03:32 PM

New images are popping up on Facebook and Instagram showing what appears to be a mid-engine test car next to what is clearly a modified mule of the C7 Corvette – stoking up the rumors that General Motors is working on a more potent C7 in addition to a mid-engine supercar which may be part of the C8 lineup.

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://showbox.software/ , https://tutuapp.win/ , https://mobdro.onl/

FrankLP 11-25-2018 04:55 PM

Link?

FrankLP 11-25-2018 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by hakim1111
New images are popping up on Facebook and Instagram showing what appears to be a mid-engine test car next to what is clearly a modified mule of the C7 Corvette – stoking up the rumors that General Motors is working on a more potent C7 in addition to a mid-engine supercar which may be part of the C8 lineup.

Cool! Links?

JerryU 11-25-2018 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by hakim1111 (Post 1598392578)

If you are hoping for a new big pushrod V8, dream on. Now maybe a lighter C7 mini with the 2019 Silverado 2.7 Liter double overhead turbo L4, although viable for the future technically, doubt very much GM wants to introduce a Corvette to compete with the Miata! :lol: :lol:

moon2605 11-25-2018 07:12 PM

My Thoughts exactly. The ME wait has been a long one. I bought an Audi R8 to get my ME fix last year. I have a ZR1 on order now. Even though I am on a list for the ME I wont be a first adopter like I had planned. let the High Peformance models come out. I do expect one great looking car when they get it out.