CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/)
-   -   Why Corvettes need to be garaged in the U.P. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes/4218617-why-corvettes-need-to-be-garaged-in-the-u-p.html)

Rinaldo Catria 12-03-2018 11:02 AM

Why Corvettes need to be garaged in the U.P.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...546a24a0c.jpeg
Forget about driving them here in the winter...I dont care what kind of tires you mount. Mine have been garaged for over a month now. They’ll come out to play next May..

dmaxx3500 12-03-2018 11:09 AM

nice pic

punky 12-03-2018 11:09 AM

Wow, where do you live? U.P.?

C7BB 12-03-2018 11:35 AM

So pretty there. Love the U.P.

C7BB 12-03-2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by punky (Post 1598435975)

U.P is the Upper Peninsula of the state of Michigan. It’s crossing border is the Macinaw bridge connecting the lower part of the state to the upper part of the state. Absolutely gorgeous country up there. Pick your town, it’s like a lil slice of heaven in my opinion.

Rinaldo Catria 12-03-2018 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by punky (Post 1598435975)

near Iron Mountain.

BearZ06 12-03-2018 01:01 PM

It's pretty but I'll stick with the south for 12 months of Corvette fun!

Zora.Info 12-03-2018 01:13 PM

I don't know how all these people can own such a nice car and ruin it by driving in the snow, salt and all that crap. Then again most only keep them for 2 or 3 years.

C7BB 12-03-2018 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zora.Info (Post 1598436705)
I don't know how all these people can own such a nice car and ruin it by driving in the snow, salt and all that crap. Then again most only keep them for 2 or 3 years.

It’s just a car... where you live is apart of who you are! Cars are replaceable. Take in some beautiful countryside and breathe! You’ll see, cars are that, just a car.

Zora.Info 12-03-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by C7BB (Post 1598436775)

It’s just a car... where you live is apart of who you are! Cars are replaceable. Take in some beautiful countryside and breathe! You’ll see, cars are that, just a car.

Well I guess it differs from person to person. I'm certainly not advocating to have the car sit in the garage all year long. I'm just saying I would run it hard all Spring, Summer, and Fall, enjoy views, go on road trips and do a lot of tracking with the car. Then garage it in the winter to save it from the harsh elements. I dont know about you, but around here they salt the hell out of the roads. Buy a new $60K truck and if you dont wash it all ths time during the winter, it will be a pile of rust in 5 years lol. I'm sure the winter conditions would do similar to a Vette.

Supersonic 427 12-03-2018 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zora.Info (Post 1598436705)

Most don't drive them in the snow and salt in the Northern US States and Canada because it is our "fun" car srtictly for pleasure when the weather is nice. Very few that I have seen are driven in the salt and snow.!

Zora.Info 12-03-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 (Post 1598436839)
Most don't drive them in the snow and salt in the Northern US States and Canada because it is our "fun" car srtictly for pleasure when the weather is nice. Very few that I have seen are driven in the salt and snow.!

Agree. If you can afford a Corvette, you probably have it as your fun car like you said. And have other cars much more capable when the weather gets inclimate. That's another reason why I don't get why people take this nice cars in ths winter weather.

C7BB 12-03-2018 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zora.Info (Post 1598436849)
Agree. If you can afford a Corvette, you probably have it as your fun car like you said. And have other cars much more capable when the weather gets inclimate. That's another reason why I don't get why people take this nice cars in ths winter weather.

Rest assured, the OP isn’t driving that car in THAT snow. It’s prolly deeper than the car is tall. Haha!

jvp 12-03-2018 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zora.Info (Post 1598436849)

Because it's fun, maybe? As long as the ground clearance is there after plowing, why not? Put the right set of winter tires on it, and go have a blast driving in the muck!

Here's a hint: salt doesn't hurt Corvettes. Neither does water. Trust me: it won't melt!

Rinaldo Catria 12-03-2018 02:23 PM

Winter driving can be fun here... Corvettes are not the ticket however even if you don’t give a darn what the salt will do to it. They drive like crap in snow IMO... a little Jeep Renegade Trailhawk serves the duty of “shit weather” driving here for us until the Cayenne gets us to AZ (next week)till mid April. It unfortunately usually sees some weather between here and there and but handles it well. It’s the one situation I’d rather be driving a Porsche than a Vette.. they make a pretty good “sport truck”... haha

SLWRNU 12-03-2018 03:32 PM

Hang in there. According to those a lot smarter than most of us, global warming will have you growing palm trees up there in the not to distant future. Then you can enjoy the Z all year long. :toetap:

punky 12-03-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by SLWRNU (Post 1598437611)
Hang in there. According to those a lot smarter than most of us, global warming will have you growing palm trees up there in the not to distant future. Then you can enjoy the Z all year long. :toetap:

Those a lot smarter than us? Al Gore? Indeed, what a total line of liberal BS.

Mr. Gizmo 12-03-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by C7BB (Post 1598436118)

U.P is the Upper Peninsula of the state of Michigan. It’s crossing border is the Macinaw bridge connecting the lower part of the state to the upper part of the state. Absolutely gorgeous country up there. Pick your town, it’s like a lil slice of heaven in my opinion.

it’s beautiful in the summer. I don’t know if I could be happy with the winters. Probably as tough as Minnesota.

Kevin Parent 12-03-2018 04:10 PM

I'm a flat lander. That what people in the UP call the mitten portion of Michigan.

Mine has been on jack stands for around the same amount of time.

BLKTA 12-03-2018 05:05 PM

My friends with sleds pretty much worship the UP as heaven on earth. They always post pics on FB even during summer months. They usually head up there a couple times a year.