CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   C8 Delay & 2019 Projection Talk on the Vlog (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4219261-c8-delay-and-2019-projection-talk-on-the-vlog.html)

RickConti@Coughlin 12-05-2018 10:48 AM

C8 Delay & 2019 Projection Talk on the Vlog

WATCH TODAY’S VIDEO:
Today's upload , needed and response to yesterday's video as we get more info regarding the delay of the C8 Mid Engine Corvette. We also discuss expectations for C7 2019 Corvettes.
A lot going on, whatever is happening or happens, we will be on top of it for you and share what we can.
The great news is , we DO have an awesome car in C7 now...

FIRST VID ABOUT DELAY

jamesampm 12-05-2018 11:04 AM

a little surprised but with GM closing down plants this can't be too shocking to anyone. That kind of thing is going to be felt throughout an organisation, even mildly.

RonnieC6Z 12-05-2018 01:29 PM

If what Rick says is correct regarding the C8 being delayed, considering that the 2020 NAIAS Detroit show has been moved from January to June, most likely the introduction will be at the L.A. show in November of 2019, with production beginning no earlier than December of 2019 or January of 2020, but more likely spring of 2020.

NY09C6 12-05-2018 01:42 PM

That sounds like a very large delay. He says it is a small delay but does not back it up with any facts at all.

RonnieC6Z 12-05-2018 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by NY09C6 (Post 1598448977)
That sounds like a very large delay. He says it is a small delay but does not back it up with any facts at all.

When BG closed the plant for tours it was originally announced that the tours would begin again in January of 2019, which meant that the original plan was to show the C8 in Detroit next month. Then, a short while back, GM announced that plant was closed for tours indefinitely. That meant that the C8 was delayed. Because it's now December and there have been ZERO word from GM about the C8, and usually reliable sources such as Jalopnik know absolutely nothing, I honestly believe that Rick is spot on and we will not see the C8 until the L.A. show in November of 2019. My 4 year lease on my 2016 ends in September of next year. Furthermore, Porsche has a program where they will pay off the last 6 months or less of any car if one leases a new Porsche. That being said, if I can get a fabulous deal on a new 911 991 S Cab prior to the 992 coming out next year, I just may consider doing that and postpone getting a C8 for 3 years. I love and have owned many Corvettes and Porsches, so it is definitely a consideration.

Thunder22 12-05-2018 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by NY09C6 (Post 1598448977)

I just posted this in another thread:

That Vlog was nothing more than click bait. He literally said, after predicting LA, and after LA isn't a possibility, that's it's not LA as if that's news. Then, when it's pretty common knowledge that it's not Detroit (as it's too close to Detroit for it to be a possibility) says it's not Detroit, and then acts like it's a huge reveal that it's probably going to be NY, when gee, NY is the next show after Detroit, and a lot of people have been anticipating NY for awhile now. That coupled with a statement about there being a "delay" when no date has been announced, how can there be a delay against a never announced date?

Nothing personal against Rick, just trying to make sense of a youtube video, amongst all of the other chaff that is hitting forums these days.

Thunder22 12-05-2018 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z (Post 1598449066)
When BG closed the plant for tours it was originally announced that the tours would begin again in January of 2019, which meant that the original plan was to show the C8 in Detroit next month. Then, a short while back, GM announced that plant was closed for tours indefinitely. That meant that the C8 was delayed. Because it's now December and there have been ZERO word from GM about the C8, and usually reliable sources such as Jalopnik know absolutely nothing, I honestly believe that Rick is spot on and we will not see the C8 until the L.A. show in November of 2019. My 4 year lease on my 2016 ends in September of next year. Furthermore, Porsche has a program where they will pay off the last 6 months or less of any car if one leases a new Porsche. That being said, if I can get a fabulous deal on a new 911 991 S Cab prior to the 992 coming out next year, I just may consider doing that and postpone getting a C8 for 3 years. I love and have owned many Corvettes and Porsches, so it is definitely a consideration.

You're drawing a lot of conclusions and stating them as facts when there's no way you can know. i.e "the original plan was detroit" "that meant the c8 was delayed" etc etc.

I believe NY was the target all along. Which means all of this talk about delays and BGA closing is a bunch of hooey. :) But I have no facts, it's just a gut, not a statement of fact.

NY09C6 12-05-2018 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder22
I just posted this in another thread:

That Vlog was nothing more than click bait. He literally said, after predicting LA, and after LA isn't a possibility, that's it's not LA as if that's news. Then, when it's pretty common knowledge that it's not Detroit (as it's too close to Detroit for it to be a possibility) says it's not Detroit, and then acts like it's a huge reveal that it's probably going to be NY, when gee, NY is the next show after Detroit, and a lot of people have been anticipating NY for awhile now. That coupled with a statement about there being a "delay" when no date has been announced, how can there be a delay against a never announced date?

Nothing personal against Rick, just trying to make sense of a youtube video, amongst all of the other chaff that is hitting forums these days.

We are on the same page.

GOC 12-05-2018 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1598449259)
You're drawing a lot of conclusions and stating them as facts when there's no way you can know. i.e "the original plan was detroit" "that meant the c8 was delayed" etc etc.

I believe NY was the target all along. Which means all of this talk about delays and BGA closing is a bunch of hooey. :) But I have faacts, it's just a gut, not a statement of fact.

It comes down to if you believe Rick when he said that he talked to someone and that person said something along the lines of "You are right, it was SUPPOSED to be NY". No one knows for sure, but it's not going to be Detroit as there would be more info coming out by now already. As far as NY, we will likely know by Jan 2019 if you read between the lines.

BTW, is it normal for GM to commit the C7R to another full 2019 season of IMSA while debuting the C8 in April 2019? Someone who remembers the history of these debuts please chime in.

elegant 12-05-2018 03:39 PM

Yes, it is normal for GM to commit its currrent race car for a full additional session while debuting the next generation car. The C6.R raced the entire calendar year of 2013 (the year of the C7 reveal, start of production, and with its deliveries starting on September 19th to Mr. H, and to regular customers the following day).

The C7.R and the new C7 Z06 were both revealed on 1.13.14 — on the same stage at COBO.

As to what is being revealed when, no comment

RonnieC6Z 12-05-2018 05:19 PM

Just another thought. Auto shows are not nearly as important as they used to be, especially here in the states. That is why none of the exotics show anymore. It is entirely feasible, if the C8 is ready for introduction after the April NYC show but long before the November LA show, that there is a worldwide introduction from somewhere, probably Detroit, with press from around the world present that would be shown live on the web. Think about it....of all of the people in the world, or just in the US that are interested in seeing the new C8, how many would be in Detroit or anywhere else at the time of the show. A very tiny percentage.

dreamr616 12-05-2018 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by GOC (Post 1598449337)
It comes down to if you believe Rick when he said that he talked to someone and that person said something along the lines of "You are right, it was SUPPOSED to be NY". No one knows for sure, but it's not going to be Detroit as there would be more info coming out by now already. As far as NY, we will likely know by Jan 2019 if you read between the lines.

Trust me, he doesn't know any more then we do about what GM is going to do with the ME. He may THINK he does but GM is NOT going to let dealers know about the new ME until it's actually revealed. The only people GM might entrust with that knowledge are super big wigs like Rick Hendrick or Roger Penske. Other then that, he's in the dark just like the rest of us and is just speculating.

Zaro Tundov 12-05-2018 05:39 PM

How do we know this Rick character isn't saying this with the goal of selling his C7 inventory before the end of the year?

MidLVR 12-05-2018 06:39 PM

Not going to be well received at all, but I have to state it.
I can feel the flames already
OK.....how many times have we obsessed on C6 ZR1, the new Apple 10, the girl we are flirting with online etc etc etc......Once we are in bed with the C6, ZR1, the Apple phone and the girl....the chase is over. THERE is FUN in the chase DUDES!!! Waiting is actually a great suspense which we all take as frustration, but inside we love it.
Once the car is here.......think about your perspective on the C6. Don't, great car, loved it, own it. blah blah blah......remember waiting for it to be released? Thats the fun Sh_T.
C8 will come when it comes.....lets continue to be excited....and listen to what Rick just said: " Man the things I'm finding out about this car are going to blow your minds".
More excitement.
I have no problem waiting.....
OK MEN.....lets hurry up and wait....and enjoy it!!!!!

range96 12-05-2018 07:02 PM

^^^
Let's not forget that we stay in love until the next best thing shows up. :)

Quinten33 12-05-2018 07:05 PM

IF(note the big if) the C8 doesn’t debut in New York, GM will show it at the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance. If.

Zora.Info 12-05-2018 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov (Post 1598450307)
How do we know this Rick character isn't saying this with the goal of selling his C7 inventory before the end of the year?

Exactly. Just like the "Chevy Dude" guy. They're taking advantage of GM's silence and trying to sell their C7's that are overcrowding their lots. I'll take them off your hands, but I'm not giving you anything more than 20 bucks :lol:

BMadden 12-06-2018 12:18 AM

For all the people complaining about Rick's videos, here's a novel idea: don't watch them. He's done a great job building his YouTube channel with fun and informative content and he is more of an ambassador for Corvette than anyone on this forum will ever be. Personally I hope Chevy keeps pushing back the date of the C8 for at least another year just to make some of the entitled babies around here cry even more than they already do.

Michael A 12-06-2018 12:23 AM

I recall the C7 build-up to the reveal. This seems a little quiet for a build-up to a C8 reveal. No spy shots for months. No teasers. GM cutting 8000 white collar jobs. GM closing plants.

Thunder22 12-06-2018 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1598452231)
For all the people complaining about Rick's videos, here's a novel idea: don't watch them. He's done a great job building his YouTube channel with fun and informative content and he is more of an ambassador for Corvette than anyone on this forum will ever be. Personally I hope Chevy keeps pushing back the date of the C8 for at least another year just to make some of the entitled babies around here cry even more than they already do.

Calling out others for trying to better understand what he's saying is pretty hypocritical. If you don't like people actually DISCUSSING information on a forum designed for discussion, then don't read the threads. That was your advice to others wasn't it?