CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   [C1] Trying figure out the value (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4219451-trying-figure-out-the-value.html)

Mdunc 12-05-2018 08:50 PM

Trying figure out the value

The Corvette is a ‘54, I finally found the title. Sorry for all of the hype everyone..

My dad recently passed away. He has a 1953 Corvette, it needs to be restored. What I mean by restoration is that he has, as far as I know, all original parts. I have to look into it more to see if he has the Engine and transmission.
I also need to get the VIN.

I will get pictures posted as soon as I can get them, should be by this weekend. I will also get a list together of the parts he has to go with the car.

I know it is hard to answer my question with out pictures and a list of what comes with it.

GUSTO14 12-05-2018 10:00 PM

Melissa, welcome to the Corvette Forum and very sorry for your loss. No one really ever wants to receive a Corvette in this manner. Someday maybe, but never today. :sadangel:

Pictures are surely the best way to get a meaningful response to your question. Even more so since it is a '53. These cars are rare and often very well known. When a new (re: unknown) one does surface it is a big deal in the Corvette world. The VIN will answer a lot of questions about the car. but also raise many more.

Again welcome to the Forum and good luck with the car... GUSTO

856666 12-06-2018 04:10 AM

Hi and welcome to the Forum (sorry for your loss).

To find out more about the '53 post the following:

Picture of the Vin tag
Front, Back, Side, Engine and interior pictures
Any history about the car

Phil

emccomas 12-06-2018 08:59 AM

Pictures are worth their weight in gold when trying to answer questions like this. Also, the VIN number is very important. A picture of the VIN tag is critical.

I hate to say it, but there are a number of fake VIN tags out there, and a 1953 Corvette without the correct VIN tag is a big question mark.

So, please do the following.
1. Photograph the car and all of the parts and post those pictures
2. Photograph the VIN tag and post that picture
3. Identify what paperwork you have that goes with the car (like a title, etc.)

You will get LOTS of interest in this car, so take your time, and consider having a early Corvette enthusiast examine the car for you.

Good luck.

Ed

morly1963 12-06-2018 09:03 AM

good luck

Mdunc 12-06-2018 04:55 PM

1953 Corvette

Thank you everyone for your reply. I will get pictures up this weekend

Mdunc 12-23-2018 12:21 AM

‘54 not a ‘53

I edited to the post but I should’ve just done this first. I finally found the title. The Corvette is a ‘54, sorry for all of the hype.

GUSTO14 12-23-2018 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mdunc (Post 1598549468)
I edited to the post but I should’ve just done this first. I finally found the title. The Corvette is a ‘54, sorry for all of the hype.

...and for many, no less interesting! :thumbs:

Good luck... GUSTO

856666 12-23-2018 03:19 AM

Pictures please

Railroadman 12-23-2018 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by GUSTO14 (Post 1598549547)

...and for many, no less interesting! :thumbs:

Good luck... GUSTO

:iagree:

While not QUITE as big a deal as a '53, a '54 is very much of interest and I'm sure someone will give it a good home.

Sorry for your loss, hopefully the new owner will stay in touch and keep you posted as the car is completed.