CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   C8 or Camaro (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4219644-c8-or-camaro.html)

Bennerman 1 12-06-2018 02:04 PM

C8 or Camaro

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1901eb71b.jpeg
If you asked someone what car this is, what would you think they would say? A Camaro? I really hope the finished C8 product isn’t this😩

MitchAlsup 12-06-2018 04:02 PM

Only an idiot would not see that the engine is in the rear.

Rapid Fred 12-06-2018 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bennerman 1 (Post 1598454791)
If you asked someone what car this is, what would you think they would say? A Camaro? I really hope the finished C8 product isn’t this😩

Neither I nor anybody I can think of would say "Camaro." Frankly, it looks promising to me, which is all most of us can say for now. It is obviously not the finished product. The camo is indeed doing its job.

C7 is a great example. Ugly as can be in camo, mediocre in the Jalopnik renders, striking and popular (yes, even the butt) when revealed.

There will be those who don't like the C8, and likely for very defensible reasons from their perspectives. There are and will remain folks who object to any particular Corvette generation's styling. Popular as the C7 is, I am not convinced it is as "timeless" as the C6 which to me is smooth, efficient, taut and purposeful without a lot of very "of its time" details. So what -- GM only cares that they look good to most -- and sell. I will be shocked if the C8 is as big a "fail" as the latest Camaro refresh...

falcon5619 12-06-2018 07:27 PM

I wish it were a gen 7 Camaro because it needs a lot of styling help.

Dominic Sorresso 12-07-2018 12:09 AM

When will they come out w a Camaro w styling inspired by the 2Gen? That was the best looking body style GM has ever done. Particularly the RS version.

Skid Row Joe 12-07-2018 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Fred (Post 1598455979)
Neither I nor anybody I can think of would say "Camaro." Frankly, it looks promising to me, which is all most of us can say for now. It is obviously not the finished product. The camo is indeed doing its job.

C7 is a great example. Ugly as can be in camo, mediocre in the Jalopnik renders, striking and popular (yes, even the butt) when revealed.

There will be those who don't like the C8, and likely for very defensible reasons from their perspectives. There are and will remain folks who object to any particular Corvette generation's styling. Popular as the C7 is, I am not convinced it is as "timeless" as the C6 which to me is smooth, efficient, taut and purposeful without a lot of very "of its time" details. So what -- GM only cares that they look good to most -- and sell. I will be shocked if the C8 is as big a "fail" as the latest Camaro refresh...

The C6, is the new C4. You probably are still driving a C6. Because.....

.. If you haven't gotten that by now, 5-years into the C7, you're not likely going to get it.

..The C8 undoubtedly will blow the C7 out of the water. Predicting it won't is just foolish.

​​​​​​​..

Corgidog1 12-07-2018 03:45 PM

I don't know if the C8 will blow the C7 out of the water for the fans of a big front end and smaller back. The C8 is the reverse of that. Technologically, the interior design, and driving wise, yes it will blow out the C7-not so sure about the exterior design.

Rapid Fred 12-07-2018 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1598458106)
The C6, is the new C4. You probably are still driving a C6. Because.....

.. If you haven't gotten that by now, 5-years into the C7, you're not likely going to get it.

..The C8 undoubtedly will blow the C7 out of the water. Predicting it won't is just foolish.

Gee, no surprise what gen you are currently driving...

Understand that, along with the theme of this thread, I was talking styling, not the whole package. And let's face it, as exciting as it appears to be, you cannot say it is a lead-pipe-cinch that the C8's styling will be widely admired. The latest Camaro sure isn't.

Let's talk styling that stands the test of time in 20 years...I really don't know what will happen, but you kinda proved my point. Some like the C4 (it is a very clean and functional design, and was a HUGE sucess on its release), but some hate it.

Most Vette folks like every Vette generation, some gens more than others, but there is not one generation that isn't disliked by a sizable minority of Vette owners...

ojm 12-07-2018 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MitchAlsup (Post 1598455518)
Only an idiot would not see that the engine is in the rear.

Short length of front? large air scoops?

23/C8Z 12-07-2018 06:59 PM

For what it's worth OP a source whose opinion I value and respect said don't bother trying to figure out what this car looks like under the camo because it's not even close. that person has seen the actual car without camo and said it was the most beautifully designed car that person has ever seen. EVER..

inside and out. Floored in every regard. Only thing that person was not privy due to was drivetrain. Its has pushbutton trans no levers or handles etc.. but wouldn't discuss how it was propelled or by what.

so excited... less than 120 days...

ojm 12-07-2018 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z (Post 1598462324)
For what it's worth OP a source whose opinion I value and respect said don't bother trying to figure out what this car looks like under the camo because it's not even close. that person has seen the actual car without camo and said it was the most beautifully designed car that person has ever seen. EVER..

inside and out. Floored in every regard. Only thing that person was not privy due to was drivetrain. Its has pushbutton trans no levers or handles etc.. but wouldn't discuss how it was propelled or by what.

Design is very subjective like art.

ShagVette 12-07-2018 07:12 PM

Looks like a Prius to me.

ojm 12-07-2018 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by ShagVette (Post 1598462382)
Looks like a Prius to me.

or a new Corvair:D

K-TownMike 12-08-2018 07:32 AM

Given that we have seen both the R version and street car running around without body cladding, I can't imagine your sources claim that it will look totally different is realistic.

TEXASRANGER 12-08-2018 08:20 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...af5f62099.jpeg
The new night video at Sebring shows the exhaust to be further in from the corners.

I did order this beauty to mod and play wth until I can get the C8 next fall. Going to 1000 plus hp.
Facebook Post

I have my tags already.

Zora_Vette 01-11-2019 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bennerman 1 (Post 1598454791)

Getting really tired of people saying "hope the finished product..." along with a dislike of something this late. The C8 is pretty much done and final right now

Michael A 01-11-2019 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso (Post 1598458023)
When will they come out w a Camaro w styling inspired by the 2Gen? That was the best looking body style GM has ever done. Particularly the RS version.

Agreed. That would likely sell really well. Bring back the Firebird, too. :thumbs:

Tennis & Golf Nut 01-12-2019 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by ojm (Post 1598462355)
Design is very subjective like art.

Ya mean like women! :lol:

Buddy of mine was telling me how Smokin Hot his new girlfriend was, how great she was in bed, yada, yada,

Then I met her in person. :ack:

Her crooked, yellow teeth scared me off.

Zaro Tundov 01-12-2019 03:51 PM

Can confirm about the exterior. Some renders are kind of close but they don't properly capture form and lines.

Wontspeak 01-12-2019 06:39 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...41cce851d.jpeg