CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   No power (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4219645-no-power.html)

1dayzpay 12-06-2018 02:04 PM

No power

I hardly get time to drive my car so its been sitting in the garage. Sat most of the winter wouldn't start the other day. I had no power at all even my key. I installed a new battery still no power from car or alarm/key fob. I changed the battery in my key fob too. maybe a fuse? Any one ever have this problem? car has low miles too only 5k. 2015 Z06/Z07

eboggs_jkvl 12-06-2018 02:26 PM

There's 300amp fuse on the battery that might be the issue. Check the fuse and the connections. Did you check the new battery for voltage?

Elmer

CubPilot 12-06-2018 02:45 PM

Also, take the battery cables off the battery. Make sure that they are clean and shinny. I had an issue with my 2018 which turned out to have a failing cell in the battery. When I tried to start the car to take it to the dealer it would not start even with a battery charger with a car starting feature on it.
I finally checked the battery cable connections as described earlier in this post. No major corrosion, but the battery wire clamps had a dull look to them (the part that touch the battery posts). I didn't have a battery connection cleaning tool, but using some scotchbrite on the battery terminals and the
clamps did the job. I hooked up the cables to the battery, then the charger and it started right up. Took it to dealership and they replaced the battery.

1dayzpay 12-06-2018 02:53 PM

new battery has power.. I didn't notice a fuse on the battery. I have to check thanks

1dayzpay 12-06-2018 02:55 PM

everything is tight and clean has to be a fuse. I think

CubPilot 12-06-2018 03:29 PM

There is a fuse block at the rear under the carpet, left of the battery towards the center of the car. If I remember correctly, there is a flat piece covering it up under the carpet.
Make sure those battery connections shine, if they have a dull finish on the terminal/clamps on the parts that touch each other when installed it could be your problem.
When I first checked my battery clamps I thought there was no problem with them. Put things back together, NO start. Cleaned the battery clamps and post best I could, BINGO started.

It might be a fuse, but you have to ask yourself how that would happen if the car was sitting in the garage and it was OK when you parked it.

dmaxx3500 12-06-2018 03:38 PM

whats the charge on the new battery?

eboggs_jkvl 12-06-2018 03:56 PM

There is a fuse block that sits on the positive battery post. It connects to the post and the cable connects to it. That is the 300 amp fuse.

Elmer

RonC7 12-06-2018 04:36 PM

See this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...placement.html

Avanti 12-06-2018 04:42 PM

It is highly unlikely that a fuse would go bad/blow while the car is setting unused. I'm thinking a connection, major one, somewhere. IF you are absolutely sure the battery cable contacts are fine (not just look, CLEAN them), then check the other ends of them. Next time, at least go out once in a while and start the thing and let it come up to temp. All the best! :yesnod:

eboggs_jkvl 12-06-2018 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Avanti (Post 1598455725)
It is highly unlikely that a fuse would go bad/blow while the car is setting unused. I'm thinking a connection, major one, somewhere. IF you are absolutely sure the battery cable contacts are fine (not just look, CLEAN them), then check the other ends of them. Next time, at least go out once in a while and start the thing and let it come up to temp. All the best! :yesnod:

I agree, however, he changed the car battery. What are the odds that something touched something that something was not supposed to touch and took out the 300a fuse? Or the connections are not secure on the posts? Or the connections are cocked?

Elmer

CubPilot 12-06-2018 05:51 PM

Or maybe a ground connection came loose, other than on the battery connection? Maybe start checking from the battery.

1dayzpay 12-06-2018 07:58 PM

I'm gonna give it a good look over tomorrow. I did it quick the other night, I probaly missed something. thanks for the suggestions and the help.

VictorBarron 12-10-2018 04:40 PM

Let us know what you find out.

1dayzpay 12-10-2018 06:11 PM

It was only a loose connection, actually had a few loose. My own fault for rushing, as soon as I tightened everything up it was good to go! thanks for the help..

Red86Cfour 12-12-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by RonC7 (Post 1598455685)

No follow up or resolution on this thread. Did he get it fixed? Its from 2017 so I hope he did!

eboggs_jkvl 12-12-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Red86Cfour (Post 1598488727)
No follow up or resolution on this thread. Did he get it fixed? Its from 2017 so I hope he did!

He had a bad connection. I seem to recall that the + post cable was slightly "cocked" and it really wasn't tight. He went back and adjusted the placement of the cable and tightened it down andf the problem was fixed.

Elmer

kliph 06-22-2019 12:33 AM

OK, after changing the battery in the remotes it was still the same.
So, took the receiver out and put the 10 amp fuse back in.
Works like factory settings.
E-mailed the company about a new Module and one response.