CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Feedback on RPI Design Products Appreciated (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4219750-feedback-on-rpi-design-products-appreciated.html)

Paulzy 12-06-2018 07:06 PM

Feedback on RPI Design Products Appreciated

It's important to support this website's advertisers, but it's also important to be able to receive unbiased and personal opinions and testimony about these products.

I am interested in RPI Designs, C7 door kicker protector and sill protector covers. Those who have experience and opinions please advise.

Thank You :)

Buggy650 12-06-2018 08:59 PM

I bought a spoiler from them that appears deformed and they would not do anything about it. Good luck with your purchase.

taz2016 12-06-2018 11:57 PM

I bought painted body colored OEM splash guards from them. They had not been sanded completely smooth before painting and it was quite noticeable through the paint. They did not want to replace them and insisted I send pictures before they would do anything. After sending the pictures they claimed they couldn't see anything wrong (it was obvious in the pictures and made the paint appear to not match). After asking nicely several times it took threatening to expose their poor customer service on this forum to get them to offer to repair mine if I paid to send them back to them. Eventually I got them back and they were fine.
All is well that ends well?

EASonBASS 12-14-2018 11:30 AM

Mixed bag of results. They shipped me the wrong item. Twice. Ok stuff happens. Custom painted parts take a couple months so it was about 4 months before I received the correct item. My next order was literally shipped in a well-used amazon.com box that was beat to heck and barely hanging together by the time I received it. Thankfully the item was wrapped well and not damaged. Most recently, I ordered and received a set of painted fuel rail covers, no issues on that one!

I guess I was a repeat customer as Lana was responsive to the problems however RPIDon stopped responding to messages on this board. I'm happy with the stuff I received but it wasn't without its challenges.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...440f3508f0.png

Buggy650 12-14-2018 06:41 PM

Glad it worked out for you....I am left with a deformed spoiler that will not fit correctly and holes in my bumper......you get what you pay for I guess.

EASonBASS 12-14-2018 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Buggy650 (Post 1598502857)
Glad it worked out for you....I am left with a deformed spoiler that will not fit correctly and holes in my bumper......you get what you pay for I guess.

Yeah I’d be rather unhappy. Can the CC company help? Hope they’re not turning into a Corvette Mods but its kinda looking that way.

hms 12-15-2018 06:40 PM

Same here deformed rear spoiler.

Sixgun95 12-15-2018 11:45 PM

Go with ACS, top quality and a pleasure to deal with. You get what you pay for!

Buggy650 12-16-2018 08:37 PM

HMS.......
Where you able to make it work?

Jimnc 12-18-2018 06:28 AM

I bought a set of painted engine fluid caps from RPI for my C6 ZR1. Three of the caps fit and three did not. RPI advertised that the caps were an "Exact Fit". When I explained the problem and asked for a return authorization RPI said the caps didn't fit because my car was not OEM. That I had modified the LS9 engine in some way that their brake fluid, clutch fluid and power steering caps would not fit. I called BS. The car had 7900 miles and was bone stock. Not one mod. After a dozen emails back and forth they finally agreed to take the caps back. Bottom line is they sell crap product and have lousy customer service.

449er 01-01-2019 09:41 AM

I have purchased a few items from RPI, no complaints here