CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Black-ZTK in Currituck, NC... near miss (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4219758-black-ztk-in-currituck-nc-near-miss.html)

jamesw2066 12-06-2018 07:15 PM

Black-ZTK in Currituck, NC... near miss

I was driving home last night from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and saw my first black Ztk in the wild.
pretty wicked looking. It was being shadowed by an orange SRT and they played around a little bit.
I was in a not so impressive white work truck immediately behind the vet when the driver performed a very evasive maneuver to miss a 4 foot section of curled up tractor trailer tire. That would’ve really sucked since the car still had 30 day tags on it.
Glad you didn’t damage it.
If the driver of that car is on the forum PM me since I’m in the Coastal Virginia area and wouldn’t mind catching up with another owner in my area

WhatWouldDimeDo 12-07-2018 07:34 AM

Did it look like this? :D

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...26cc13f573.jpg

jamesw2066 12-07-2018 08:28 AM

^^^ Well yeah that’s a black ZTK.... Yours? Definitely if the car had to dodge that crap in the road two nights ago.
I was directly behind you.

WhatWouldDimeDo 12-07-2018 08:46 AM

Yeah that was me, my brother was in the red Demon in the right lane. I was worried whoever was behind me was gonna hit that tire.

We were headed back from Flippers Arcade.

jamesw2066 12-07-2018 01:24 PM

I'll hit you up when I take delivery of mine. We do a lot of runs down there on bikes and cars. I have a TPW of 1/21- so march or early spring. I own Integrated Audio Video in Suffolk Va so I'm easy to find.

Luke42_02 12-07-2018 02:31 PM

That’s so cool, I wonder what percent of ZR1 owners are on this forum. It’s got to be pretty high.

WhatWouldDimeDo 12-07-2018 02:44 PM

Sounds good! Yeah there are some pretty good roads that way.

DavidandJoansVette 12-07-2018 04:43 PM

Great looking ride! I have a C-3 live in Jarvisburg and frequent Flippers on occasion. If not for pinball I never would have made it through Law School back in the mid 70's .That and cheap beer from the tavern on campus .

jamesw2066 12-07-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Luke42_02 (Post 1598460939)
That’s so cool, I wonder what percent of ZR1 owners are on this forum. It’s got to be pretty high.

yes I would think it’s prety high as well. I do wonder how many ZR’s will make there way to Northeastern NC and SE. Virginia... not too many I bet based on our dealers allocations.

WhatWouldDimeDo 12-07-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by DavidandJoansVette (Post 1598461542)
Great looking ride! I have a C-3 live in Jarvisburg and frequent Flippers on occasion. If not for pinball I never would have made it through Law School back in the mid 70's .That and cheap beer from the tavern on campus .

They have Black Knight 2000 there, my personal favorite. I was surprised how many were there when I walked in. I suspected maybe 4-5.

WhatWouldDimeDo 12-07-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by jamesw2066 (Post 1598461700)
yes I would think it’s prety high as well. I do wonder how many ZR’s will make there way to Northeastern NC and SE. Virginia... not too many I bet based on our dealers allocations.

I ended up ordering mine through a dealership in Oklahoma. There was nobody local that I could find with an allocation. I planned on museum delivery from the beginning so it didn't make a difference where the dealership was I guess. From the calls I made back in July it seems like there are 2-3 in the state. There is a red one at Rick Hendrick's on Virginia Beach Boulevard right now, not very many options if I remember correctly.

What options did you end up getting? If you wanna check mine out I can bring it by, always looking for an excuse to put miles on it. :cool: The first one I saw in person was mine when I took delivery, worth the wait for sure though.

keagan 12-07-2018 11:14 PM

I gotta say I’m impressed by the owner actually being on this forum and responding so quickly. What are the odds! Glad you and your car is ok.

WhatWouldDimeDo 12-07-2018 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1598463475)
I gotta say I’m impressed by the owner actually being on this forum and responding so quickly. What are the odds! Glad you and your car is ok.

I wasn't until yesterday, but a guy that was checking my car out at Commonwealth Brewery 2 weeks ago said I should join. So as I was looking over the forum last night I found the C7 ZR1 section...and the first post that caught my eye was this...I was like...there is another ZR1 in Currituck County? Then when I read the story I realzed it was me. So here I am...

I was shocked that the guy behind me was on this forum and posted about it! Small world we live in.

jamesw2066 12-08-2018 09:41 AM

Yeah that’s pretty amazing that another owner recommended you to get on the forum and the first post you saw was mine about your car. Definitely a small world.This weekend certainly not any good to catch up but I’ll keep that in mind maybe I’ll bring my old 72 out and meet you somewhere. Welcome to the form.

WELEPRO 12-08-2018 10:00 AM

Nice looking car!

My wife and I are in the process of relocating to the Richmond area. Work takes me all over VA, so we spend plenty of time over near the beach. TPW is 2/18 for my ZR1. Would love to catch up with other local owners!

JCSIII 12-08-2018 10:02 AM

I'm in Chesapeake Virginia. I currently have a 2016 Z06 that I track at least 10 times a year if you guys ever want to go. I always run VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glenn & Pocono Mega course, and try to add something else in the mix. Maybe Barber or NCM this upcoming year. If you ever get in a bind or need help with maintenance hit me up. I really enjoy working on these cars.

I have a ZR1 on order my dealership just got an allocation and the order was accepted just need a build date now. Hopefully there will be 3 ZR1's in the area. The Red one at Hendrick is marked up 10k, I'll pay MSRP but I'm not paying and extra 10k. They'll sell it though.

2500 hd 12-08-2018 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by WhatWouldDimeDo (Post 1598458496)

That pic look's bad ass.....

WELEPRO 12-08-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by JCSIII (Post 1598464661)
I'm in Chesapeake Virginia. I currently have a 2016 Z06 that I track at least 10 times a year if you guys ever want to go. I always run VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glenn & Pocono Mega course, and try to add something else in the mix. Maybe Barber or NCM this upcoming year. If you ever get in a bind or need help with maintenance hit me up. I really enjoy working on these cars.

I have a ZR1 on order my dealership just got an allocation and the order was accepted just need a build date now. Hopefully there will be 3 ZR1's in the area. The Red one at Hendrick is marked up 10k, I'll pay MSRP but I'm not paying and extra 10k. They'll sell it though.

I’m a track guy myself. REALLY excited about getting on to VIR and others in the area.

jamesw2066 12-08-2018 06:11 PM

So mine is a ztk-silver with a manual, and the black one in NC,What other colors are going to be represented here in this area?

WELEPRO 12-08-2018 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by jamesw2066 (Post 1598467037)
So mine is a ztk-silver with a manual, and the black one in NC,What other colors are going to be represented here in this area?

Mine is Elkhart Lake Blue. Manual ZTK as well.