CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   New brake booster problem (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/4222191-new-brake-booster-problem.html)

infotraker 12-14-2018 06:51 PM

New brake booster problem

Replaced bad brake booster after lots of painful hours. After install Started car and pushed on brakes. Very loud popping noise coming from booster. Turned off engine and pushed on brakes and same noise occurred. After several brake pushes pedal will not move. Same situation after master brake cylinder removed. Booster rod does move out when brake pedal pushed.

Remanufactured booster bought from autozone .

Any ideas ?

ex-x-fire 12-14-2018 07:11 PM

Probably on the brake pedal side. I'd take it back apart, maybe something wasn't lined up right.

s carter 12-14-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ex-x-fire (Post 1598503041)
Probably on the brake pedal side. I'd take it back apart, maybe something wasn't lined up right.

I agree with Ex-Fire if something isn't Rite after an install retrace the job. if you Don't stumble up on a Aha a it had to come out anyway. Auto Zone has been pretty good with returns, and I think the Re-Manufactures trying.

infotraker 12-14-2018 10:04 PM

Lots of work

not much can go wrong when installing. Put rod on brake pedal and put on two nuts. Takes a lot of time, hours under the dash. Has to be bad part, now need to get same part from autozone again and spend hours reinstalling hopefully good part.
can you tell that I am upset ! Vette has been down for a month and now down longer.

johno504 12-15-2018 12:07 PM

plastic boosters

OP, you NEED to read my posts about the POS plastic reman boosters . the sales mgr. for A1 Cardone told me they would no longer be sold, and that Cardone had a new design steel booster the counter people at Autozone don't know about. the shop I use received the new design Friday direct from the A1 Cardone quality assurance lab in Brownsville, Tx at no charge and they will pay the labor, for the FIFTH booster in 12 months . I will provide follow up when more facts are known. amazing how high Cardone will jump when the President of NAPA tells them to fix my car and see to it that it STAYS fixed.

infotraker 12-16-2018 09:59 PM

Auto zone is ordering a Delco brake booster, I think plastic unfortunately. Wish I could get Labor fees since the cardone part was bad.

johno504 12-17-2018 12:02 PM

I hope you get a "good" Delco , had one fail in 3 miles. it locked up the front brakes, car would only go 25 flat out. shop charged me $720 for part, labor and fluids but the second unit was free. second replacement lasted 3k miles. number three lasted 1,800 miles, number four failed in 12 miles. i'll pick up The Silver Devil with "new , improved, redesigned steel " unit #5 Wed. who knows, it might even work. Good luck to both of us , we need it.