CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   C5 z (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4222239-c5-z.html)

walleyejack 12-15-2018 12:15 AM

C5 z

another queary i have, done my searches, didn t find what i was looking for yet.
is there a difference in Z sound system, some advertise premium sound and some just say Bose sound, my question is, is there base sound and a premium sound system in these cars ? Am leaning towards 04 commemorative edition.
tia

Not4spd 12-15-2018 12:50 AM

No z06's came with the crappy bose system. The first thing to do is to get rid of the terrible speakers.

Evil-Twin 12-15-2018 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Not4spd (Post 1598504502)
No z06's came with the crappy bose system. The first thing to do is to get rid of the terrible speakers.

a comma between No and Z06's would be appropriate.
how it is written without the comma says: No ( Not any ) zo6 came with a crappy system ( which would mean something other than the standard factory system
.. Just teasing here
to the OP... the Z06 came with a factory Bose system... however many used C5's have changed head units and speakers. This could be expressed as a premium system. The factory Bose system is really not a premium system., there is no option for a better radio. from the factory..

Yello95 12-15-2018 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Not4spd (Post 1598504502)

Guess I'm gettin old and deff.......my system and speakers still sound great to me...just sayin:hide:

UBNZO6D 12-15-2018 02:04 AM

My 2004 Commemorative came with a Bose system and still sounds good but no comparison to modern stereos...I prefer to drive and just listen to the sounds my hot rod makes.

Greg

walleyejack 12-15-2018 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin (Post 1598504539)
a comma between No and Z06's would be appropriate.
how it is written without the comma says: No ( Not any ) zo6 came with a crappy system ( which would mean something other than the standard factory system
.. Just teasing here
to the OP... the Z06 came with a factory Bose system... however many used C5's have changed head units and speakers. This could be expressed as a premium system. The factory Bose system is really not a premium system., there is no option for a better radio. from the factory..

ok thank you sir, that is what i am trying to establish, some advertise Bose and some advertise Premium Sound system, I agree tho, i wouldn t call Bose a premium system, and have seen many cars change the head unit. i guess it is just trickery in the ads. I may have been premium sound in the 60 s hehe

JR-01 12-15-2018 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Yello95 (Post 1598504601)
Guess I'm gettin old and deff.......my system and speakers still sound great to me...just sayin:hide:

I'm with you. My first cars had AM radios with one speaker in the dash before I upgraded to 8 tracks and two speakers in the rear tray. Not everyone wants loud stereos that damage hearing. I like my OEM Bose.

rrwirsi 12-15-2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1598505317)
I'm with you. My first cars had AM radios with one speaker in the dash before I upgraded to 8 tracks and two speakers in the rear tray. Not everyone wants loud stereos that damage hearing. I like my OEM Bose.

I agree. Rarely do I listen to music while driving. Love to hear the sounds of this car especially with the top down. :thumbs:

Evil-Twin 12-15-2018 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1598505317)

I am only commenting on your comment... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is a very big difference in a quality system that has nothing to do with a loud system. many inexpensive stereo systems have poor frequency response because all the sound is compressed. A good stereo has uncompressed sound. meaning you get those deep 15-20 MHz base responses and those highs in the 80,000 MHz range.. a good high end stereo will give you goose bumps, and feel as if the artist is sitting in the passengers seat.

Story time:
when I was young, ( Late 50's ) I bought a 100 dollar stereo for my home.it was great until I heard a 500 dollar system, however it made my 100 stereo very inadequate, not because of the money but because of the dramatic range difference in sound. a few years later I met this guy who had a J. B Lansing tube pre-amp and amp and Phase Linear component stereo, it was 7,000 dollars. It made my 800 dollar stereo less than great. Since I now know what a real audio system could be. I never bought a 7,000 dollar stereo but now have the ear to know good sound. And increasing the sound level has nothing to do with quality sound. Like wine, a cheap bottle of wine is very acceptable until you buy into better wines. Knowing and experience high end anything can be very costly.. A bottle of Chateau le fête Rothschild can cost you 3 or 4 grand depending on year.. Dont climb that ladder too quickly because there is no going back and you need deeper pockets. I also learned that " I can not afford to buy anything too cheap.". buying too cheap can be very costly.

Just some life lessons
Bill aka ET

bikemiser 12-15-2018 12:03 PM

Can someone tell me what RPO UZ6 was?

c4cruiser 12-15-2018 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by bikemiser (Post 1598505983)
Can someone tell me what RPO UZ6 was?

Believe that's a 6 speaker system, quad units in front door, duals in rear quarter panel.

knewblewkorvette 12-15-2018 06:55 PM

I upgraded to the premium stereo. It was not available in the Z06 :leaving:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5656fe7a4a.jpg

HT1663WB 12-15-2018 08:01 PM

The factory system in my C5Z sounds way better than the factory system in my C6Z. C6Z has the navigation unit.

Not4spd 12-16-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Yello95 (Post 1598504601)

Must be. :lol: Compared to what's available on the market today, you would be surprised at the overall sound quality you can get now compared to what came factory. The clarity alone is worth upgrading.

JR-01 12-16-2018 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Not4spd (Post 1598509733)
Must be. :lol: Compared to what's available on the market today, you would be surprised at the overall sound quality you can get now compared to what came factory. The clarity alone is worth upgrading.

I have heard modern stereos and it's just not worth it to me to upgrade for the clarity. I am perfectly satisfied with the sound of the Bose and don't need any better sound.

MacA1979 12-16-2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1598509879)
I have heard modern stereos and it's just not worth it to me to upgrade for the clarity. I am perfectly satisfied with the sound of the Bose and don't need any better sound.

I agree! My hearing has gotten to the level where this stock Bose system is more than adequate for me.

JALLEN4 12-16-2018 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by walleyejack (Post 1598504922)
ok thank you sir, that is what i am trying to establish, some advertise Bose and some advertise Premium Sound system, I agree tho, i wouldn t call Bose a premium system, and have seen many cars change the head unit. i guess it is just trickery in the ads. I may have been premium sound in the 60 s hehe

One must remember that in that era the Bose branded system was the "premium" audio system throughout GM's different makes. Getting a Bose in the Z06 was getting a premium system.

JR-01 12-16-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by MacA1979 (Post 1598509971)
I agree! My hearing has gotten to the level where this stock Bose system is more than adequate for me.

Listening to music is secondary when it comes to driving my Vette. There is always something better out there, but if one is satisfied with what he has, then why change?

Not4spd 12-16-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1598510032)
Listening to music is secondary when it comes to driving my Vette. There is always something better out there, but if one is satisfied with what he has, then why change?

I was satisfied with my Trans Am as a daily, but I really wanted a CTS-V as a daily. I've been very pleased with the change as it is better in every way, audio, comfort, performance, technology . :)

JR-01 12-16-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Not4spd (Post 1598510509)
I was satisfied with my Trans Am as a daily, but I really wanted a CTS-V as a daily. I've been very pleased with the change as it is better in every way, audio, comfort, performance, technology . :)

I am happy with what I have and don't really want anything else. When I do I will get it.