CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-corvettes-for-sale-52/)
-   -   FS: 2004 Convertible (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-corvettes-for-sale/4222595-2004-convertible.html)

claf 12-16-2018 12:10 PM

2004 Convertible

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...10a83521d9.jpg
FS last of the best of the C5's 2004 MY conv. w/manual shift. Will sacrifice in order to help move to C7 Most factory options incl HUD, Memory. Either Borla or stock exhaust. Looking for B/O at or near 15K. New battery and two new tires this year

xxxxxxxxx See post #23 can be bought for 10K xxxxxxxxxx

Doons 12-16-2018 12:47 PM

Miles? More pics please?

claf 12-16-2018 02:53 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5823083672.jpg
The mileage is approx 92000. This is a two owner car that spent the first 15 years of it's life in Fla. It is 99% stock outside of the Borla exhaust and the skip shift fix. Clean Carfax history. Only significant repair in the last three years was a water pump replacement. Also NO codes, has recently passed the Ma safety and emissions testing No.oil usage between changes. . Typically runs 23/24 MPG.. Everything works except the ten disc changer which is OK electronically but mechanically jambs. Originally equiped with the magnetic suspension the shocks have all been changed to conventional shocks.

BlackHellcat 12-29-2018 06:53 PM

Any flaws not listed? Clean title in your name? More pics? Ever winter driven?

claf 12-30-2018 05:24 PM

INo problems, after spending most of it's life in Fla it has had NO winter exposure. I bought it from a "Mon & Pop" used car lot near the Finger Lakes Region (NY) who acquired it from a Florida auction. In the interest of full disclosure, one front tire loses about 5 lbs of pressure a month. Annual mileage in my three years of ownership has been approx 3000
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...c34cd02a34.jpg

I have the owners manuals that came with the car plus three fobs and two keys.

claf 12-30-2018 05:32 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ee46d1afaf.jpg

claf 01-03-2019 03:52 PM

I am perplexed of the 1000+ people who clicked on this thread only two had a question or two and they both immediately faded into the nether world. I realize that this time of year is not ideal for selling a Vet , especially this part of the country but really ?????

Even comments ie: too expensive, too many miles, too much equipment, too little equipment, wrong color, "I want an automatic" would be better no response at all. I understand that most people reading the C5 for sale section already have a C5. But you would think out of 1000 there would be one or two people who qualified as legitimate customers.

Sure i could go the C/L or Ebay route but this forum seemed the easiest and quickest route to gauge interest and to put my selling $$$ into perspective. It may seem like I'm crying but that isn't so just somewhat disappointed. I'm not going to go on an everlasting quest of "bumps" to get this ad to the top of the thread, I have seen the light and can live with it.

jeff42899 01-03-2019 04:06 PM

I'm looking to trade for this exact car. Here's my ad.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es-for-c5.html

claf 01-03-2019 10:29 PM

Sorry Jeff I want to move up to a C7 and I don't know any dealer who would take watches in part trade . Bob

BlackHellcat 01-04-2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by claf (Post 1598614563)
I am perplexed of the 1000+ people who clicked on this thread only two had a question or two and they both immediately faded into the nether world. I realize that this time of year is not ideal for selling a Vet , especially this part of the country but really ?????

Even comments ie: too expensive, too many miles, too much equipment, too little equipment, wrong color, "I want an automatic" would be better no response at all. I understand that most people reading the C5 for sale section already have a C5. But you would think out of 1000 there would be one or two people who qualified as legitimate customers.

Sure i could go the C/L or Ebay route but this forum seemed the easiest and quickest route to gauge interest and to put my selling $$$ into perspective. It may seem like I'm crying but that isn't so just somewhat disappointed. I'm not going to go on an everlasting quest of "bumps" to get this ad to the top of the thread, I have seen the light and can live with it.

For $15k I want a H/C or FI car. If you're flexible by thousands we can talk. If not, GLWS :)

claf 01-04-2019 04:28 PM

I don't know what a H/C or FI car is. I guess i don't have whatever it is that's missing. If I was in a "MUST SELL" situation I could go to Carmax and take their guaranteed $9452. offer that's good for a week but the idea of taking 65 cents for each and every dollar of actual value does not appeal to me. Once this (waning) urge to have a C7 totally wears off I will be content to drive my C5 for another 5 or 7 years

Mulkey2 01-04-2019 08:33 PM

Well

That's a very fair price, I paid $13,900 for mine with similar miles and probably slightly worse condition.

Yello95 01-05-2019 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by claf (Post 1598621519)
I don't know what a H/C or FI car is. I guess i don't have whatever it is that's missing. If I was in a "MUST SELL" situation I could go to Carmax and take their guaranteed $9452. offer that's good for a week but the idea of taking 65 cents for each and every dollar of actual value does not appeal to me. Once this (waning) urge to have a C7 totally wears off I will be content to drive my C5 for another 5 or 7 years

:iagree:...just keep it and enjoy it.....thats what I am going to do...can't get crap for it....everyone wants stuff for nothing nowadays.....i will donate mine before I let some mf lowball bastich have it for next to nothing....taking the MCM hood off first...:lolg::cheers:

claf 01-05-2019 09:51 AM

I agree with Yello95, I think the C5's have bottomed out depreciation wise. Worth a minimum of $10K now, worth 10K five years down the road. Without a doubt the best performance car available for the money, nobody is going to steal mine either !

BlackHellcat 01-05-2019 12:41 PM

heads/cam & forced induction. I'd offer you more than $9400 lol

Big Top Gt 01-11-2019 10:20 AM

If I was in a "MUST SELL" situation I could go to Carmax and take their guaranteed $9452. offer that's good for a week but the idea of taking 65 cents for each and every dollar of actual value does not appeal to me. Once this (waning) urge to have a C7 totally wears off I will be content to drive my C5 for another 5 or 7 years

That's it, right there.

You've got a firm cash offer from Carmax at $9500 but feel that's only 65% of what it's worth, but that's not how it works.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but even a nice car like yours, which is 3 generations old with the 4th about to drop, has bottomed out, price wise. So, if you want a quick sale, it would stand to reason that you'd need to be in the 10.5 to 12k range, but if you want a "quick sale at your maximum dollar value" then the car needs more equipment, or lower miles, and/or some mods, as BlackHellcat-guy mentioned previously, because those cars are out there with heads, cams, headers, etc... in the same price range as your asking price.

It makes it a tight and competitive market. :(

It's also the dead of winter, which isn't helping.

Also, in general: if you're getting a lot of views and no comments or inquiries, it's 99.99% a pricing issue. If it's cheap (reasonably priced) enough, then you'll get a lot of inquiries, but if you're a little bit too high, and people think that's it's so far away from what they would pay that you would never say yes, they don't want to waste your time or theirs.

The good news is you have a firm offer and BHC guy seems interested, so maybe there's a middle ground for you both.

It's also worth considering the savings that you should get on buying a C7 in the winter would basically match paying more for the car in Spring, but selling your car for more in the spring. If the net number is the same whether it's now or whether it's in May, it's all basically a wash, if you know what I mean.

​​​​​​​Not sure if this is at all helpful, but I hope so. :)

TimAF 01-11-2019 12:52 PM

I'm in the same position as you, in that i'm trying to sell my 03 C5 convertible. I am asking considerable more because of condition and mileage. Right now, the buyers aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork. While I'm a bit flexible on price, it may be spring before I get a buyer. They are out there but it will take some time. And, a lot of buyers prefer an unmolested car.

As far as the C7 is concerned, If you have driven one, the bug won't go away. I ended up with a C7 Grand Sport and couldn't be happier. While you cannot beat the lines of a C5, The C7 is a better car in so many ways, IMHO. Good luck with your sale.

claf 03-27-2019 10:02 PM

Still selling

Here in the great Northeast we have pretty well beaten winter to death, still snow and ice on the ground but the temperatures are gaining. Unfortunately my lust for a new C7 has not abated. With substantial discounts out there (or coming soon) It's time for my 2004 convertible to go live in someone else's drive way. A realistic offer of $12500 would take it away. Bob C

claf 04-01-2019 09:27 PM

Branching out

With all the non-action here on the forum I have branched out and my 2004 convertible is now listed on the Western Ma C/L. The post went active early this AM and have so far received ONE offer. Not quite what I'm looking for but a possibility as a last resort. Asking a little more than my last post here to allow for some negotiation. I want to get a C7 ordered so I have it for the bulk of the summer.

BubbaKahuna 04-02-2019 12:34 AM

You're kind of a haul from Wisconsin, but if I sell my waverunner by this weekend you may just have that exact offer. ;)